Cameron White - the bear is in rare form!

Remove this Banner Ad

Victoria will declare before than you'd think?

This wicket doesn't look like its got anything in mind other than a draw.

Not sure I'd let Warner loose at a gettable target the way he's been enjoying Victorian bowling lately. Plus there's Clarke, Smith & a due for a score Maddinson to worry about.

This wicket doesn't look like its got anything in mind other than a draw.

Not sure I'd let Warner loose at a gettable target the way he's been enjoying Victorian bowling lately. Plus there's Clarke, Smith & a due for a score Maddinson to worry about.

Yeah I agree but I still think Wade will declare at some stage. Saying that, Boof said he's not worried about 50's or 60's, he wants centuries so I if Wade was a good mate he'd just let these two bat all day.

Yeah I agree but I still think Wade will declare at some stage. Saying that, Boof said he's not worried about 50's or 60's, he wants centuries so I if Wade was a good mate he'd just let these two bat all day.

I prefer captains playing for results. But in this particular scenario I'd prefer to see Hanscomb and White given the chance to make hundreds than hand NSW an easy win.

70 not out was another good return for Cam White - it's a pity Wade declared really.

White has been nothing if not a model of consistency this season.

Disappointing that Wade declared, if White had of got a ton he would be in my first test team. Oh well. If he keeps batting and eventually makes one or two big scores he will get a chance soon.

Disappointing that Wade declared, if White had of got a ton he would be in my first test team. Oh well. If he keeps batting and eventually makes one or two big scores he will get a chance soon.
I liked white when he continued to incrementally improve his form in the first few years of his career, probably culminating in the shield win.
Subsequently he declined, noticeably in the last few years.
I think he was struggling to justify his selection at times.
The latter part of last season, the short form games and now in shield he has got consistently good scores and this is he probably has about 8 or 9 half centuries in various forms.
he is performing as a contributor though, not as a winner.
Someone like Warner stands out because of the hundreds he is scoring, I think 2 or 3 in the short form games and now again in the shield.
3 now against victoria.
while the victorian bowling line up isn't what it has been in past seasons, he can only perform against the opposition presented.
Warner in red hot form, White, needs a couple of centuries to draw attention to his form.

'Only' 33 from White today against Tassie. Been a long while since he's failed to make a contribution, but cannot find a hundred.

I liked white when he continued to incrementally improve his form in the first few years of his career, probably culminating in the shield win.
Subsequently he declined, noticeably in the last few years.
I think he was struggling to justify his selection at times.
The latter part of last season, the short form games and now in shield he has got consistently good scores and this is he probably has about 8 or 9 half centuries in various forms.
he is performing as a contributor though, not as a winner.
Someone like Warner stands out because of the hundreds he is scoring, I think 2 or 3 in the short form games and now again in the shield.
3 now against victoria.
while the victorian bowling line up isn't what it has been in past seasons, he can only perform against the opposition presented.
Warner in red hot form, White, needs a couple of centuries to draw attention to his form.

Given North has got the two centuries he might even be ahead of White now in selectors eyes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That deck is doing everything. His 33 was more like 60 and Quiney's 80-odd was more like a 150 in terms of worth

That deck is doing everything. His 33 was more like 60 and Quiney's 80-odd was more like a 150 in terms of worth

I wasn't playing down his contribution today - hence the inverted comers. My point was he hasn't failed for ages, but just can't find seem to find that elusive 100.

That run of consistency finally came to an end for White in the 1st innings against WA. But he's bounced back with a long awaited century in the 2nd innings - 131 off 155 balls.

I'd pick White because he's right handed, eventually swan will get his s**t together, and it'll be much better to have 5 righties in the middle order to combat that. plus it's always nice having a more than handy wrist spinner as a part timer

Pretty close run thing though

Bailey would want to make some runs on the batting friendly deck in Adelaide.
Has both White and North breathing down his neck.
All things being equal, would have North ahead of White as we speak.
Bailey is not the only player under pressure from the run scoring of North & White, Rogers also needs to make the most of the Adelaide tarmac or else I can see him losing his spot also. So would be shocked to see both in the side before the end of the series & a great thing too it would be to have another 2 true Victorians in the side.

Bailey is not the only player under pressure from the run scoring of North & White, Rogers also needs to make the most of the Adelaide tarmac or else I can see him losing his spot also. So would be shocked to see both in the side before the end of the series & a great thing too it would be to have another 2 true Victorians in the side.

Rogers is hardly a true Victorian.

Grew up a suburb away from me and went to school with Ben Cousins.

Rogers is hardly a true Victorian.

Grew up a suburb away from me and went to school with Ben Cousins.

He meant North as a true Victorian

Remove this Banner Ad

Back