Past Cameron Wood (2005-2007)

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Cameron Wood

Well he only play Half The Game when he has more endurance the Number should go up

Yeah he's certainly capable, as rounds 1-3 showed. Was just confused that a poster called his Anzac day performance "great".

Couldn't be happier with the way Cameron is going.

His tap work is very nice, and he is getting us a couple of freebies per game, and unlike several ex collingwood ruckman he is absolutely no liability when in possession. That is what i'm impressed about the most, his comfort with the footy.

Definitely a player of the future, and I don't see it as a coincidence that his form has moved back a little as Fraser gains some form and gets more game time.

None the less our ruck combo has been good to this stage of the season, and it's been sometime since I've been able to say that.

Saying this, I don't think you fella's would be to disappointed with big Leuey's form right now.

Does anyone have the Link or Video of Woods Draft Day Video?

With the recruitment of Jolly, Wood finds himself in a similar situation at Collingwood as at Brisbane. It would not be a good look if he asked to be traded again, so he will probably just stay and fight it out. I imagine he would be fairly frustrated at the way things have panned out.

As long as he can get himself going decent in the ruck position i think he will be ok. Jolly is there, but they can use Fraser up forward. Pies still lack some structure up forward and if Wood can hold down the 2nd ruck spot along with Jolly then it lets them use Fraser elsewhere.

I think this is a make or break year for him though. He needs to be able to perform consistantly. He is only 2nd ruck at best, so he doesn't need to pull out a Mitch Clark, he just needs to be consistantly servicable. If he is hot and cold again this year i can see the pies showing him the door.

As long as he can get himself going decent in the ruck position i think he will be ok. Jolly is there, but they can use Fraser up forward. Pies still lack some structure up forward and if Wood can hold down the 2nd ruck spot along with Jolly then it lets them use Fraser elsewhere.

I think this is a make or break year for him though. He needs to be able to perform consistantly. He is only 2nd ruck at best, so he doesn't need to pull out a Mitch Clark, he just needs to be consistantly servicable. If he is hot and cold again this year i can see the pies showing him the door.
I think you're right Chopper, Cam's chances are going to hinge on how they decide to use Fraser. IMO they need Fraser in the forward line on a full time basis which would leave Jolly and Cam to share the ruck duties. I would love to see him have success on a personal level, just no premierships!!:D

It would be an interesting set up if Collingwood played Jolly, Wood and Fraser in the one side.

Personally, I don't think Collingwood's forward line is so poorly functioning that they need to play Fraser as a permanent forward. Their key is Cloke - if he can return to a semblance of form at CHF, then it really makes them look a more dangerous side. If that then occurs, they may be very tempted to rotate Fraser between ruck, forward and the bench, rather than playing 2 pure rucks. If that happens, Wood might be sidelined.

But his future is in his hands. Jolly is a fine ruckman and Fraser gives so much versatility but eventually, as a young footballer, you have to back yourself to oust the more senior player/s. That time may have come for Wood - he needs to give Malthouse no choice but to select him, rather than simply getting a run because a spot is available.

Surely someone will pick him up. Handy backup ruck.

Yet another player who moved on from the Lions and amounted to very little.

As for the bloke we ended up with out of the deal, he didn't fare that much better. A great coup by the Leigh Matthews/Gubby Allan combo :rolleyes:

Cam Wood's future grim according to his wiki page:

1nz6hl.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As did others for whatever reason (the JC look maybe?). The fact that the Dees used that #14 pick to snatch Grimes makes them the much bigger winner out of this deal.

Eh, considering we gave away a player we used pick 18 on for pick 14, and took a punt on a former no 1 draft pick, we didnt lose out completely.

Im sure Melbourne disagree entirely, but eh. He might get picked up somewhere, would laugh all the way to Bay13 if Melb got him.

Wouldn't surprise me if he moved to port. They aren't exactly bursting with ruck stocks and/or talent, and if memory serves, he's a croweater originally.

Lol I can already see kezz' reaction
patfullfankess said:
Collingwood and Port!?:eek: I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

Wouldn't surprise me if he moved to port. They aren't exactly bursting with ruck stocks and/or talent, and if memory serves, he's a croweater originally.

Port need a genuine A grade ruckman. They've got Renouf who is honest at best but still better performed than Wood. They've got youngsters in Lobbe and Redden who show a bit and they've got part timers in Westhoff and Stewart. What they are missing is someone who owns the first ruck spot right now. But I don't reckon Wood is the solution there.

Wood has always been an uncompetitive beast. It is a shame because he moves OK for a big man and has quite good skills too. But he never shows any appetite for the contest. Probably a nice way of saying that he's soft as butter.

B
As did others for whatever reason (the JC look maybe?). The fact that the Dees used that #14 pick to snatch Grimes makes them the much bigger winner out of this deal.[/quote

But he plays for Melbourne; meaning no success of any description for the whole of his career :cool:

Good to see Cam Wood getting one last roll of the dice, training with Richmond. Looks like he will be competing with Orren Stephenson for a spot.

Maybe Cam is your typical late-blooming ruckman, although he always gave me the impression he would benefit from ingesting a few angry pills. He's a pretty good size these days; hope he convinces Richmond to give him a go.

Port need a genuine A grade ruckman. They've got Renouf who is honest at best but still better performed than Wood. They've got youngsters in Lobbe and Redden who show a bit and they've got part timers in Westhoff and Stewart. What they are missing is someone who owns the first ruck spot right now. But I don't reckon Wood is the solution there.

Wood has always been an uncompetitive beast. It is a shame because he moves OK for a big man and has quite good skills too. But he never shows any appetite for the contest. Probably a nice way of saying that he's soft as butter.

they're idiots for overlooking local boy grundy then

Remove this Banner Ad

Back