Recommitted Cameron Zurhaar [Re-signed to 2024]

May 28, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks
:tearsofjoy:
I don't know why North fans are desperate to make it look like we care or should care. I've never wanted Clarko and a medium forward is waaay down the list of requirements. Both are good for North, but we don't need either. It'd be stupid to spend draft picks on a medium forward that we don't need.
Improving your list and getting the best coach in the business? Yeah can see why you must be happy to miss on both.

You only had 1 player kick more goals than Cam this year - who is still yet to hit his prime. 800k for 5 years - dodo wanted him - badly.

JayJ20

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 28, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Would be handy to have a coach to be fair
Improving your list and getting the best coach in the business? Yeah can see why you must be happy to miss on both.

You only had 1 player kick more goals than Cam this year - who is still yet to hit his prime. 800k for 5 years - dodo wanted him - badly.
I personally think Ross Lyon would be better for Essendon than Clarkson given defence has been an issue for 18 years. At least we're finally following a process to elect a coach so that's something.

I don't care what Dodoro wanted. Why would we spend probably a first rounder + a decent salary for a medium forward? Far bigger needs.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
I don't even know why Essendon chased him to begin with, just seems like they because they have a lot of cap room, they decided not to be strategic and throw around the cash at anyone they seemed 'gettable'

They got others of his type like Stringer as others have said.

May 28, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks
I don't even know why Essendon chased him to begin with, just seems like they because they have a lot of cap room, they decided not to be strategic and throw around the cash at anyone they seemed 'gettable'

Stringer is 29 next year, injury prone and doesn’t look after himself. By the time ess are playing finals again he will long gone.

Zurhaar is a big upgrade on all there other medium forwards.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Stringer is 29 next year, injury prone and doesn’t look after himself. By the time ess are playing finals again he will long gone.

Zurhaar is a big upgrade on all there other medium forwards.

Stringer could easily play for another 3 or 4 years.

They need to bolster their midfield, ruck and arguably KPF stocks (makes sense they are chasing Harry McKay)

Kangaroo Cat

Club Legend
Jun 2, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
:tearsofjoy:
I don't know why North fans are desperate to make it look like we care or should care. I've never wanted Clarko and a medium forward is waaay down the list of requirements. Both are good for North, but we don't need either. It'd be stupid to spend draft picks on a medium forward that we don't need.
We all had various essendon supporters not too long ago gloating over the fact they'd be poaching both clarko and zurhaar, i really hope I'm not the only one who sent an #AgedLikeMilk to those individuals. This is the natural conclusion

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
We all had various essendon supporters not too long ago gloating over the fact they'd be poaching both clarko and zurhaar, i really hope I'm not the only one who sent an #AgedLikeMilk to those individuals. This is the natural conclusion

To be fair, it was only a couple of Essendon supporters who did that (and every club here have that type of supporter tbh)

Most Essendon fans (and I hate defending them) seemed magnanimous about missing out on Clarko and congratulated North on getting him

Kangaroo Cat

Club Legend
Jun 2, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
To be fair, it was only a couple of Essendon supporters who did that (and every club here have that type of supporter tbh)

Most Essendon fans (and I hate defending them) seemed magnanimous about missing out on Clarko and congratulated North on getting him
I meant in person and on various forms of social media mostly, it was part of the saga of the two clubs

May 6, 2007
South East Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspurs, Melbourne Vixen

for all your chest beating, what does Cameron Zurhar do that demands paying him overs to stay? All well and good to say he is better than x, y and z but we have Perkins who will be a significantly better player than Cameron and whilst the Zurhar kicked more goals, Perkins has him covered in almost every other positive statistic for a forward.

Cameron Zurhar may be slightly ahead in some categories, SLIGHTLY ahead in some categories, Archie Perkins should end up the better player in a position we don't really need to pay overs, Carlton style for in a position we don't need.

Now remind me again what Cameron Zurhar's standout attribute is to demand overs ?

Sep 5, 2014
Hertford
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Manchester United, Stevenage FC
for all your chest beating, what does Cameron Zurhar do that demands paying him overs to stay? All well and good to say he is better than x, y and z but we have Perkins who will be a significantly better player than Cameron and whilst the Zurhar kicked more goals, Perkins has him covered in almost every other positive statistic for a forward.

Cameron Zurhar may be slightly ahead in some categories, SLIGHTLY ahead in some categories, Archie Perkins should end up the better player in a position we don't really need to pay overs, Carlton style for in a position we don't need.

Now remind me again what Cameron Zurhar's standout attribute is to demand overs ?
He kicks a lot of goals in a s**t side. Put him in a good side and he would kick a lot more.

May 28, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks

His goal average is double. Double……

We have heard this for years - all these young kids at ess that are better than everyone else’s. Perkins fell off a cliff this year and struggled to get a game in one of the worst teams in the comp. But yeah it’s off season and Perkins will be in the hall of fame - maybe even by the the end of next year.

Ess throwing 800k a year at him - either you have no idea - or the club. If it’s not you then you’re team is in massive trouble.

May 6, 2007
South East Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
His goal average is double. Double……

We have heard this for years - all these young kids at ess that are better than everyone else’s. Perkins fell off a cliff this year and struggled to get a game in one of the worst teams in the comp. But yeah it’s off season and Perkins will be in the hall of fame - maybe even by the the end of next year.

Ess throwing 800k a year at him - either you have no idea - or the club. If it’s not you then you’re team is in massive trouble.

tell me you don't watch Essendon without telling me you don't watch Essendon

More delusion from you Wilbur. You might still have a wooden spooner list but at least you've got a great coach ey

Id hazard a guess that this was the same money that Marshal conveniently asked about then re signed with St.Kilda, Zurhar conveniently asked for then re signed, now McKay seems to be asking for but will no doubt re sign.

Just managers exploiting an idiotic club sprucing how much salary cap one has to inflate there own clients price without even having a second meeting with said club. Idiots just lap up the theory it is all about Essendon when for all of Adrian Dodoro's shortcomings actually has a very good track record of getting the deals he wants, done.

I don't subscribe to whatever fanciful idea you want but I seriously doubt Essendon were ever genuinely interested in Cameron.

Kangaroos techno

Premiership Player
Feb 4, 2021
AFL Club
North Melbourne
we have Perkins who is a significantly better player than Cameron

confused jeff bridges GIF

Come on now...

The only people putting Perkins ahead of Zurhaar are essendon supporters.

May 6, 2007
South East Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams

We have actually had plenty of discussion on our board about the types of big money but under perfuming types around the AFL to absolve some of the (reported) $3m cap space we have to pay the salary cap floor. Fully expect us to be lined to the likes of Alex Sexton and Brayden Fiorini from Gold Coast as two examples

May 6, 2007
South East Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
confused jeff bridges GIF

Come on now...

The only people putting Perkins ahead of Zurhaar are essendon supporters.
As of right now everyone is putting Zurhar ahead of Perkins, not a slight on Archie at all but you ask who most would want in 3 years time and the % should flip almost identically one would think.

Sep 5, 2014
Hertford
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Manchester United, Stevenage FC
As of right now everyone is putting Zurhar ahead of Perkins, not a slight on Archie at all but you ask who most would want in 3 years time and the % should flip almost identically one would think.
When Zu is 27 and in his prime? I think we'll stick with Zu but thanks.

Back