Recommitted Cameron Zurhaar [Re-signed to 2024]

Remove this Banner Ad

Psicosis

Brownlow Medallist
May 7, 2012
Bird Rock
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I don't subscribe to whatever fanciful idea you want but I seriously doubt Essendon were ever genuinely interested in Cameron.
Michael Jordan Lol GIF

Zephyr Effekt

Club Legend
Mar 23, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
The general gist of this as far as I’m concerned is that losing Zuhaar would be more of a loss for North than a gain for Essendon (if that was the case).Heart and soul player who will probably benefit more than Larkey if we can get another big forward to play consistently

Pretty much.

He is a very good player who plays in a position that's not a priority for Essendon right now and it's not because we have players who are better or could become better going forward either.

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man City, Valencia, Lazio, Panthers
Stringer is 29 next year, injury prone and doesn’t look after himself. By the time ess are playing finals again he will long gone.

Zurhaar is a big upgrade on all there other medium forwards.
I wouldn't mind Zurhaar at the dockers. Smart for him to sign for 2 more seasons until the end of 2024. He can play under Clarkson.

Also he wins either way. He is a free agent in 2024. He can negotiate a better deal or come home and play for the Dockers.

Lookin' at freos medium forward stocks. We only have 2. Bailey Banfield who is basically a 190 cm midfielder playing on a forward flank.

And Sam Sturt who is talented but injury prone.

Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Coney Island Warriors
Has north confirmed this yet? Cleary went with it days ago..

Shouldn’t be long, Cleary went with it Friday evening but iirc said there was a couple of things to sign off on. Then you get more clicks announcing it after the weeks finals are played.

Shouldn’t be long, Cleary went with it Friday evening but iirc said there was a couple of things to sign off on. Then you get more clicks announcing it after the weeks finals are played.
Fair. Thought I’d missed it. Someone @ me or report the OP when the thread title needs updating

(Log in to remove this ad.)

why do we even want zurhaar?

id rather go for degoey, and that blokes a DH

Big offers to Rankine and Zurhaar. You are swinging and missing on everyone. We know how it feels for that to happen.

Tipping that’s just an ess problem going forward.

i think you are over playing any interest we have in those players rofl...

Apparently if you show any level of interest its a complete fail if you dont sign them huh?

I wouldn't mind Zurhaar at the dockers. Smart for him to sign for 2 more seasons until the end of 2024. He can play under Clarkson.

Also he wins either way. He is a free agent in 2024. He can negotiate a better deal or come home and play for the Dockers.

Lookin' at freos medium forward stocks. We only have 2. Bailey Banfield who is basically a 190 cm midfielder playing on a forward flank.

And Sam Sturt who is talented but injury prone.

i think you are pretty right, lock yourself into a 2 years deal to set to the next big contract. Seems to be the general play.

would be interesting to see the offers given to him though, i would very much guess that Zurhaar would have got a better offer from NM than he did from us.

May 28, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks
i think you are pretty right, lock yourself into a 2 years deal to set to the next big contract. Seems to be the general play.

would be interesting to see the offers given to him though, i would very much guess that Zurhaar would have got a better offer from NM than he did from us.
lol less to leave? You can't honestly think a player would take a pay cut to play for essendon?

lol less to leave? You can't honestly think a player would take a pay cut to play for essendon?

huh?

When did i say that?

all i said was he would have gotten a better offer from North.

i certainly did not say he would leave for a lower offer.

I dont even want Zurhaar rofl he is not worth what it would take to beat what north is offering him

Last edited:
May 28, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks
huh?

When did i say that?

all i said was he would have gotten a better offer from North.

i certainly did not say he would leave for a lower offer.

I dont even want Zurhaar rofl he is not worth what it would take to beat what north is offering him
"i would very much guess that Zurhaar would have got a better offer from NM than he did from us."

Fair enough - I took it as "better" as in more money from North.

But you're right - even if ess money was more and length of contract longer any offer to play with Clarko and the Roos is a much better offer.

"i would very much guess that Zurhaar would have got a better offer from NM than he did from us."

Fair enough - I took it as "better" as in more money from North.

But you're right - even if ess money was more and length of contract longer any offer to play with Clarko and the Roos is a much better offer.

yes, he would have 100% gotten more money from North.

Lol yeah you are over playing Clarko and North here.

North have finished wooden spooners 2 years in a row, and Clarko as good as his resume is, has frankly not done s**t for 8 years. Do you honestly think Clarkson is going to sprinkle some magic dust and turn you into a juggernaut?

Dont get me wrong, Essendon are woeful, but North are hardly a better prospect. Even the most rose tinted mofo could see that, unless you have indeed forgotten that you have 2 spoons in 2 years. i mean like you haven't beaten Essendon for like 5 years. How good do you actually think you are lol

Last edited:
May 28, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks
yes, he would have 100% gotten more money from North.

Lol yeah you are over playing Clarko and North here.

North have finished wooden spooners 2 years in a row, and Clarko as good as his resume is, has frankly not done s**t for 8 years. Do you honestly think Clarkson is going to sprinkle some magic dust and turn you into a juggernaut?

Dont get me wrong, Essendon are woeful, but North are hardly a better prospect. Even the most rose tinted mofo could see that

So back a step - a pay cut to go to ess?

You honestly making a case for ess being a better prospect after what you did to rutten and your 18 year finals win drought?

That is a fair mountain to die on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back