Recommitted Cameron Zurhaar

Remove this Banner Ad

With guys like Ziebell, Goldstein etc coming to the ends of their careers, I reckon some of the cash freed up from their contracts will go into his coffers. Throw in the fact that we're basically as low as you can legally go with TPP and I reckon we're a good chance to keep him on board.

Also seems very loyal from the outside. You see how he gives opposition players s**t on socials when Larkey tears them up ect

Also went to school with guys like Bolton and Narkle who are both in VIC I'd assume fairly good friends

If he hasn't signed mid year then both WA clubs would be keen for a forward

Hard player to judge IMO. Looked a really good prospect mid 2019 then followed it up with two years of underwhelming performances until the back end of this year it started to click again.

2 x $400k would be the max I'd be offering at this point.

He struggled up forward last year and the first half of this year mainly due to the supply of our midfield (or lack there of). In 2020 in particular our midfield was diabolical and it wasn’t any better the first half of this year. It’s know different to how Larkey has performed over the last couple of years. I’m not saying our midfield is dynamite at the moment, but it has improved and added depth. It’s amazing how much better forwards look with a midfield with some sort of cohesion and talent.

Right now I think he is worth 3 x 500k.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Would love him in purple. Would over pay. Someone we may well chase based on nothing.

Someone you could have had for nothing and was right under your nose too.

I can see him back in WA later in his career, not this contract though. Closer to 28.

Cool.
When you say right under our nose does the same go for every Victorian player that North skipped on picking up?

No. I wouldn't say this to a West Coast supporter.

He played for East Freo.

No. I wouldn't say this to a West Coast supporter.

He played for East Freo.

Equally, every VFL player that the Roos have missed that plays within a 30 minute drive of North Melbourne is someone that you equally have missed.

Or using your rationale, maybe its for any team with "Melbourne" in their name was right under the Roos noses? Sounds silly hey?

Equally, every VFL player that the Roos have missed that plays within a 30 minute drive of North Melbourne is someone that you equally have missed.

Or using your rationale, maybe its for any team with "Melbourne" in their name was right under the Roos noses? Sounds silly hey?

It does, because Melbourne is a far bigger and more crowded footy market than Fremantle.

It does, because Melbourne is a far bigger and more crowded footy market than Fremantle.

Freo isn't even aligned with the Fremantle WAFL clubs. We are aligned with Peel.

Freo has about as much of a connection to East Freo as West Coast does.

Are you aware of how many West Coast players through their history were originally East Freo players?

Freo isn't even aligned with the Fremantle WAFL clubs. We are aligned with Peel.

Are you aware of how many West Coast players through their history were originally East Freo players?

I find it hilarious when someone attempts to make a point, as if it’s clever and accurate, instead it just highlights how dumb they are.

Let’s face it. He was a gamble selection that has paid off massively. Good for North. But let’s not pretend like was a gun pre-draft and we ‘missed the lay up’.

East Freo! That did give me a chuckle. That’s like saying how could North Melbourne miss a bloke that came from North-ern Territory…they both have North in title… they must be aligned!

Numpty posters gonna numpty.

He might have been born in WA but he's not from there.
Wont be leaving the roos unless we push him out, regardless of the $$$ on offer.
He loves the club and the younger guys are creating a really strong group.
Jacob Hopper was born in NSW. Spent 2 years in Ballarat for school. Doesn’t stop media hype saying he “wants to return to Melbourne” every time he’s out of contract.

I find it hilarious when someone attempts to make a point, as if it’s clever and accurate, instead it just highlights how dumb they are.

Let’s face it. He was a gamble selection that has paid off massively. Good for North. But let’s not pretend like was a gun pre-draft and we ‘missed the lay up’.

East Freo! That did give me a chuckle. That’s like saying how could North Melbourne miss a bloke that came from North-ern Territory…they both have North in title… they must be aligned!

That’s a bit ridiculous to use Northern Territory as a comparison. Whether you’re aligned with them or not, East Freo is still in your backyard. Your recruiters had the ability to watch him train and play every week.

That’s a bit ridiculous to use Northern Territory as a comparison. Whether you’re aligned with them or not, East Freo is still in your backyard. Your recruiters had the ability to watch him train and play every week.

I still don’t think you get it. Forget the fact he was ‘in our backyard’.

He was a rookie pick 11. Which means no one thought he was any good, including North otherwise they’d have drafted him in actual draft.

The fact he has turned out to be a gun and a player I’d like in purple shouldn’t be a blight on our recruiters. It just an ignorant comment by a dumb poster.

Saying Zurhaar was right under our noses is as stupid as me saying any Victorian lad North missed was right under yours.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've never said that. I also admire your dedication in pretending that Perth/Fremantle is somehow comparable in size to Melbourne, let all alone of Australia.

I'm aware of all these things. Ben Cousins being a good example.

Anyway, I'm sure you'll give us two firsts for him when he's 28 and got a flag or two under his belt.

Peter Bell himself may do the deal.

No, you see actually Fremantle is a great metropolis of this continent, population as big as Melbourne.

Hard player to judge IMO. Looked a really good prospect mid 2019 then followed it up with two years of underwhelming performances until the back end of this year it started to click again.

2 x $400k would be the max I'd be offering at this point.

His management would rightfully mug you off.

I'd say we will be paying him quite a bit more than that.

A 23 year old general forward a few years from his peak, who was ranked only behind Stringer by CD for 75% of the season, averaged 13 touches and 2.1 goals a game for the bottom side in that period, kicking multiple goals in all but 4 games in that same period.

The only 2+ goal per game general forwards in the league this season were Toby Greene, Bayley Fritsch, Charlie Cameron and Jake Stringer, all players for top 8 sides and all arguably the best forward for all of their respective sides.

He's definitely in the group of the "next best" behind those 4, which would include Papley, Bruest, Heeney, Ryan, Weightman, Pickett and Elliott. How many of those do you think are on $400k x 2?

Last edited:
His management would rightfully mug you off.

I'd say we will be paying him quite a bit more than that.

A 23 year old general forward a few years from his peak, who was ranked only behind Stringer by CD for 75% of the season, averaged 13 touches and 2.1 goals a game for the bottom side in that period, kicking multiple goals in all but 4 games in that same period.

The only 2+ goal per game general forwards in the league this season were Toby Greene, Bayley Fritsch, Charlie Cameron and Jake Stringer, all players for top 8 sides and all arguably the best forward for all of their respective sides.

He's definitely in the group of the "next best" behind those 4, which would include Papley, Bruest, Heeney, Ryan, Weightman, Pickett and Elliott. How many of those do you think are on $400k x 2?
100% agree.
Gotta remember he had a terrible first half of the year before he got a dog and noble kicked him up the butt.
He's good for at least 40+ goals a year and you want to offer him $400k? Come on now.
Clearly he's underrated by some here but he wont be after his 2022 season.

100% agree.
Gotta remember he had a terrible first half of the year before he got a dog and noble kicked him up the butt.
He's good for at least 40+ goals a year and you want to offer him $400k? Come on now.
Clearly he's underrated by some here but he wont be after his 2022 season.

The fact he turned around that form slump the way he did is hugely impressive.

The fact he turned around that form slump the way he did is hugely impressive.

Reckon you guys are onto a winner of a coach with Noble despite winning the spoon this season. Just strikes me as a real player's coach who will leave no stone unturned to get the best out of his players

Reckon you guys are onto a winner of a coach with Noble despite winning the spoon this season. Just strikes me as a real player's coach who will leave no stone unturned to get the best out of his players

Hard agree. I reckon he got two years worth of development into half a season last year.

The turnaround after the bye from both the team - and individuals like Cam Zurhaar - was way beyond my expectations.

And I'm a sad case permanent optimist type fan.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back