Recommitted Cameron Zurhaar [Re-signed to 2024]

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd pay our first for him and that could end up being pick 9-11

Would North take that?

Is there a realistic chance of him leaving? seems one of those players that loves the club?
We would bite the hand off for that. While he will be hard to replace, we do have a few similar types in Taylor, Curtis and Ford.

Doubt he’s leaving.

We will get much better than that is he leaves. He is starting to warm up now. He would be the Dogs 2nd best forward.
Right now? Maybe. But injuries to Bruce, Weightman will do that. I’d have him ahead of Hannan and Wallis but I dare say we’d be paying those two significantly less.

Would North take that?

Is there a realistic chance of him leaving? seems one of those players that loves the club?

North would take that deal and run I would say

Would North take that?

yeh dont think hes going anywhere just trying to maximise contract value which will help pay off his newly bought house

Have always been in the minority when Zurhaar has been discussed on the Carlton board. I don't rate him anywhere nearly as highly as many others seem to.

If North can move him on and get a first round pick in return, they should be biting the hand off whoever offers it. That would be an amazing piece of business by the Roos.

He is better than weightman - injury or no injury and Bruce is about to turn 30 coming off an ACL.
Of course you’re welcome to your opinion but are you saying in a straight up trade you wouldn’t accept Weightman for Zurharr?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of course you’re welcome to your opinion but are you saying in a straight up trade you wouldn’t accept Weightman for Zurharr?
No - weightman has kicked 12 goals in 8 games - 5 V the Roos. So really he is going at a goal a game.

I also prefer players that win their own ball and not rely on tricking the umpire to get a kick.

No - weightman has kicked 12 goals in 8 games - 5 V the Roos. So really he is going at a goal a game.

I also prefer players that win their own ball and not rely on tricking the umpire to get a kick.
Zuurhar isn't a big ball winner and how does he trick umpires into getting frees? You know you've lost your argument when you have to resort to nuffie responses to justify your opinion

B
Zuurhar isn't a big ball winner and how does he trick umpires into getting frees? You know you've lost your argument when you have to resort to nuffie responses to justify your opinion

Don't really need either player at Carlton now, but if I had a choice, would take Weightman over Zurhaar.

Younger, more consistent, higher ceiling etc.

Cam averages more disposals, goals, marks, inside 50's, contested and uncontested disposals, clearances, 1%ers, score involvement, meters gained.

Basically everything except 0.1 difference in goal assists and 0.3 tackles.

I like him and hope we are asking the question, he is a crash and bash sort of guy but he also has that bit of flair.

It's a hard one to pin his value, somewhere between pick 16-25? Freo probably won't have a pick around that range and already are without a 2nd rounder for next draft, a future 2nd maybe? But to me he seems like the type of guy who would stick around at North.

Is he one of the players not happy with Noble?

Absolutely fills a need at Freo - we are currently playing Bailey Banfield as our medium forward who is a journeyman at best. The only other medium forward on the list is the very injury prone Sam Sturt. Can see us trying to secure an early second somewhere to pass on for him

No worries, I'm sure everybody agrees with this sentiment that Zurharr is better than Weightman.

I'd take Zurhaar over Weightman.

Good team helps Weightman.
I would too, but it depends on the team/need really since they are different sizes.

Weightman is the cream that will probably kick more goals and you have to put up with coping it from opposition supporters when he successfully plays for frees.

Zurhaar will give you hardness and pressure in the forwardline, with probably less goals but I recon he won't go missing in finals / big games like other smalls are prone to do.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back