News Adelaide Crows Camp Allegations and Rumors

Remove this Banner Ad

Rowey just saying he is going to ask Caro if she has been listening to Conversations the last 2 days. Interesting. She will probably mention sources that can not be disclosed.

I've never thought the camp, just the camp, destroyed the club, it's culture or impacted our results.

As in, if the best run club (or most really), with good culture and so on went on that exact same camp, there probably wouldn't have been any issue, maybe they would have even benefited from it like some of our players did.

Where the club failed players (and supporters) was putting them in the position to be ridiculed by the entire industry/media and supporters and failing to do anything about it.

When a player is asked if they've enjoyed the last few years... "no", did the camp play a part in that? "yes"... I'd be confident that they are far more angry/dissapointed/stressed/depressed whatever about things that have happened since the camp than things that happened during the few days they were there.

I've just never believed that there would be things happen at the camp that were so wrong that they destroyed people emotionally/mentally/physically but that others in the group were totally fine with and even enjoyed.

The way it played out in the media was so calculated, the way new details would be "breaking news" after a couple of losses, every personality with a 5 minute slot on tv/radio to share their opinion had something to say.

McClure had the story, he could have released his recent big comprehensive article right off the bat, not much in it was new, but why do that when you can drip it out over a year.

No need to be a dick, if you want to claim you’re superior knowledge actually explain it.
Because right now you’ve come off looking like a know all dickhead.
Ironic

I just said you used a very strange analogy.

Now go have a lie down.
No you said “you’re not sure I understand the concept.”
My comment was in regards to Johns repeated comments on McClure (And hence him living in Johns head) and I linked in him being sued.
It wasn’t a difficult statement I wouldn’t have thought.
I don’t think I’m the one who needs to lie down as you seem to be the only person who didn’t understand it and then decided to double down.

No you said “you’re not sure I understand the concept.”
My comment was in regards to Johns repeated comments on McClure (And hence him living in Johns head) and I linked in him being sued.
It wasn’t a difficult statement I wouldn’t have thought.
I don’t think I’m the one who needs to lie down as you seem to be the only person who didn’t understand it and then decided to double down.
I'm not sure he's living in anyone's head here.....

But carry on

No need to be a dick, if you want to claim you’re superior knowledge actually explain it.
Because right now you’ve come off looking like a know all dickhead.
Well, I think not responding makes sense.

You used an INCREDIBLY well known phrase but in an odd way (why the hell would anyone say McClure is living rent-free in John's head?) and made out like it was some profound comment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was absolute bullshit.

"As I understand it"... yep. fu** off Wilson you deadset hack.

Ive never been a fan of Caro. I find her journalism is only about superfluous scandalous AFL tabloid politics as opposed to having a genuine passion, love or enjoyment of the game or even understanding it for that matter.

Well, I think not responding makes sense.

You used an INCREDIBLY well known phrase but in an odd way (why the hell would anyone say McClure is living rent-free in John's head?) and made out like it was some profound comment.
Just read his comments on the subject then you’ll understand.
Obviously no one literally lives in anyone’s head so it’s just a figure of speech.
Ffs it’s not hard.

Ive never been a fan of Caro. I find her journalism is only about superfluous scandalous AFL tabloid politics as opposed to having a genuine passion, love or enjoyment of the game or even understanding it for that matter.

Same with Damien Barrett. Not sure he's seen an actual game of AFL in years

I don’t think you understand the concept.
Yes I understand the concept - you're implying indirectly that I'm obsessed with this topic.
And I implied you're also obsessed with this topic, since you seem to be always on the defense of McClure.

You jokingly added "rent-free", I then asked you "do you charge for rent?"

Prior to 3 years ago, I didn't mind Caro or McClure at all. Just felt they're a bunch of typical media journos to be honest. The fact they kept hounding on this issue made me took more notice. There are only 2 possible conclusion the more it carries on:
1. Both are humanitarians trying to pursue the golden truth of such a disastrous camp.
or
2. Both are unethical idiots spreading lame gossip as a smear campaign against us and/or clickbait.

Take your pick.

Yes I understand the concept - you're implying indirectly that I'm obsessed with this topic.
And I implied you're also obsessed with this topic, since you seem to be always on the defense of McClure.

You jokingly added "rent-free", I then asked you "do you charge for rent?"
I couldn't give a stuff about McClure, i just find it hilarious that you have a go at him saying he doesn't know what happened when you (none of us) know what happened yet.

What did he ask?

I don't know why Rowe bothered. she wasn't there and she would have to stick with her story otherwise she is setting herself up for legal action.

Her argument seems to stem more around Burton not being their. I don't think the camp was the catalyst at all. I feel Burton wasnt their because of the culture of the place and how bad it was and a lack of willingness to fix it. I believe the talking stick issue as Eddie is a genuine individual and I believe he wouldn't be upset for no reason. But what built the factions was clearly Jenkins feeding the media stories and the wags betraying confidences behind the scenes.

As for the rest of the camp issues clearly Caro and McClure just ran with rumours because they knew no one can break confidences. Several senior players have laughed off the camp and clearly i do think in the wash, Caro and McClure could be in legal trouble.

Also what's with Rowe spruiking every time the camp is mentioned that the players will do a class action. Is he an idiot? Is he that daft. Seriously. And five aa keeps him on.

On VOG-L09 using BigFooty.com mobile app

What did he ask?
Rowey asked Caro for her response to the Cornsy’s podcasts. She waffled that she is sticking by her story. Her evidence was

1) we played like crap in 2018 and beyond. Clearly Freo had a CM camp after the 2013 grand final and GWS had a CM covid camp in April and May.

2) Burton and Pyke have left the club.

Clearly she would struggle to walk and chew gum at the same time. Perhaps the Camp had little or no influence on what has happened.

Now, Rowey, we all know your AFL research means reading Bigfooty. What a jounalist would do is to list all the claims made by Caro and compared these to the different story by CM. A classic example is the endless playing of the Richmond song on the bus (as stated by Maclure). Clearly this was wrong and was confused with the playing of the Richmond song at a pre-season training session.

What a lazy and clueless interviewer would do is to ask “What do you think about the Cornsy interviews Caro?”.

Rowey asked Caro for her response to the Cornsy’s podcasts. She waffled that she is sticking by her story. Her evidence was

1) we played like crap in 2018 and beyond. Clearly Freo had a CM camp after the 2013 grand final and GWS had a CM covid camp in April and May.

2) Burton and Pyke have left the club.

Clearly she would struggle to walk and chew gum at the same time. Perhaps the Camp had little or no influence on what has happened.

Now, Rowey, we all know your AFL research means reading Bigfooty. What a jounalist would do is to list all the claims made by Caro and compared these to the different story by CM. A classic example is the endless playing of the Richmond song on the bus (as stated by Maclure). Clearly this was wrong and was confused with the playing of the Richmond song at a pre-season training session.

What a lazy and clueless interviewer would do is to ask “What do you think about the Cornsy interviews Caro?”.

Even when he did put a couple of the more ridiculous things to her, the comeback was "well they weren't my issues with the camp anyway".

The obvious follow up question is something like "CM disputed a number of other claims, what were the specific problems you had with the camp?"

There are never tough questions, never follow up questions.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back