News Adelaide Crows Camp Allegations and Rumors

Remove this Banner Ad

Let's be clear on this. I'm not denying there was a club implosion. I don't think anyone on here is denying it?

I'm only here on this thread, to point out that MClure/Wilson needs to give us fans the facts, and not the probables. That isn't the role of a journalist.
Also, what they're inciting is mere gossip and nothing to do with actual facts.

We already know the media are dirtbags.

This was about a lot more than that.

And those mistakes arose from a culture of zero accountability. Our leaders passed the blame down and couldn't accept they had any role in the downfall

Still happening to this day. Recent reports of Kelly putting our 2020 shitness on the kids is further evidence. Given he was a relatively senior player that was dropped twice in that year speaks volumes of the entitlement and high headedness that develops among players as they rise through the AFC tiers.

Anyone who wants success for our club should be annoyed that the camp fractured our playing group & coaches... otherwise you are just accepting that it is ok for our club to impode.

Again you are more concerned by thr media than the performance of our club.
One could say you’re more concerned about the camp than the GF loss that precipitated it.

Without the s**t performance the media would have had nothing.

Shut your critics up by proving them wrong - the team did not do that in that game - and the frenzy began.

Oh for sure, sporting clubs have always been looking for the holy grail in mental edge. Leading Teams was the first successful organisation in that space in the AFL.

The thing is though, had the club looked into the proposed program of the camp, it would have realised that it wasn't really an extension of the team based stuff CM had been doing at the club. If memory serves correctly, CM don't do camps per se. It was Woulfe who arranged the camp I believe, and it was based on camps he ran based around the Mankind Project.
I believe more specifically it was based on the "New Warrior Training Adventure" that the MKP run. All the stuff Sloane was talking about it making him a "better man, husband, son, brother" etc are all talking points about what that camp is supposed to do. It's based around some stuff about destroying the toxic masculinity aspects of your past self that have held you back from being the best person/man you could be or something like that.

Now that's fine and all, but the big issue with that is a lot of people are going to find it to either be garbage, or the way they go about it to be. It was a very "one sized fits all" approach, which may work when people willingly sign up for these camps and know what they're getting into. We just sent out our players on this camp without them knowing anything about it and then told 'em to STFU when they came back having issues with it.

As a consumer of news, I want to hear actual facts that relates to the article of the news.
What fact caused the disaster?

You're stating a false conclusion - "the season was a disaster, so therefore the camp news was the truth." I can think of plenty other reasons why 2018 was such a disaster.

He didn't mention anything then about 2018. You just added that from nowhere.

You can't help my delusion? What am I delusional about relating to McClure's wild claims? The club admits it could have been done better, but did not admit the camp was a disaster. You're adding false truth, and not seeking the truth.

what were these wild claims? You keep wanting facts but refuse to provide those that form the basis of your argument.

I believe more specifically it was based on the "New Warrior Training Adventure" that the MKP run. All the stuff Sloane was talking about it making him a "better man, husband, son, brother" etc are all talking points about what that camp is supposed to do.

When he said that, I remember thinking at the time “well now I know for sure that everything that happened at that camp was utter bullshit.”

It's strange how passionate you are on this.

No one claims that the camp was a success.

I think it's reasonable to also hold the view that it wasn't the explosive debacle that McClure claimed either.

It was a fu**up, which in a different circumstance a footy club would have just shrugged off and moved on from.

McClure was trying to build his reputation on an expose, and that may prove to be very naive considering Australia's defamation laws

Do you have any actual examples or is this a 'vibe' thing for you based on something you heard on 5aa?

The club admits it could have been done better, but did not admit the camp was a disaster.

Welcome to 2018.

They spent months not admitting it, then finally did.

They lied, they covered up, and they were caught out. Those chiefly involved are no longer at the club.

Doesn’t that tell you everything you need to know?

Unmitigated disaster is putting it lightly.

That's rubbish. You're practically saying any reporter can talk sh*t on your club, and if we end up bottom 4 again, then it must be all true.
You choose to not listen to the reporters, yet happy to gobble up all their sh*t talking on your club?

He clearly couldn't give a crap about the media. Our own club and its staff and players and subsequent actions have provided enough evidence to form a view regardless of anything the media have said. No different to the recent Rex situation. That you focus on the media is just typical diversion, you refuse to accept the fault of the club so blame anyone else you can point your finger at.

We weren't that old though. None of our key players were at cliff drop off age. Retired since then are Otto Dougie, Sauce and Mackay. Only Sauce a key of those and he didn't fall off a cliff until 2019 and even then believed he had 2 more in him. Most would have thought they had a least 2-3 of their best footy ahead of them.
I'm going on hindsight to be honest.

I reckon at the time I was confident we could make it again. I just think I was wrong and over estimated how good we were. (Or I'm making excuses for the club)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm going on hindsight to be honest.

I reckon at the time I was confident we could make it again. I just think I was wrong and over estimated how good we were. (Or I'm making excuses for the club)

Ultimately we won the same amount of games in 2017 as we did in 2016. We were massively overrated courtesy of our forward line going to town on the sides that our midfield beat up on. But the weaknesses of our forwards when forced to contest and defend dirty ball when our midfield only broke even had been on display during both years. We were at top 4-5 side in 2016/17 but the talk of an all-conquering juggernaut in 2017 was wildly inaccurate.

One could say you’re more concerned about the camp than the GF loss that precipitated it.

Without the sh*t performance the media would have had nothing.

Shut your critics up by proving them wrong - the team did not do that in that game - and the frenzy began.
The frenzy began that day with criticism of texs speech which is very similar to many losing speeches. Was completely unreasonable

The frenzy began that day with criticism of texs speech which is very similar to many losing speeches. Was completely unreasonable
They couldn't wait to sink the boot in to us. The whole episode was a disgrace, starting with the whole 'Richmond fairytale' BS, completely ignoring the death of our coach.

Funnily enough the WB completely collapsed in the GF, but I've heard zero criticism. Why?

I believe more specifically it was based on the "New Warrior Training Adventure" that the MKP run. All the stuff Sloane was talking about it making him a "better man, husband, son, brother" etc are all talking points about what that camp is supposed to do. It's based around some stuff about destroying the toxic masculinity aspects of your past self that have held you back from being the best person/man you could be or something like that.

Now that's fine and all, but the big issue with that is a lot of people are going to find it to either be garbage, or the way they go about it to be. It was a very "one sized fits all" approach, which may work when people willingly sign up for these camps and know what they're getting into. We just sent out our players on this camp without them knowing anything about it and then told 'em to STFU when they came back having issues with it.
Yep that's the one. Sloane even named his son after one the programs totems I believe.

And those programs make participants sign NDAs, a sort of a "what goes on camp stays on camp" thing.

Pendlebury made an even shorter one the next year and nobody even said boo about it and the media actively hosed down any attempt to bring it up.

Yes
Compare the more recent treatment of losing GF teams
Nothing like what our boys copped.

Only thing that shuts them up is the “mental health “ card which then demeans those with genuine mental health issues.

Last edited:
Mark Williams shouldve been hung drawn and quartered for his BS.
Seriously how's one go on radio and add fuel to the fire and suffer mo consequences.

They couldn't wait to sink the boot in to us. The whole episode was a disgrace, starting with the whole 'Richmond fairytale' BS, completely ignoring the death of our coach.

Funnily enough the WB completely collapsed in the GF, but I've heard zero criticism. Why?

They need to go on a camp.

Can’t remember what level of criticism GWS got in 2019 and even Geelong got belted last year given quarters were 20% shorter.

Because they came from 5th had flown all around the country were underdogs?
Aswell as recently winning a flag.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back