News Adelaide Crows Camp Allegations and Rumors

Remove this Banner Ad

All jokes aside, he really is unprofessional and lacks experience and training IMO.

Ive been shocked and somewhat surprised by his personal vendetta v the AFC.
I can’t remember if it was from himself or just some internet ramblings but distinctly remember when the first Gibbs deal didn’t go through, when Reid did that big announcement that Gibbs wanted to come to Adelaide, that McClure at that point said he’d make a point of holding Adelaide accountable for everything going forward.

I wonder how many people taking this possible legal action and Cornes article as gospel were also going batshit at the club over the camp months and months ago.

A great many of us, because there was nothing of any substance to counter it coming from either our club or CM. The fact that CM are now willing to take it to law would suggest that the information that was out there (ie these media articles) was either inaccurate or incomplete - possibly all along, or maybe there was something in the more recent articles that crossed a line and led to this action being taken.

At the very least there's a chance that, best case, it will all come out in court and be laid bare there. Alternately, the media outlets / commentators settle, which we would be able to read as a tacit adminission that they were writing bullshit. Or they call CM's bluff and CM drop the matter, in which case we can probably conclude that the articles were largely accurate.

No matter the outcome, chances are we will know significantly more about what really happened (or didn't happen) once this legal action is over.

No matter the outcome, chances are we will know significantly more about what really happened (or didn't happen) once this legal action is over.

I know there is a lot stupid things that happen at footy clubs, I struggled to comprehend some of what was being said that happened at the camp.

I said it the moment I heard some of the crap coming out, some players used it as leverage to exit the Crows or their performance post GF.

Dude - CM were talking about the camp.

Feenix mentioned Shuttleworth, the media manager, talking about preseason training.

They're literally different things. CM would have no idea what was happening during training sessions in preseason.
Dude did you even read what feenix wrote? He said shuttlesorth said they didn’t play it on the camp.

To be fair, Feenix quoted Shuttleworth and the preseason. That's nothing to do with the camp. They don't actually contradict each other.
Of course they do shuttleworth said it wasn’t played on the camp CM said it was once.
The playing of it once isn’t a big deal but you’re smart enough to realise the bigger picture.

I know there is a lot stupid things that happen at footy clubs, I struggled to comprehend some of what was being said that happened at the camp.

I said it the moment I heard some of the crap coming out, some players used it as leverage to exit the Crows or their performance post GF.
That's was always my feeling. Clearly the camp was a f***up, but equally so much that was being said sounded ridiculous and it seemed like people were using the camp as a way to put pressure on the club about other matters.

Of course they do shuttleworth said it wasn’t played on the camp CM said it was once.
The playing of it once isn’t a big deal but you’re smart enough to realise the bigger picture.
I don't think this is evidence of a massive coverup and they can't keep their stories straight, if that's what you mean?

We've gotten so many different accounts, none of them completely line up. That CM played it once at the camp and Shutts was there when it was played at PS training sounds reasonably plausible.

I don't think this is evidence of a massive coverup and they can't keep their stories straight, if that's what you mean?

We've gotten so many different accounts, none of them completely line up. That CM played it once at the camp and Shutts was there when it was played at PS training sounds reasonably plausible.
Not sure about massive but the fact they didn’t defend themselves to me speaks volumes.
Sure one or two little things you let them slide but when you are getting smashed from pillar to post surely you come out and defend the club.
To me it sounds like we (club management) didn’t exactly know what went on.
On the shutts point, what feenix says seems pretty direct to me.
It wasn’t played on the camp, now maybe he’s doing mental gymnastics in the fact that it was a Spanish song played not the actual Richmond song.
But again, if it was only played once why lie? Even if it was played 10 times why lie, and if you don’t know don’t make something up.

TBH I really only come here to find out how much hot water McClure and Caro are in nowadays.

If anyone has that update it would be much appreciated
you can listen to "conversation with Cornes" today until Friday on 5AA 3pm when he interviews Amon Wolfe. Should be interesting.

All jokes aside, he really is unprofessional and lacks experience and training IMO.

Ive been shocked and somewhat surprised by his personal vendetta v the AFC.
Has anyone ever uncovered the source of his hatred for us? He's a Carlton man so we're not really rivals. Did Tony McGuinness knock off his mum as well?

It's an irrational hatred of us. I remember him trying to peddle some bullshit on one of the shows one night and Luke Darcy of all people defended us and said he making a mountain out of a molehill and he just sat there with his mouth agape like a teenage girl who'd had her phone taken away.

Even Kane Cornes is able to see our side at times. This clown though, everything we do is a war crime and he gets petulant and sooky if anyone dares disagree.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has anyone ever uncovered the source of his hatred for us? He's a Carlton man so we're not really rivals. Did Tony McGuinness knock off his mum as well?

It's an irrational hatred of us. I remember him trying to peddle some bullshit on one of the shows one night and Luke Darcy of all people defended us and said he making a mountain out of a molehill and he just sat there with his mouth agape like a teenage girl who'd had her phone taken away.

Even Kane Cornes is able to see our side at times. This clown though, everything we do is a war crime and he gets petulant and sooky if anyone dares disagree.
Probably the same reason SOS was fixated on us. He's got a massive inferiority complex that he wears on his sleeve.

I wouldnt be at all surprised if that clown actually reads Bigfooty and also reads the Carlton board for the source of his anger.

Just seems really strange and weird. Sure Kane I can understand and even respect his hatred of us. Nothing wrong in that, thats the irony.

McClure's hatred of us is just so manufactured and reetarded to say the least. Then again the simplefolk at Carlton also have a rivalry and hatred of Clubs like Pies/Dons/Tigers, I understand one of them being fierce rivals because of geography, the rest is just absolutely fake artificially made hatred.

The irony of all their hatred is that all of Pies/Dons/Tigers and us have been more successful as a Club in the last 20 years than the Blues have.

I'm pretty sure it stems from the first approach with Gibbs. Not sure what exactly happened, but something with that pissed him off.

I think he's just an example of a petty bloke with a soapbox

I have been following his 'career' for years, and his genuine dislike for the Crows was born out of the Gibbs trade with the Blues, and all our trades with them since. His interactions with Crows supporters turned pretty personal and vitriolic, and it wouldn't help having his boss' encourage the 'outrage' engagement by posting deliberately inflammatory content for fans to click on. I don't follow any click-bait commentators on any social media platform nowadays, and it's pretty disheartening to see the good ones, who provide rich and informative content, now without jobs because their article engagement is probably down.

Must be remembered that McClure is a wee baby. He hasn't had life experience, and got his job through his dad, not through the grind. Hasn't earned his stripes.

He's not a Four Corners reporter. Hell, he would struggle reporting on the best scones at the royal show.

He got a bit carried away, and now he'll get his comeuppance. Big life lesson, and he'll be a better journalist for it.
Yeah he is terrible during the trade week build up. He peddles so many false rumours. The only reason I see for him to keep up his attack is he doesn't get the blow back he would by reporting on vic clubs in this manner by hiding in Vic.

The AFL media is too big. Too many are justifying their cushy position by being attention seeking headline grabbers hiding behind fake sources spruikong rumours when called into account.

I would love to see a study into reporting accuracy in the AFL. I would be staggered if it's anymore than 50%.

On VOG-L09 using BigFooty.com mobile app

So do we actually believe a journalist would make this whole thing completely up?
You get yourself into a career only to piss it up against a wall to derail a side/ shake some players loose?
You don’t think he would have thought, hang on there’s going to be 30 people that can contradict my make believe story.
Is that what people actually believe?
He’s either had completely bad intel (unlikely) or there’s some fishy stuff that went on or he’s completely right (unlikely)
No doubt there’s a bit of mayo around but I believe he didn’t just pull stories from thin air.

So do we actually believe a journalist would make this whole thing completely up?
You get yourself into a career only to piss it up against a wall to derail a side/ shake some players loose?
You don’t think he would have thought, hang on there’s going to be 30 people that can contradict my make believe story.
He’s either had completely bad intel (unlikely) or there’s some fishy stuff that went on or he’s completely right (unlikely)
No doubt there’s a bit of mayo around but I believe he didn’t just pull stories from thin air.
Actually I do think he made it up. Why? Because he has public opinion and rumours on his side and can hide behind sources. Already listening to the feedback on 5aa after just the first episode of conversations with cornsey, I've come to the conclusion that anything less than the admittance of 'we tied players to a tree naked, flogged them with dead fish and tied rubber bands around their balls while insulting them to the point they all cried for their mummies' alot of people are just going to call LIES

The reality I believe is there is literally nothing to see here. It was overblown as something to blame. The football media ran with it because the crows refused to comment on the camp. So everyone has it in their head something untoward went on. Some disgruntled players who got offended no doubt mouthed off from their perspective. But the minute the afl media mainly McClure tried to link in wife swapping I knew he was full of crap and I genuinely hope the crows and his employer gave him a smack for that.

On VOG-L09 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Are you kidding me ?? Journalists embellish things all of the time. There's a whole Kraft factory worth of mayo on most of his rubbish.

I have even told by someone on the camp the worst thing that happened was a truth telling session.

Destroyed team chemistry and oir subsequent seasons. But no players were psychologically harmed.

Most still in the AFL system.

It was an odd camp, staring competitions, the short bus ride with Richmond song. And yes players did have to give up their phones. Which is not unlike many school children going on a school camp.

But Caro.and McClure put.plenty of mustard on it. And I doubt there will.ever.be another negative story about the camp again....

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

If this is true, then the AFC's refusal to address the scuttlebutt and rumours and allow it to become so destructive towards the Club, is incomprehensible.

And that is why I don't believe it was as tame as is now being suggested.

If this is true, then the AFC's refusal to address the scuttlebutt and rumours and allow it to become so destructive towards the Club, is incomprehensible.

And that is why I don't believe it was as tame as is now being suggested.
Exactly right

If it all turns out that there was nothing untoward then that's actually worse.

It means our custodians are happy to sit idly by while our club is universally trashed (unfairly) and our brand is destroyed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back