News Adelaide Crows Camp Allegations and Rumors

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm sorry, but I used to have some respect for Caro as a commentator on the game

but she is full of s**t, her quote 'Nothing that I have heard has changed my views that the effects that the camp had on the footy club'
Rowey asked Caro for her response to the Cornsy’s podcasts. She waffled that she is sticking by her story. Her evidence was

1) we played like crap in 2018 and beyond. Clearly Freo had a CM camp after the 2013 grand final and GWS had a CM covid camp in April and May.

2) Burton and Pyke have left the club.

Clearly she would struggle to walk and chew gum at the same time. Perhaps the Camp had little or no influence on what has happened.

Now, Rowey, we all know your AFL research means reading Bigfooty. What a jounalist would do is to list all the claims made by Caro and compared these to the different story by CM. A classic example is the endless playing of the Richmond song on the bus (as stated by Maclure). Clearly this was wrong and was confused with the playing of the Richmond song at a pre-season training session.

What a lazy and clueless interviewer would do is to ask “What do you think about the Cornsy interviews Caro?”.
I have lost a lot of respect for Caro

Her response in that interview was basically, the played s**t after the '17 GF therefore there must be something in it.

Neither Bicks nor Rowie held her to account on that, she is running away from the explosive allegations as fast as she can now the threat of legal action is in place.

I actually think her issue was more with Burton than the camp, but she allowed herself to be caught up in the camp.

I'm sorry, but I used to have some respect for Caro as a commentator on the game

but she is full of sh*t, her quote 'Nothing that I have heard has changed my views that the effects that the camp had on the footy club'
I have lost a lot of respect for Caro

Her response in that interview was basically, the played sh*t after the '17 GF therefore there must be something in it.

Neither Bicks nor Rowie held her to account on that, she is running away from the explosive allegations as fast as she can now the threat of legal action is in place.

I actually think her issue was more with Burton than the camp, but she allowed herself to be caught up in the camp.

You started your response poorly for me. I never have had respect for Caro. You can see by some of the Melbourne peoples reactions to her over the year they don't rate her. She always comes back crying the victim when challenged. Rowey and Bicks would be reluctant (sh.t scared)to challenge her.

Interesting last episode of Conversations with Cornsey. It sounds like all was Kumbaya at the camp. They did mention the AFC did not invite them back as a follow up after the camp. It was their practice to do follow-ups. Rowey and Bicks also mentioned they had info some of the facts were not revealed and conflicted abit.

Interesting last episode of Conversations with Cornsey. It sounds like all was Kumbaya at the camp. They did mention the AFC did not invite them back as a follow up after the camp. It was their practice to do follow-ups. Rowey and Bicks also mentioned they had info some of the facts were not revealed and conflicted abit.
Rowey also said the players were adamant they didn’t want them back and Pyke brought them back and he’s not there. Sounds like the rumour around the Melbourne game was correct

Rowey also said the players were adamant they didn’t want them back and Pyke brought them back and he’s not there. Sounds like the rumour around the Melbourne game was correct
Why would the players care?

Camp was fine and anyone saying otherwise is getting sued

Rowey was adamant was he..... Well that settles it, the players wanted CM back.

I've been to my companies team building exercise events albeit not as intense as the CM camp. Weekend love in.I was glad to get out of it after a day or so. I felt good at the end of it but with time I didn't find any real improvement. Probably my weak will or something. Its not for everyone. Some of what was done on the camp from the interview sounded great.

I heard that from Rowe and Bicks. The time has come to put up or shut up. I hated them basically say collective minds lied based on conversations with players but then not reveal what they know. I don't see the point in that. If they can't comment fine, don't say anything at all that suggests there is a different version. Wastes everyone's time and just dilutes the discussion.

On VOG-L09 using BigFooty.com mobile app

I couldn't give a stuff about McClure, i just find it hilarious that you have a go at him saying he doesn't know what happened when you (none of us) know what happened yet.
You make it seem that me defending for the club I barrack for, against a media troll is...a bad thing?

I’m having a go at him (way back in 2018 even), not because I claim to be there at the camp, but because his articles have too many holes in them and no real substance/evidence the more it drags out.

Don’t want to drag out anymore conversations with you on this particular thread. Just agree to disagree and move on.

You make it seem that me defending for the club I barrack for, against a media troll is...a bad thing?

I’m having a go at him (way back in 2018 even), not because I claim to be there at the camp, but because his articles have too many holes in them and no real substance/evidence the more it drags out.

Don’t want to drag out anymore conversations with you on this particular thread. Just agree to disagree and move on.
I’m not actually saying you’re wrong.
I’m just saying you don’t know (the same as all of us).

Thankfully “As I understand it” is not a defence to defamation.

Was there any confirmation about proceedings being instituted?

Age has received a legal letter. Confirmed no proceedings initiated yet. Interesting tid bit. Caro stood by her claim that some players suffered mentally and the proof is in the pudding, ie departures. While reading out a few texts about how soft they'd gone on Caro, Rowie said along the lines that, 'why would we go hard at Caro, she didn"t make claims about what happened on the camp'. This interested me, so I read 2 of her articles and they werre full of fractured p,aying group, lost trust etc. Nothing about trees or theme songs or CM incompetence. I haven't read all her articles or heard everything she's said, but what I did read was plainly apparent from our own actions/statements.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Age has received a legal letter. Confirmed no proceedings initiated yet. Interesting tid bit. Caro stood by her claim that some players suffered mentally and the proof is in the pudding, ie departures. While reading out a few texts about how soft they'd gone on Caro, Rowie said along the lines that, 'why would we go hard at Caro, she didn"t make claims about what happened on the camp'. This interested me, so I read 2 of her articles and they we're full of fractured p,aying group, lost trust etc. Nothing about trees or theme songs or CM incompetence. I haven't read all her articles or heard everything she's said, but what I did read was plainly apparent from our own actions/statements.
Rowey doesn't go hard because he'd lose his job, it's that simple.

Age has received a legal letter. Confirmed no proceedings initiated yet. Interesting tid bit. Caro stood by her claim that some players suffered mentally and the proof is in the pudding, ie departures. While reading out a few texts about how soft they'd gone on Caro, Rowie said along the lines that, 'why would we go hard at Caro, she didn"t make claims about what happened on the camp'. This interested me, so I read 2 of her articles and they we're full of fractured p,aying group, lost trust etc. Nothing about trees or theme songs or CM incompetence. I haven't read all her articles or heard everything she's said, but what I did read was plainly apparent from our own actions/statements.
Putting pieces of the puzzle together.

One key part of the interview with creative minds was the absolute brutal opinion of the players mindset on gf day. As a result they had a massive truth telling session asking players to tell their team mates about how they let them down.

Players are almost certainly going to get offended during this process. And yeah, fractured friendships as a result. Would have been a brutal session. This would have missed the mark entirely and I would almost certainly say it's the reason they were kicked out by the players.

Rowey doesn't go hard because he'd lose his job, it's that simple.

My own reading backed that up though. I recall Choco saying we were tied naked to trees, I don't recall Caro making those types of slanderous/libellous accusations. Can you find an actual libellous accusation from Caro seeing as you reckon she made them. I bet you refuse to do it.

My own reading backed that up though. I recall Choco saying we were tied naked to trees, I don't recall Caro making those types of slanderous/libellous accusations. Can you find an actual libellous accusation from Caro seeing as you reckon she made them. I bet you refuse to do it.
I never said she did, I'm not sure where you pulled that from. She regurgitated what was said by those parties.

Age has received a legal letter. Confirmed no proceedings initiated yet. Interesting tid bit. Caro stood by her claim that some players suffered mentally and the proof is in the pudding, ie departures. While reading out a few texts about how soft they'd gone on Caro, Rowie said along the lines that, 'why would we go hard at Caro, she didn"t make claims about what happened on the camp'. This interested me, so I read 2 of her articles and they werre full of fractured p,aying group, lost trust etc. Nothing about trees or theme songs or CM incompetence. I haven't read all her articles or heard everything she's said, but what I did read was plainly apparent from our own actions/statements.
She reckons people leaving is proof of mental anguish ?? I'd suggest our unwillingness to pay over the top contracts is a larger portion of that.

She left herself open in these articles, It the comment after McClure june 20th 2020 article that I believe pissed of CM.

She reckons people leaving is proof of mental anguish ?? I'd suggest our unwillingness to pay over the top contracts is a larger portion of that.

players left, fractured playing group, Melbourne game after getting them back. In the 2 articles I read, she said no more than what our own players/staff have said. As I said, I haven't read/heard all her s**t, but what I have is mild ponderings about the bleeding obvious at worst. Now, touching dicks, naked trees etc claims are what I thought they'd be going after.

players left, fractured playing group, Melbourne game after getting them back. In the 2 articles I read, she said no more than what our own players/staff have said. As I said, I haven't read/heard all her sh*t, but what I have is mild ponderings about the bleeding obvious at worst. Now, touching dicks, naked trees etc claims are what I thought they'd be going after.
There's no doubt the club was fractured, but I don't think anyone left due to it.

Not that it makes our handling of it any better.

There's no doubt the club was fractured, but I don't think anyone left due to it.

Not that it makes our handling of it any better.

Camp is a good excuse even if not the actual reason. But how often do we get told the real reason in this industry? Gov and Lever (not on camp) won't say cash and can't say success. Getting the truth is the exception rather than the rule. So for those inclined, the camp becomes a convenient reason.

Collective Mind having Cornes defending them isn't going to give them any more credibility. After all, (as I said on AA tonight) Studley still thinks Stephen Dank was not guilty of any wrongdoing...

Putting pieces of the puzzle together.

One key part of the interview with creative minds was the absolute brutal opinion of the players mindset on gf day. As a result they had a massive truth telling session asking players to tell their team mates about how they let them down.

Players are almost certainly going to get offended during this process. And yeah, fractured friendships as a result. Would have been a brutal session. This would have missed the mark entirely and I would almost certainly say it's the reason they were kicked out by the players.

Here's the critical issue:
'players unhappy with the camp' versus 'players traumatised from the camp'.
Way from the beginning McNure and Caro were insinuating emotional trauma, a massive psychological devastation etc.

Here's my understanding of a traumatised victim (eg. war traumas, major MVAs, severe domestic violence, rape victims etc.)
- they'd often go in their shell during the impact of the trauma, functional capacity would likely decline
- they're likely to avoid conversations of their traumatic experiences
- continuing with the above point, they're much more likely to seek help through psychological sessions rather than seeking help through a journalist

Furthermore why would the players (if impacted mentally) seek aid via a journalist all the way from Victoria, and not from local SA?

She left herself open in these articles, It the comment after McClure june 20th 2020 article that I believe pissed of CM.

And isn't it interesting how only McNure and Caro are the only 2 who seem to get "all the scoop". Why are the players specifically targetting them 2 for source info? The simple explanation to me, is that they perhaps knew a few original facts, and just piled on a motherload of rumours/hypothesis masquerading as "facts", linking towards "a traumatised group" as the main narrative.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back