News Adelaide Crows Camp Allegations and Rumors

Remove this Banner Ad

What pissed the players off was confidential information being released. Those players told this information in confidence to a crow official. Wonder why crows trying to protect a few within the club...

Here's the critical issue:
'players unhappy with the camp' versus 'players traumatised from the camp'.
Way from the beginning McNure and Caro were insinuating emotional trauma, a massive psychological devastation etc.

Here's my understanding of a traumatised victim (eg. war traumas, major MVAs, severe domestic violence, rape victims etc.)
- they'd often go in their shell during the impact of the trauma, functional capacity would likely decline
- they're likely to avoid conversations of their traumatic experiences
- continuing with the above point, they're much more likely to seek help through psychological sessions rather than seeking help through a journalist

Furthermore why would the players (if impacted mentally) seek aid via a journalist all the way from Victoria, and not from local SA?
I get what you were saying. They did use sensationalist language and that's not good enough. But it is upsetting to be told some harsh truths by teammates. No doubt some got their back up

On VOG-L09 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Putting pieces of the puzzle together.

One key part of the interview with creative minds was the absolute brutal opinion of the players mindset on gf day. As a result they had a massive truth telling session asking players to tell their team mates about how they let them down.

Players are almost certainly going to get offended during this process. And yeah, fractured friendships as a result. Would have been a brutal session. This would have missed the mark entirely and I would almost certainly say it's the reason they were kicked out by the players.

This is exactly what I was told by someone at the camp.

This session destroyed trusts and team chemistry and the person who told me felt CM were amateurish in how they handled/controlled it.

The rest of the camp was pseudo science fluff. But this cut deep.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Watching The Social Dilemma doco on Netflix right now, highly recommend for anyone who uses social media frequently and have kids that do as well. Anyway, they did studies about news on Twitter and found that fake news spreads 6 times quicker than something that is true.

Just made me think of how easily the outlandish rumours spread about the camp but CM coming out has received zero traction on social media. Basically, the reason they give is that something that is true is usually way more boring than something that has been made up, it’s human nature and social media platforms absolutely feed on it.

This doco is very eye opening and will make you question your social media use.

This session destroyed trusts and team chemistry and the person who told me felt CM were amateurish in how they handled/controlled it.

I know personally, I'd be offended if I was being told I was one of the reasons we lost a gf. It would have had the opposite effect and no doubt lost the players trust. I think judging by the interview collective minds know they missed the mark.

However this is far from the mental torture camp and confidential information from the team psych being aired for team consumption some journos claim.

I personally am fine for them having that session. We cleared out the mediocre dead wood culture as a result.

Football clubs have a history of 360 feedback and similar brutally honest sessions.

This sounds like it was mismanaged or went badly, but it's pretty common.

When I saw the club statement pop up, I immediately thought "oh no, what have we done now?"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For me, when I am contemplating what to believe on this issue, one thing stands out, where are the inside whistle blowers outside of the few disgruntled players? Collective Minds and the AFC had support staff at the camp. We saw how Tex said one racist comment and there were sources from inside AFL house running to the media almost immediately. Obviously the club didn't get the result from the camp it wanted and some players left but not one single source has ever come forward to back up the rumours in the media of the camp. This is highly unusual on any issue. There is usually someone that will go public, especially for money. No one even came forward to contradict the points made in the collective minds camp interview.

On a side note, the State Government and the media owe the club a public apology. the inflammatory language that Marshall and the AFL media came out with citing the baseless rumours is unforgiveable.

Other than that, the camp should be dead and buried. time to move on.

This also confirms Don Pyke was right.

The camp was obviously a fail, but everyone who has looked at, who was in a position to make a call on it , has cleared the club of any wrongdoing.

We had some pathetic campaigners on our list, Pyke knew it , I wonder if Nick's has pulled the trigger where Pyke didn't think he had the backing of the club.

The bigger question is why didn't Pyke have the backing of the club.

This also confirms Don Pyke was right.

The camp was obviously a fail, but everyone who has looked at, who was I a position to make a call on it , has cleared the club.

We had some pathetic campaigners on our list, Pyke knew it , I wonder if Nick's has pulled the trigger where Pyke didn't think he had the backing of the club

Nah, Pyke was also a pathetic campaigner who put the blame fully on the players and got sucked into a bunch of cowboys alongside Burton in the fallout of 2017.

What we're seeing is what we knew 2-3 years ago. We went toxic.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back