News Adelaide Crows Camp Allegations and Rumors

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm surprised that any number of vampiric law firms haven't offered to neck anyone on the AFC's behalf.

The only way this bulldust will ever stop is when the AFC finally go after these media people with the same kind of vicious intent that they so commonly display.

I'm surprised that any number of vampiric law firms haven't offered to neck anyone on the AFC's behalf.

The only way this bulldust will ever stop is when the AFC finally go after these media people with the same kind of vicious intent that they so commonly display.
Lol there is no case

Half our board are lawyers.

Lol there is no case

Half our board are lawyers.
Funnily enough I don’t think that’s the case anymore.

Reckon the only lawyer we have is that bird from Optus who tried to get in as a member rep, lost, then was chairman’s picked into the role.

Wonder why that happened when we knew Optus weren’t gonna renew their sponsorship?

So what particular facts did they claim that have been proven to be false?
It's not my job as a reader to figure out the facts from the allegations. It's McClure's/Wilson's job to report it so it is clear for the readers to know the truth versus allegations.
Instead, what they've done all these years is stating some loose facts about some of the activities, stating some of the players were "very unhappy", then finishing off their masterpieces with "debacle" to ram home their point. Effectively, they stated some facts, throwing their conclusion of the event "a disaster", and hoping the readers can use their imagination to figure out the rest.

It's almost like they're co-writing a novel, instead of actual reporting..

It's not my job as a reader to figure out the facts from the allegations. It's McClure's/Wilson's job to report it so it is clear for the readers to know the truth versus allegations.
Instead, what they've done all these years is stating some loose facts about some of the activities, stating some of the players were "very unhappy", then finishing off their masterpieces with "debacle" to ram home their point. Effectively, they stated some facts, throwing their conclusion of the event "a disaster", and hoping the readers can use their imagination to figure out the rest.

It's almost like they're co-writing a novel, instead of actual reporting..
Well don’t accuse them of false reporting if you don’t know. 😆

Well we already know they've backtracked on several of their claims. So some of their presumed "facts" were just completely rubbish.
The "fact" I'm referring to is that there needed to be an objective point of reference to their conclusion of a "debacle"/"disaster" which they kept repeating ad nauseum. There needed to be facts for the general readers to agree on "yep! that camp was messed up!"
Examples: they were playing with grenades, some of the players fainted due to emotional shock, some players vomited because the scene was so shocking...anything to suggest actual shock value, and to be genuinely upset as a footy fan.

Well we already know they've backtracked on several of their claims. So some of their presumed "facts" were just completely rubbish.
The "fact" I'm referring to is that there needed to be an objective point of reference to their conclusion of a "debacle"/"disaster" which they kept repeating ad nauseum. There needed to be facts for the general readers to agree on "yep! that camp was messed up!"
Examples: they were playing with grenades, some of the players fainted due to emotional shock, some players vomited because the scene was so shocking...anything to suggest actual shock value, and to be genuinely upset as a footy fan.

shark jumped John. Row back a little

You’re dodging the question every time. You can’t point to anything that they’ve said that’s incorrect.
So what if their sources weren’t specific?
They should not report anything?

You’re dodging the question every time. You can’t point to anything that they’ve said that’s incorrect.
So what if their sources weren’t specific?
They should not report anything?
I'm going to make an analogy for you to understand my point, stay with me..

If I report a preseason camp for 2022 involving physical training to get the edge over teams, and I conclude that "camp was a total disaster"!
Then I proceed to tell you:
- players were running around naked with only their socks and sandals
- they had to do 100 star jumps while talking trash to one another
- some were alledgedly profusely sweating, some lost nearly 10 kilos, and some had diarrhea by the end of the sessions.

Are you going to be happy with my reporting? Or would you like to know more?

I'm going to make an analogy for you to understand my point, stay with me..

If I report a preseason camp for 2022 involving physical training to get the edge over teams, and I conclude that "camp was a total disaster"!
Then I proceed to tell you:
- players were running around naked with only their socks and sandals
- they had to do 100 star jumps while talking trash to one another
- some were alledgedly profusely sweating, some lost nearly 10 kilos, and some had diarrhea by the end of the sessions.

Are you going to be happy with my reporting? Or would you like to know more?
I’m going to assume you are familiar with the 5 D’s of dodgeball.
How about just answering the simple questions John.
What you’ve written above is about as relevant as Land Rights for Gay Whales.

I’m going to assume you are familiar with the 5 D’s of dodgeball.
How about just answering the simple questions John.
What you’ve written above is about as relevant as Land Rights for Gay Whales.
The point being, whatever facts were given by them, doesn't mean anything unless the players actually felt a negative impact. And as far as fact goes, there has been no players who made any official complaint to the AFL/AFLPA/Worksafe SA. Also fact, no player needed time off immediately after the camp, and no players sought to be free of the club apart from McGovern by the end of 2018 (you'd expect a lot more would want to leave if the club environment was so tormenting). The facts don't stack up to anywhere near what was reported.

The point being, whatever facts were given by them, doesn't mean anything unless the players actually felt a negative impact. And as far as fact goes, there has been no players who made any official complaint to the AFL/AFLPA/Worksafe SA. Also fact, no player needed time off immediately after the camp, and no players sought to be free of the club apart from McGovern by the end of 2018 (you'd expect a lot more would want to leave if the club environment was so tormenting). The facts don't stack up to anywhere near what was reported.
I guess they’ll have the pants sued off them then.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now who has their "facts" wrong...

Not to mention framing your argument in very specific terms. What about the numerous quotes from players since the camp? What about the findings of the Dunstall review? What about the player revolt prior to the Alice Springs Melbourne game in 2018?

All facts Dr John... all facts :)

Fair to say that unless things being tied naked to trees etc is ok with Safework , there have indeed been falsehoods reported

That wasn’t reported by the two journalists.
That was mark Williams.
Wilson reported what Mark Williams said on air on the radio

I can’t go on radio and say something about someone with no consequences

The inference in all those articles was made that players were distraught. No facts were given - anonymous “sources “ - In other words,gossip.

And journalists have a responsibility to ensure they have the facts, not gossip reported as facts.

Last edited:
Wilson reported what Mark Williams said on air on the radio

I can’t go on radio and say something about someone with no consequences

The inference in all those articles was made that players were distraught. No facts were given - anonymous “sources “ - In other words,gossip.

And journalists have a responsibility to ensure they have the facts, not gossip reported as facts.
Williams retracted his comment the next day. McClures article in June 2020 was very factual. There was a lot of allegedly and sources and reportedly in some of his previous work though.

Williams retracted his comment the next day. McClures article in June 2020 was very factual. There was a lot of allegedly and sources and reportedly in some of his previous work though.
Bell

unring

“Episodes of childhood trauma, relationships with partners and incidents of domestic abuse were among the subjects referenced as players tried to crawl across the mud.”

Which players? He failed to attribute this to one single player.

I seem to recall something about a good teammate should be willing to let other players screw the significant other, but can't find a reference.
Bell

unring

“Episodes of childhood trauma, relationships with partners and incidents of domestic abuse were among the subjects referenced as players tried to crawl across the mud.”

Which players? He failed to attribute this to one single player.

On SM-A115F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I seem to recall something about a good teammate should be willing to let other players screw the significant other, but can't find a reference.

On SM-A115F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Something like that was confirmed as being said, but it wasn’t that bad in context. Something like the bonds should be so strong that if something like that happened then it shouldn’t be a terminal problem between the teammates.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back