Remove this Banner Ad

James_

Senior List
Apr 11, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool
With the signing May, we’ve now got a whole bunch of them, don’t we?
Viney, Oliver, May, VDB, even Melksham is a mouthy prick. I love it.
We’ve come a long way from the days of bruise free footy and Morton running away from Lade.
The great teams of the past were tough and a bunch of campaigners. Not necessarily snipers but just tough to play against and always making the opposition second guess if you’re about to be flattened.
What a change. What a turnaround. Bring on 2019.

Last edited:

Frosty, Lord Nev and Sahhhhlem love it too.

It feels simultaneously great, exciting and unusual to support an MFC team with a bit of mongrel.

What's the opposite of shame? Because that's what I'm feeling now.

Let's just say...less shame.

Lever plays angry aswell as Spargo.
I want teams to get that drop in the pit of their stomach other teams used to get playing my country footy side. Genuinely got us 3 or 4 goals a week when the opposition wasn't prepared to get hurt for the footy.

Oh s**t, you already said spargo.

He has the cold eyes of a serial killer. Love the kid

"Welcome to gameday, today you are playing against Jack, Steven, Aaron, Braydon, Mick, James, Jake, Ollie and he we call Lord - unfortunately you will be hurt"

Dont underestimate Nibbler that cheeky campaigner was giving more lip to oppo players in septemeber than anyone

Giving lip and toughness are two different things, particularly these days when any player can mouth off knowing the other player will get weeks if they do anything about it.

Giving lip and toughness are two different things, particularly these days when any player can mouth off knowing the other player will get weeks if they do anything about it.

I remember when the commentators were talking about how tough Bont was for getting in the face of mumford in the prelim couple years back. If it was any era previous to 2010 Bont would be dead.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully we pick up Bugg as a rookie.
Lewis is good for a few solid hits too.

Would love to see May kill Hogan in 2019.
Yep, this is the match up of the season for me. May on Hogan. I think May will be keen to show that we got the better end of the trade. Anything less than serious maiming and I'll be disappointed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back