Injury Campbell Heath

Remove this Banner Ad

Bugger. Not what we need, another injury but more importantly very disappointing for him.

Hasn't he already had an ACL injury?

Bugger. Not what we need, another injury but more importantly very disappointing for him.

Hasn't he already had an ACL injury?

Not 100% sure, but think he has. Could be the reason why has opted for the LARS surgery.

More players seem to be opting for the Lars surgery after a couple of successful results. We may find out a lot more about Lars in the next few years regarding success rate. Probably on par with traditional ligament surgery anyway.

There is so much pressure as a footballer on the fringes to get back as quick as possible or their careers could be over. Probably no pressure from the club but that inward own pressure you feel as you fight for a spot. Hope that it is a success for him and that he is ready for some game time later in the year.

http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8202808

This is a damn shame for him. He should be able to get some good support from Malceski and the people who have been through it before (LARS recovery that is) and get back to pushing for selection.

One interesting point I have heard is LARS is designed more for the older player looking to salvage the last few years and not generally appropriate for younger players like Campbell. I have no idea about the specifics, something about the longevity of the materials or something (as opposed to the natural traditional recovery). Hope he isn't taking too much of a punt opting for the LARS and not traditional approach, hate to see him pay for it later on in his career. Good luck to him. Look foward to seeing him make a triumphant return.

http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8202808

This is a damn shame for him. He should be able to get some good support from Malceski and the people who have been through it before (LARS recovery that is) and get back to pushing for selection.

One interesting point I have heard is LARS is designed more for the older player looking to salvage the last few years and not generally appropriate for younger players like Campbell. I have no idea about the specifics, something about the longevity of the materials or something (as opposed to the natural traditional recovery). Hope he isn't taking too much of a punt opting for the LARS and not traditional approach, hate to see him pay for it later on in his career. Good luck to him. Look foward to seeing him make a triumphant return.

well if you're younger you'll heal quicker and more effectively, so using your own ligaments would probably be the way to go... if you're older, an ACL injury would take alot longer to heal, and perhaps may not heal as well as a younger person... in saying that, the fact that Heath injured the same knee it may be a case of the ligaments not taking too well, so LARS may be the better option, whether the synthetic material they use will hold up to the rigors of a 10 year AFL career is another question, i think there's some way to go before we discover the limitations of LARS

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Best wishes to young Campbell, was watching him with interest and fell really disappointed for him.

On a brighter night, we had a player at the mighty Swan Districts (WAFL), Brett Robinson, do his knee early in the season, last season. He opted for the LARS method, played the last 2-3 games and played in our successful grand final team. :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back