Current Campers kidnapped and assaulted Salt Creek SA - * ROMAN HEINZE CONVICTED

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 19, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Unlikely that it will be anything other than guilty given he didn't submit a defense argument.

Just a question, is a suppression order lifted automatically once the trial is over? I can' quite work out why there would be a suppression order in this case.

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
Unlikely that it will be anything other than guilty given he didn't submit a defense argument.

Just a question, is a suppression order lifted automatically once the trial is over? I can' quite work out why there would be a suppression order in this case.

I was going to ask the same, do we know why the suppression order was placed?
I think there is even a suppression on that.

I think it will be lifted but if there is more interstate/intrastate charges the courts may decide prejudice. Not really sure that can fly though.

Mar 21, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
So the assumption is that there may be other serious charges pending elsewhere?
We shall find out. The usual premise from psychologists and police standpoint is someone doesn't go full blown like this event seemed.

Aug 19, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
That is one very odd element of this case, someone with no priors doing something so extreme especially as it seems that it was premeditated.

Unless he just lost the plot after a marriage breakup or something, but even then seems very odd.

Mar 21, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
Prosecutor Sarah Attar, who described the case material as “voluminous”, said the suppression orders were in the “interests of the proper administration of justice”.

Authorities have previously revealed major case developments in court against the man but those details are also subject to one of the most restrictive suppression orders in recent legal history.

You know suppression orders are getting ridiculous when the prosecution asks for even pixellated images of the accused to be banned permanently (try to control twitter and facebook you numpty just try it) the Deputy Opposition Leader says SA has become the laughing stock of the country and Victims’ Rights Commissioner said the increase was “curious”.
22/2/2016
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...k=45dcd3659976238be70fb6cb08281a72-1490146905

There is an article saying he was looking for a wife on dating sites but I can't find one without a paywall.

If he didn't have priors, pretty sure he was about to. His facebook profile pic was posing with a gun and police seized documents detailing his previous trips to Salt Creek.

"His name will remain suppressed at least until committal proceedings are finalised but I don't think its appropriate to detail this person's criminal history," Acting Asst Commissioner Barr added.

7 News revealed yesterday that the suspect was already in police sights as detectives had already raided his southern suburbs home several times in the past year seizing items of interest."
(Cops set the dogs on him once)

If for some reason you can't get into the article, I'll copy and paste it. Apologies if I'm repeating, just trying to catch up with it. Details of his search for an Asian wife are in here.
https://au.news.yahoo.com/sa/a/3078...national-park-in-south-australian-bush/#page1

If he didn't have priors, pretty sure he was about to. His facebook profile pic was posing with a gun and police seized documents detailing his previous trips to Salt Creek.

"His name will remain suppressed at least until committal proceedings are finalised but I don't think its appropriate to detail this person's criminal history," Acting Asst Commissioner Barr added.

7 News revealed yesterday that the suspect was already in police sights as detectives had already raided his southern suburbs home several times in the past year seizing items of interest."
(Cops set the dogs on him once)

If for some reason you can't get into the article, I'll copy and paste it. Apologies if I'm repeating, just trying to catch up with it. Details of his search for an Asian wife are in here.
https://au.news.yahoo.com/sa/a/3078...national-park-in-south-australian-bush/#page1

So he was already known to police before this incident and SA police are probably investigating other unsolved cases...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So he was already known to police before this incident and SA police are probably investigating other unsolved cases...

Yes, raided several times in the past year so he might be on bail. Raiding a person constantly and getting nothing is harassment, lucky to get a warrant for the second so I'm thinking .. he's big trouble. I'm in that article now so I've pasted it here. It's curious why they took the dogs with them, he must have history. imo.

VIDEO inside the accused coorong kidnapper's adelaide bedroom
It comes after pictures emerged of the bedroom of the man suspected of trying to kill the two girls in a remote South Australian national park near Salt Creek on Tuesday night.

The pictures come as the newly set up Taskforce Coorong updated the public on its investigation so far.

AI-BED-SA-.jpg

Inside the bedroom of the alleged attacker. Photo: 7 News
Acting Asst Commissioner Douglas Barr told media: "About 45,000 cases reported in Australia every year, we will be looking at all outstanding missing persons.

"Every outstanding case will be looked into. These two women have been subject to a horrifying incident."

The acting commissioner said that the 'terrifying incident' had shocked the community and he understood there were lots of questions that the police are unable to answer at this time.

"Speculation is rife in the community and the press, and rightly so.

"It's prudent, if nothing else, to invest the background of this offender. The man is before the courts with a serious offence and is entitled to the presumption of innocence.

ARTICLE-IMAGE-SA-POLICE-OFFICER.jpg

Acting Assistant Commissioner Doug Barr spoke to the media on Friday afternoon. Photo: 7 News

7 News revealed yesterday that the suspect was already in police sights as detectives had already raided his southern suburbs home several times in the past year seizing items of interest.

The accused man and his elderly father live in Morphett Vale. Late on Thursday afternoon his family reacted to the arrest.

Salt_lake_art4.jpg

The suspect's father reacted to the arrest saying it was 'unexpected'. Photo: 7 News
“That's horrible, unexpected,” said the accused’s father.

His ex-wife said: “But he's never put hands on family. At least not on me or the kids you know.”

Salt_lake_art5.jpg

The suspect's home in Morphett Vale where he lived with his elderly father. Photo: 7 News
When residents saw last night's chilling report on 7 News they immediately knew the man police arrested was their neighbour.

“The age, description, the car, he goes away a lot, when they said it was Morphett Vale…my heart sank,” one woman said.

“It's just unbelievable really, shock, feeling of sickness… I did call the police cause I had concerns he was a neighbour and then it obviously unraveled and he was,” another woman said.

“We don't know if he was watching our kids, we've got no idea, that's what's scary about the whole thing.”

This week SA Police announced the formation of Task Force Coorong to investigate the Salt Creek incident and to find out whether the suspect has been involved in any other crimes.

Acting Superintendent Trent Cox said a dedicated team comprising of 12 investigators and intelligence officers had been created.

“It is difficult for police to detail some matters at this time given the arrest of a man, and the legal constraints that brings,” Superintendent Cox said.

“However, I would like to assure the public that at this time police are not seeking any other suspect in connection with this matter, but are following every avenue of inquiry.

Neighbours claim police have visited the home several times over the past year.

“There's a lot of cop activity at that house, coming and going, he ran up the alley-way one night, had the dogs chasing him, I've seen evidence being taken with computers and stuff,” a woman said.

They said the man is a loner, cleans his boat and keeps to himself.

“Seems like a normal bloke and then you see that on the news and it's pretty scary, knowing there's kids in the street, it's just out of the blue,” one young man said.

“He just looked creepy, something about him… He's been there about 12 months, I know his father, been over there for a BBQ, so it's just disbelief,” a man said.

“I don't like walking past him when he's out the front, he stares, he just doesn't say anything,” one of the women said.

Salt_lake_art1.jpg

Locals described the man as a loner who cleaned his boat, pictured, and kept to himself. Photo: 7 news
One of the two women rescued from the terrifying alleged abduction ordeal on the isolated South Australian beach has been released from hospital.

The identities of the alleged victims cannot be published for legal reasons, however, 7 News can reveal one is a 23-year-old nurse from Brazil.

The other woman, also believed to be aged in her 20s is believed to be from Germany. She remains in hospital.

Both the girls were travelling from Adelaide to Melbourne with the man charged with kidnapping and attempted murder.

A group of about 12 locals managed to find and rescue the young women after fishermen saw one running from sand dunes, naked, bleeding and crying for help.

They were flown to the Flinders Medical Centre with serious injuries after being taken to the Salt Creek Road House.

One is believed to have been hit in the head with a hammer while another was run over with a vehicle.

Dramatic amateur video showed the moment police arrested the man now accused of inflicting the terrifying ordeal upon the two travellers.

The 59-year-old man has been refused bail and is scheduled to appear in court again in April.

His Facebook page shows him posing with a gun, and documents other trips to Salt Creek.

He operates several Facebook pages and has an online profile with a dating site seeking a new Asian wife, where he says he is “respectful to women and gets along with everyone, well almost.”

The rescue of the backpackers

Four fishermen raised the alarm after spotting one of the female backpackers running from the dunes, begging for help.

One of the fishermen said she did not appear to know what was happening.

“She ran straight to the car yelling,” Abdul-Karim Mohammed said.

“She opened the back door, jumped straight in and like, ‘get me out of here, get me out of here. He’s going to kill us all’.

“She had some scratches and that on the legs, looked like she’d been pulled around, dragged around and that.

“She had a bruised eye; maybe would have punched her or something.”

Fearing for the woman’s friend, the fishermen got an S.O.S to the Salt Creek Roadhouse.

Owner Adam Stewart took the call and rushed to help.

“The young guys were pretty scared so they wanted to get out of there, but we got them to go back in and, with that, they've seen the vehicle and sweet talked him into basically getting in there and rescuing the girl,” Mr Stewart said.

Rescuers then found the second backpacker, barely conscious and unable to speak.

Police would not reveal the backpacker’s injuries but 7 News understands at least one had been tied up.

At one stage they helped each other escape but it was short lived.

“Her and her friend split up, started running different directions,” Mr Mohammed said.

“I think it was to get him, you know what I mean, and she got away.

“Looks like he captured them again and unfortunately she was the one who sustained the serious injuries.”

Mr Stewart said the women “were in pretty bad shape”. The shock of the scene also affected the rescuers and police officers.

“We’re all pretty rattled, obviously. It’s a heavy event at any level,” Mr Stewart said.

“Even the police were rattled by it at a very high level.”

kidnap_fb2_638.jpg

Photos posted to the accused's Facebook page show previous trips to remote South Australian beaches. Photo: Facebook
Crime scene investigation officers spent Wednesday and Thursday scouring the beach and searching the scene.

A campsite was found a kilometre away from where the first woman was found. A fishing knife and a hook were among the items left behind.

It is believed the pair met the man on Tuesday and they were travelling interstate.

Police are now investigating if the man could be involved in any other crimes.

There were a dozen people from the small Salt Creek community involved in the rescue.

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
Crow, there's even suppression orders on how the girls met this guy. I know how he met the girls, via the internet and there's absolutely no reason for supressing which site it was unless it's to protect business interests. This is so oppositional to our open court system, big business intefering at every turn.
No there is no suppression on the Gumtree ads here

Crow, there's even suppression orders on how the girls met this guy. I know how he met the girls, via the internet and there's absolutely no reason for supressing which site it was unless it's to protect business interests. This is so oppositional to our open court system, big business intefering at every turn.

That's interesting, most of us know which internet site they used. The media released a few details about this case from day 1 but obviously now different story.

So today was the last day of this case?

Mar 21, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
To be fair that's Feb 11.

Interesting snippet from that article though which is relevant to the other thread is '' he camped there 3 weeks previously'' ie he scouted/knew the area and the possibilities. Didn't even use a GPS ;)

Yes but even if the order was lifted for whatever reason and many of them don't even have a expiry date, still looks suspicious to me as why it was applied for in the first place. Goes to arbitrarily raised suppression orders imo.

Very interesting snippet Crow ....

I have a theory, a suppression order for a permanent ban on even pixellated images of the Salt Creek attacker could be ass covering. This guy imho is a better fit for the servo picture of Joanne Lees attacker than Bradley Murdoch is, he also has a "western style revolver" and lived in the NT.

Mar 21, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
I have a theory, a suppression order for a permanent ban on even pixellated images of the Salt Creek attacker could be ass covering. This guy imho is a better fit for the servo picture of Joanne Lees attacker than Bradley Murdoch is, he also has a "western style revolver" and lived in the NT.
Shall check this out. Would seriously make waves. Wasnt there DNA?

I never felt that Bradley Murdoch was guilty even if he was likely not a do gooding volunteer devoting his time to Little Athletics with a bunch of 'good bloke' awards on his walls, nor did I think Joanne Lees was lying. Lacking any other fit or explanation, happy to think my vibe was off and the system got it right. Maybe not.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back