Can’t drop Jacobs for this year now.

mick500

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 17, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
This thread is almost as good as the "Who owes Sauce an apology?" thread from last year when he played his first good game in a year.
Or like the other 1 where everyone says Hartigan beat Robbie gray 1 time where we won by 40 or so anyway, so he now gets instantly picked. Hate to say it but crows members don’t know much about footy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Vhaluus

Brownlow Medallist
May 13, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Or like the other 1 where everyone says Hartigan beat Robbie gray 1 time where we won by 40 or so anyway, so he now gets instantly picked. Hate to say it but crows members don’t know much about footy.
You're certainly compelling evidence that a certain subset of it sure doesn't.

Weren't you one of the ones convinced Gibbs would be huge for our club too?

Footypie32

especias secreto
Sep 5, 2011
Nestled in Suzie Wilks' rack
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
SA Spurs, Mt Buller Demons
I actually think this might be a case of put up or shut up from Pyke.

I suspect Sauce has been whinging in Don's ear all season about getting back into the side and Don has finally decided to give him enough rope.

Crows I Am

All Australian
Jul 12, 2006
Adelaide S.A
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
North Adelaide
Stepped right back in and 24 hot outs to 10. O’Brien doesn’t do that. Jacobs being under sold by our own members . Sad.

Thoughts?
Are you the same poster who started the thread bagging out ROB after 1 game earlier in the year saying we should delist him? Still not a fan of ROB i'm guessing??

Jacobs is well past his prime now, can still hold his own against 2nd string ruckmen like Hickey but ROB has well and truly gone past him now in just his 20 odd games he has played. ROB still has plenty of improvement to go but he is already a top 10 ruckman in the league and will keep getting better the more he plays.

the universal

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 20, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide

I suspect Sauce has been whinging in Don's ear all season about getting back into the side and Don has finally decided to give him enough rope.
Gifting a game to a senior player because he had been whinging all season would be an awful, awful look.

jackster83

#sackburton
Jul 31, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sin City Swamprats, Dethklok

My theory is our inside mids have been blaming ROB for their poor performances in their post game reviews.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mr_Moogle

Brownlow Medallist
May 29, 2011
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt
You really shouldn't be criticising others knowledge of footy given you just sharted out one of the dumbest threads we've had all year.

Vhaluus

Brownlow Medallist
May 13, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
My theory is our inside mids have been blaming ROB for their poor performances in their post game reviews.
If so expect us to lose Rob. If he's not part of the boys club and the players are actively blaming him he has to get out ASAP to make a successful career.

FR0GGY

Press the button
Oct 9, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
This must be a really quiet thread for mick considering he ignores (and announces it to) whomever disagrees with him

How’s that “worst ruckman ever to play afl ROB” going?
Well there’s two different ingnore lists, “ignore” then actually ignore list.

triggyscrewedus

Debutant
Sep 2, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Only need to look at the footage of Hickey taking an uncontested mark 20 mtrs from goal with sauce standing behind watching him mark it.. lucky he missed the shot on goal.
ROB would've given his all to get to the contest and that is the difference.
Jacobs is a pathetic contested mark and will be a joke as a "resting" forward.

ltdamn

Club Legend
Nov 29, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg, Seahawks, Mariners, Celtic
I'm fine to have both if it means we don't have Jenkins in the side because one of them goes forward, even just to create a ******* contest and some space for Fogarty to lead into while Tex does whatever the fu** it is that he is supposed to be doing this week.

Top Bottom