Can’t wait for Round 22

Sep 14, 2005
AFL Club
Collingwood
Can we fast forward to August 17th? This is the round that will decide the top 4.

Brisbane v Geelong at the GABBA up first, which will decide the minor premiership.

Then Adelaide v Collingwood at Adelaide Oval, which could decide Adelaide’s top 8 position and Collingwood’s top 4 prospects, depending on the result of the other games.

First up on Sunday is Richmond v WCE at the ‘G which could all but lock Richmond’s position in the top 4 and could give WCE the minor premiership/home Qualifying Final.

Last one is GWS v Doggies at Giants stadium, similar to the Pies v Crows, important in deciding the make up for the top 4 and final 8, depending on other results.

This is the round that, come Sunday night, will give everyone surety about how the first week of finals will look.

Jul 12, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Eagles, Lakers, Bayern, Trojans
I can't wait for our next three games honestly, give Carlton a good hiding then start finals footy early!
Not sure about that. If they get a few players back next week they could be a chance, especially if Richmond expect an easy game

Oct 3, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Perth
Richmond V West Coast is the standout blockbuster of the year. Unfortunately as it’s not between two Vic sides it won’t get the pump up and media attention it should.
Arguably the two best sides in the comp and the top of their game going head to head in a pre finals hitout. 36 rounds since they last met which is staggering when both sides are up and about.

Apr 30, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Richmond V West Coast is the standout blockbuster of the year. Unfortunately as it’s not between two Vic sides it won’t get the pump up and media attention it should.
Arguably the two best sides in the comp and the top of their game going head to head in a pre finals hitout. 36 rounds since they last met which is staggering when both sides are up and about.
I reckon it will.

Apr 25, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
stirling senators
Round 22 Geelong v Brisbane
Round 22 Richmond v Eagles
Round 23 Richmond v Brisbane.
All important games but I don't really know what they will mean .If Geelong win v Brisbane and are garanteed top spot Richmond might want to finish fourth to avoid playing either the Eagles or Brisbane away from Melbourne

Last edited:

sprockets

Cancelled
Crime Board Sleuth BeanCoiNFT Investor
Oct 15, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
If your WA media don't go all out to hype this match you should write to them and complain. You know how to complain don't you? Oops, forgot you're a Weagles supporter, of course you do.

Sep 13, 2015
Hillary Step
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
76ers
We played you at the G in R3 2017. Since then, both teams have won a premiership, played 65 games, and without looking at W-L records been the two best performed teams. We've met each other once, in a Sunday 4.40 game.
The two play entirely contrasting styles, but with one thing in common in talent spread across the field, in particular key position players.

The AFL have cost themselves a potentially amazing mini-rivalry through inept fixturing

Oct 3, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Perth
We played you at the G in R3 2017. Since then, both teams have won a premiership, played 65 games, and without looking at W-L records been the two best performed teams. We've met each other once, in a Sunday 4.40 game.
The two play entirely contrasting styles, but with one thing in common in talent spread across the field, in particular key position players.

The AFL have cost themselves a potentially amazing mini-rivalry through inept fixturing

What sort of crowd do you think this game will pull? I reckon the Eagles will have 8-12k supporters there.

Sep 13, 2015
Hillary Step
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
76ers
It's the only game I'm worried about from our POV. Can't wait.
I'm really intrigued to see how we go against your forward line without Rance. I think it is a massive, massive risk to play him in finals - there's so much that can go wrong and it's not just to do with him getting injured. But if it pays off he gives us a little bit more.
Your forward line is the ultimate test in my view, how our defence goes against it will go a long way to deciding whether or not Rance plays a part in September (if fit, of course).

Sep 13, 2015
Hillary Step
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
76ers
What sort of crowd do you think this game will pull? I reckon the Eagles will have 8-12k supporters there.
Honestly have no idea. I can't think of a comparable game we've played in recent memory. Our crowds against travelling sides are typically lacklustre - around the 40k mark, think our biggest was 58k against Sydney. But it'll be by far the most important home and away game we've played against a travelling team (to pick a really specific subset). I'd be hoping for 60k+? Especially if it's a nice day and plenty of theatregoers come along.

Apr 30, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
I'm really intrigued to see how we go against your forward line without Rance. I think it is a massive, massive risk to play him in finals - there's so much that can go wrong and it's not just to do with him getting injured. But if it pays off he gives us a little bit more.
Your forward line is the ultimate test in my view, how our defence goes against it will go a long way to deciding whether or not Rance plays a part in September (if fit, of course).
There's no way Rance should come back in 2019. It's a risk to him personally, and a risk to Richmond's cohesion, regardless what happens in Rd22. IMO.

Jul 12, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Eagles, Lakers, Bayern, Trojans
As if Richmond vs West Coast isn’t the 3:20 FTA game
Probably has something to do with number of fox/ch 7 games for the teams + WC prefer earlier game as it means can travel home earlier. WC wouldn't have flown out tonight until 8.45pm AEST where as if they played the earlier game they fly out around 6pm

Sep 14, 2005
AFL Club
Collingwood
Probably has something to do with number of fox/ch 7 games for the teams + WC prefer earlier game as it means can travel home earlier. WC wouldn't have flown out tonight until 8.45pm AEST where as if they played the earlier game they fly out around 6pm
If there isn’t a H&A fixture between these two sides in 2020 I’ll lose my mind. A rivalry the competition is missing out on due to the AFL’s incompetence.

it won’t get the pump up and media attention it should

It'll get a fair share of media attention, but because it's stuck in arguably the most boring and hidden timeslot it won't be seen or heard of on game day as much as it should

I said in another thread regarding the fixturing that the last month should be floating to ensure that blockbuster matches like this, as well as the Lions vs Cats match are played in prime time and not hidden away

Back