Can Adelaide still make it? | Page 4 | BigFooty

Can Adelaide still make it?

Discussion in 'AFL - The Australian Football League' started by RobbieGray17, Jun 16, 2018.

1. coryne

coryne Norm Smith Medallist

Carlton
    Yeah it is always a balance between building form for the next year and getting players ready health wise. (Yes i know the irony of a Carlton supposer talking on this issue .....).

One thing that you will need to look at is who's picks you will have in the draft. (at this stage anyway) You will have Adelaide's and Melbourne's 1st rd picks and Carlton's second (but not your own) so currently it would be #8, #15 and #19. While dropping down the ladder will "help" improve your 1st and 3rd rd picks what you also need to do is hope that Carlton stay low and Melbourne choke in the finals to push their pick down further too.

Now what Carlton supporters are hoping for is that Adelaide and the Bulldogs continue their slides, and we pull a miracle and move up the ladder a bit to close the gap between the 2nd rd pick we traded abd those we recieved...... (I know, but I can dream .......)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2. ep2006

ep2006 BigFooty Pessimist

West Coast
    They can but they wont win the flag, considering how good the draft this year seems to be and with Sloane and lesser Gov likely to request trades, not the worst idea for them to tank and hoard decent draft picks.

3. Juddernaut08

Juddernaut08 Premiership Player

Carlton
    The Crows would do well to on-trade their picks to bring more senior players in for a tilt at the flag IMO.

They've dealt with injuries this year and they can "do a West Coast" by taking a dip this year, and firing back up. Get in a few mature guns and have a last tilt.

They've already gone semi-all in by trading 2 first rounders for Gibbs, may as well go full in, not just the tip.

4. Toump Ass

Toump Ass Premium Platinum

Melbourne
    Would be a shame to not see POWERSTANCE!!! light up the G in September.

captain cotch 9 and Heaps of fun like this.
  5. PCORF

PCORF Premiership Player

Adelaide
    Betcha Richmond fans will miss booing it!

Toump Ass likes this.
  6. alexmc

alexmc Debutant

Adelaide
    Might make the bottom 4 if they're lucky. If you think they're a chance for the finals you might need to see a head doctor.

7. PerthBoy86

PerthBoy86 Club Legend

West Coast
    They need to win every game from here to make it, unless their percentage drastically improves. I give them a 25% chance.

8. J_Moore

J_Moore Norm Smith Medallist

Sydney
    That’s the most amazing calculation of probability I’ve seen.

Fwiw, prior to last night’s win, champion data had the Crows a 7% chance to make the 8. TAB has them 6-1 to make the 8 today.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
  9. Cincinnatus

Cincinnatus Suspended

Adelaide
    The good thing is that we have 3 of those games (potentially 4 if Port shit the bed next 2 weeks) against finals rivals.

10. Isaac Cumming No 1

Isaac Cumming No 1 Premium Platinum

GWS
    The Crows could make it. I think their focus will be just to finish the year well and lead into next year from as strong a position as possible. This year has gone to hell, but I dont think any fundamental changes are needed. Their list is still in a good place and at their best their game plan certainly holds up.

Rise_up_Stiffy and J_Moore like this.
  11. 1990crow

1990crow Brownlow Medallist

Adelaide
    Brisbane and Carlton should be wins.
    North at home - in form a win.

13 wins gets you into the 8.

Need to win 2 of Melbourne, Port and GWS. Port will be 50/50 so winnable. Melbourne home looks winnable with recent form. GWS away will be easier without Patton and with McGovern + Smith.

We’ll see.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

12. Jcpdragonx

Jcpdragonx Brownlow Medallist

Adelaide
    Other Teams:
    Adelaide United
    Capable of winning every game, will beat the overrated port

13. betterthanu

betterthanu Premiership Player

Adelaide
    Ive just got us into 3rd come round 23 on the ladder predictor. Booking my flights to Melbourne for a qualifying final at the G vs the Pies.

14. pjcrows

pjcrows Brownlow Medallist

Adelaide
    Other Teams:
    Minnesota Vikings
    Qualifying? My GF flights are booked and I've already set aside money for the flag memorabilia*.

* But seriously, we won't make the 8. Too far back and too low percentage.

15. radiojake

radiojake Brownlow Medallist

Adelaide
    Other Teams:
    LIVFC
    Lol how many games do Carlton and Gold Coast need to win for that scenario to happen?

How is that even mathematically possible?

16. dave123

dave123 Suspended

West Coast
    Bulldogs won it from 7th ....if crows went 5-1 and fisnished 6-8th who knows

No one and I mean no thought bulldogs could win flag from 7th ...they did ....

17. jakson68

jakson68 All Australian

Collingwood
    Will need everything to go right, including some help from other teams.
    Their biggest issue is their percentage. All they can do is keep winning and let results take care of themselves.
    Teams are so close this year, if you take care of your own result, anything can happen.

18. ARES

ARES Club Legend

Richmond
    Always room for another club to adopt this power stance in the big one.
    Hopefully Crows will be accommodating and reveal the secret to this brilliant display... will take time to nail it though...
    I've been practicing for a while now, think I got the stance, the stare is a work in progress... lose concentration easily...

I keep repeating, "be the stare, be the stare"

One day...

19. captain cotch 9

captain cotch 9 Norm Smith Medallist

Richmond
    Other Teams:
    76ers
    booing it?
    We laughed at it hahaha

evo likes this.
  20. Isaac Cumming No 1

GWS
    :cool: we will have Jezza and Toby and we haven't lost at Manuka since 2015, but dont lose any sleep.

21. 1990crow

Adelaide
    Oh this is in Canberra. Thought it was western Sydney. That is interesting.. we don’t play wind very well.

Isaac Cumming No 1 likes this.
  22. Mr_Moogle

Mr_Moogle Norm Smith Medallist

Adelaide
    Other Teams:
    Sturt FC
    No. Adelaide won't be able to win every remaining game. Crows will finish 9th or 10th.

23. Isaac Cumming No 1

GWS
    The wind for the Freo game is unusual, but August is the right time of year for Westerlies. It's very open with grandstands shielding around 25% It's a big ground, a bit wider than the G and about the same length. Good surface usually on the hard side.

24. 1990crow

Adelaide
    Yeah nothing wrong with the surface. Just the wind is something most afl players don’t have to deal with weekly and our best footy is based on rebound and slick ball movement.

Isaac Cumming No 1 likes this.
  25. betterthanu

betterthanu Premiership Player

Adelaide
    Gold Coast beats Carlton. Nothing individually unrealistic. Just the perfect storm of every single 50/50 game to go Crows way and a 100 point belting of Carlton in round 23. It wont allow me to check the finals but i imagine we beat Collingwood in the qualifying. We then go on knock off Port in a Prelim Showdown before losing by 100 points to Richmond in the grand final.