red+black

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Jul 12, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
RooBunny said:
I'd like to see it but I can't. I think the Aus Open will be the only glitch in the Federer juggernaut this year and even if there was another one, there are too many players - Roddick, Safin, Hewitt, in the way
Big call to say Fed will win the French.

Aug 19, 2004
Grand Finals
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Rafael Nadal
Agassi's best and last chance to win a grand slam is his home slam.US open this year..but he wont win it because federer, safin and even roddick are just fitter and stronger than him now.Maybe if the draw opens up he stands a chance.
About federer winning the RG..i certainly think he can..he has beaten the likes of coria, JCF,Gaudio, gonzalez in masters series events last year on clay..so its just a matter of confidence and belief.Guga was just too hot for him last year..credit has to go to Guga for slamming 49 winners in 3 sets past federer.

starz

Premiership Player
Nov 18, 2004
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
No.
But i think he has a good chance of winning the Davis Cup this year USa are looking pretty strong as long as he commits fully to it.
I heard that he wants to play this year.

JohnF

Club Legend
Apr 13, 2004
It's defeats like this that make it ever-increasingly hard to see Agassi winning another grand slam. Not only does he have to worry about the Federers, Safins and Roddicks of the world, he has to worry about dangerous lurkers in the draw like Melzer who can knock him off.

You should never write off a champion but the odds of him winning another slam are unlikely. He'd need a very favourable draw and quite a bit of luck to do it. I'd say USO 2005 and AO 2006 would be his last opportunities.

I hope he does win another slam, he has been an ornament to the game and has hung around to mixed it up with the younger, hungrier generation, often beating them. A true legend of the sport.

red+black

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Jul 12, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Spewing Steffi didn't have the balls to honor her bet and play the French with Andre. They might have been a chance.

Muffo

Club Legend
Jan 21, 2005
Gippsland
AFL Club
Collingwood
You forgot the "Who cares" option. Probably cos im just tired of him blowing kisses to the crowd when he beats some 17 year old qualifyer from Uzbekistan in a crap tournament.

Back