Can Alistair Clarkson lead North to a premiership? Or has footy gone past him?

Remove this Banner Ad

Was he the best coach available? You'd have to think so.

Does it take luck to win a premiership? Yes.

Any reason Clarko can't get lucky with North? No.

If he doesn't win one but his successor does, job done.

I only realised today North picked up Dan Howe as a DFA. Makes a nice matched pair with Shiels I guess?

How this impacts the premise of the OP other than being a thing that happened, we'll have to loop back at the end of the season. With our monocle of hindsight.

I only realised today North picked up Dan Howe as a DFA. Makes a nice matched pair with Shiels I guess?

How this impacts the premise of the OP other than being a thing that happened, we'll have to loop back at the end of the season. With our monocle of hindsight.

It would have been tempting for us to keep Shiels and Howe this year, but they would be on their last season

Look I don't reckon that what we need to be skiing here I reckon we should sskcisbalastadmurb still got the fire to look good naked? He's got the team under him that's for sue ebit it's a bit different now he doesn't have breust and Smith delivering it lace out inside fifty he doesn't even have jhf because port stole him but eaht he does have is a mind and it will be interesting to see what he does with the mind imbut I recomjon for him I think north still suck and port beat every one go the pear * you North not even Alastair can save you

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably no real harm to North, but it’s amusing that he took them both on instead of players with more growth, after hearing stories regarding Clarkson refusing to look passed some of his favorites at the Hawks in his later years and falling with Wright over the way forward.

Surely just one would’ve done though?

I worry that North will finish last again and sack the coach.

Clarko needs several years to get North anywhere near finals let alone a flag.

Clubs generally have no patience.

Both north and Essendon didn’t give ther last coaches even 2 years in the job

Don’t see why the rest of the league should subsidise that

Both north and Essendon didn’t give ther last coaches even 2 years in the job

Don’t see why the rest of the league should subsidise that
North have no debt at all now, thank goodness.

Where is the subsidy pertaining to paying a coach?

Are you referring to the equalization that the AFL employs?

I worry that North will finish last again and sack the coach.

Clarko needs several years to get North anywhere near finals let alone a flag.

Clubs generally have no patience.

I think North know they are in for the long haul, Clarkson isn’t likely to be a quick fix, he might perform miracles, and get them out of the bottom for next year, alternatively they might take 4-5 years to make finals, they only way he gets sacked next year is if the Hawthorn scandal comes back to bite. This is a project and honesty I think it will pay off long term.

I think North know they are in for the long haul, Clarkson isn’t likely to be a quick fix, he might perform miracles, and get them out of the bottom for next year, alternatively they might take 4-5 years to make finals, they only way he gets sacked next year is if the Hawthorn scandal comes back to bite. This is a project and honesty I think it will pay off long term.
I suppose I mean it has to be a long term

Remove this Banner Ad

Back