Can Alistair Clarkson lead North to a premiership? Or has footy gone past him?

Remove this Banner Ad

needs to survive the hawthorn racism review before he worries about a premiership at north.

may not last the season pending the results.

needs to survive the hawthorn racism review before he worries about a premiership at north.

I don't think anyone is worried about that.

The main accusers from the Egan report and the hatchet job article aren't participating in the review.

Egan isn't participating in the review, he's probably more worried about the criminal charges he's facing.

The ABC and all media have dropped the issue like a hot potato.

Hawthorn might be in for a bit of pain though for the way the whole review mess was handled.

Nothing will come of it- rightly or wrongly.
Pre Christmas he was never going to coach the club and now it's radio silence from the media

Nothing will come of it- rightly or wrongly.
Pre Christmas he was never going to coach the club and now it's radio silence from the media

if only the media forgot about essendon so easily!

if only the media forgot about essendon so easily!
It seems fitting today to remember what Ron Joseph said of Essendon and Clarkson.
“I never thought Clarko would follow the drug money to Tullamarine. Why would you want Kevin Sheedy looking over your shoulder at that spiritless, windswept hole they abandoned the iconic Windy Hill for?”

Vale Ron.

It seems fitting today to remember what Ron Joseph said of Essendon and Clarkson.
“I never thought Clarko would follow the drug money to Tullamarine. Why would you want Kevin Sheedy looking over your shoulder at that spiritless, windswept hole they abandoned the iconic Windy Hill for?”

Vale Ron.

yeah, irony seems to have been lost on old man Ron.

I don't think anyone is worried about that.

The main accusers from the Egan report and the hatchet job article aren't participating in the review.

Egan isn't participating in the review, he's probably more worried about the criminal charges he's facing.

The ABC and all media have dropped the issue like a hot potato.

Hawthorn might be in for a bit of pain though for the way the whole review mess was handled.
The reason it’s gone quite is that the AFL (and Hawthorn) have gone to town on undermining the entire thing(ABC, Jackson, Egan) to protect their brand and no footy journo will do anything but make vague updates, just like when no footy journo would ask how Hird’s former PED dealer ended up in the supply chain at Essendon.

The outcome will be orchestrated.

bd8a8e12-a036-40e8-8ed6-f58ef2a525f6_text.gif

Wonder if Caro will have the integrity and guts to congratulate Clarko on the stunning job he is doing at North so far ? Not holding my breath, but this is extraordinary really.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great start to the year from North. It's just good for footy to see the underdog rising.

However, the media narrative around Clarko the Messiah is still a bit overblown. They almost lose the unloseable game tonight and the first line from commentary afterwards was 'a masterclass from Clarkson'.

Regardless, North look like a genuine chance to finish between 7-10 wins the way they are currently playing. Wooden spoon should be well back in the rear vision mirror.

Great start to the year from North. It's just good for footy to see the underdog rising.

However, the media narrative around Clarko the Messiah is still a bit overblown. They almost lose the unloseable game tonight and the first line from commentary afterwards was 'a masterclass from Clarkson'.

Regardless, North look like a genuine chance to finish between 7-10 wins the way they are currently playing. Wooden spoon should be well back in the rear vision mirror.
Genuine question did you think North would win? Not many(including me) gave them a chance. Regardless of how close they made it they were the better side all night.
Strange take for a side that's coming off back to back spoons.

Some people here going off more prematurely than a 14 year old boy touching his first boob.
Yes and no.

Even if North fall away from here, they've still made incredible strides in a short space.

People already forget just how bad they were. I mean they won 2 games in their last 26 outings, with one of those against a side of 'top ups' after the main team was ravaged by Covid. They were losing by 10 goals plus every week.

To have already matched the entirety of last year within 2 weeks is a big accomplishment, when most of the fans would have been happy for them just to be getting closer and being more competitive in games.

Even if the honeymoon ends in a few weeks, the influence of a good coach is already apparent.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back