Poll Can-Am 2020 - Week 1

Vote in each match (do not vote for yourself)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 8, 2008
Campbelltown
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Arsenal, Macarthur FC
OEMu6Ky.png

Welcome to Week 1 of the 2020 Canadian-American Premiership. This weeks Big Ticket game features the rebranded Houston visiting Pittsburgh.

Please vote once in each match (unless you are playing in it) and make sure you do not vote for yourself.

Eastern Conference

Charlotte Lightning
IoNFAmM.png

@ Norfolk Pilots
5B4w4wf.png

Toronto Sixers
KCkgDPJ.jpg

@ New York Nationals
vZq0Z7z.png

Ab2ARsa.png

Houston Outlaws
n0hblT6.jpg

@ Pittsburgh Shock
n7po4kQ.png

Wisconsin Wild
IpMQLZ9.jpg

@ Indiana Bluebirds
Wt5Wmzc.png

Western Conference

Las Vegas High Rollers
8FKnkB5.png

@ Seattle Space Rangers
H7kCdut.png

Vancouver Valhallan
9LIbu4n.jpg

@ Los Angeles Rising
UfZdS07.png

Calgary Wolves
CmxWm5R.png

@ Kansas City Buffaloes
ujOBLmB.png

Los Angeles Bears
jebJqaH.png

@ Colorado Bighorns
bf1HImR.jpg

lol, both LA teams have pretty much the same home jumper! The Victorian, hope your away isn't green with a yoke

Loving Norfolk, Houston, Vegas and great to see Indiana back with a beautiful wordmark as always. One of the strongest comps ever seen on the board!

lol, both LA teams have pretty much the same home jumper! The Victorian, hope your away isn't green with a yoke

Loving Norfolk, Houston, Vegas and great to see Indiana back with a beautiful wordmark as always. One of the strongest comps ever seen on the board!
Nah, it is quite abstract using inspiration from the flag of Los Angeles and the Hollywood hills! ;)

Story time.

For those not aware, the Houston Outlaws are a tribute to my favourite pro wrestler, The Undertaker, and his associated biker gimmick. The idea for the Outlaws naming stems from both the idea of outlaw motorcycle gangs, as well as one of Taker’s nicknames, “The Last Outlaw”.

Houston is his hometown, as well as the location of arguably the greatest wrestling match ever between himself and Shawn Michaels at WrestleMania 25, which was held at NRG/Reliant Stadium, the Outlaw’s home ground.

But yeah, thought I should give some semblance of backstory to the concept, given wrestling is pretty niche, even if most people who know Undertaker is.

(Oh, and the guernsey is supposed to be a motorcycle...)

Wow this years kits are incredible, genuinely hard to pick a winner just from Week 1.

Thoughts on the camo look for Wisconsin this year? Was it too much? I think it looks a lot better on my Home kit but I guess we will have to let the votes decide.

Wow this years kits are incredible, genuinely hard to pick a winner just from Week 1.

Thoughts on the camo look for Wisconsin this year? Was it too much? I think it looks a lot better on my Home kit but I guess we will have to let the votes decide.
Feels a bit like an after thought to me, holding its own against a championship side in Indiana, so maybe I'm wrong.

Hardest match for me to vote. The Wonder Woman socks were the difference against WI.

I think it feels like a bit of an after thought as well. The camo on the guernsey and the background is too much for me too.

What are people's thoughts on NY? I was happy with it but a 9 vote thrashing makes me think there are some things I need to do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A couple of hours to go, and despite the majority of the games looking like they are over, there are some that a couple of votes could change the result.

So if you haven't voted, this would be the time.
Second this ;)

What are people's thoughts on NY? I was happy with it but a 9 vote thrashing makes me think there are some things I need to do.
Design is bland but I love the presentation

I feel like the Colorado entry deserves more props for turning the horn into a design element going all the way over the back
Same issue the past three seasons - good ideas but could executed better. At least the yellow has been toned way down.

Feedback for LA Rising?
It's a nice kit. I like the gradient, I like the teal but the colours seem a little out of kilter with one another. The waves also miss the mark for me. Love the presentation overall though.

Great class of CAN-AM 2020!!!

Feedback for LA Rising?
Lacks a real 'hero element', guess you could say it is the LA lettermark, but it struggles to shine due to a lack of visibility against the gradient behind and the fact that it shows up a lot with LA teams (Dodgers, Rams, LAFC, Clippers) so it feels a little cliche (At least that's the reason why I decided against using one).

Really like the template though and the presentation goes alright.

I feel like the Colorado entry deserves more props for turning the horn into a design element going all the way over the back
Same issue the past three seasons - good ideas but could executed better. At least the yellow has been toned way down.
Cheers for the feedback fellas, glad the toned down yellow worked better, as much as i wanted to reflect the state flag colours, the alterations have definitely eased the impact on the eyes.

I'm also open if anyone has any recommendations on improving the execution, this is my first crack with the pen tool in photoshop, so I'm keen to get a bit more adventurous.

Design is bland but I love the presentation
Thanks :) I was hoping that the NY monogram and the number would been seen as being a bit more of a hero element than they obviously have been. The presentation was partially inspired by a Lego box I had sitting next to my computer.

I really like yours, the way youve cut of the stripes on the diagonal is great. Im not sure if it is inprired by something but good job. The word mark is really suited to Vegas as well IMO.

The Victorian like fancy said the LA monogram gets lost in the gradient. The template is good and the presentation goes alright.

I'm also open if anyone has any recommendations on improving the execution, this is my first crack with the pen tool in photoshop, so I'm keen to get a bit more adventurous.
Keep tinkering. A lot of my ideas come about through trial and error. Prison bars were certainly not my first idea for this season's iteration!

Thanks :) I was hoping that the NY monogram and the number would been seen as being a bit more of a hero element than they obviously have been. The presentation was partially inspired by a Lego box I had sitting next to my computer.
FS worded it better than me but the hero element needs more punch. As for inspiration - nailed it. There's a fine line between copying and inspiration but if you can make something unique and yours, go for it. Often the best designs are tweaks on existing concepts rather than reinventing the wheel.

And thanks for the feedback on mine. As I said above, I tinkered with mine and kind of 'fell into' my final design. It might not be obvious but the prison bars cut a silhouette of the state of Nevada into the top 2/3 of the jumper.

Wow some awesome designs here. Looking forward to seeing all of the kits throughout.

Any feedback for the Pilots?

Back