Competition Can-Am Premiership 2017 - Season Discussion Thread - Postseason

Vote once (either YES or NO) for each proposal. (Full details for each proposal at top of OP)

• Proposal 1 (Shorts colour/uniform colour rule change):

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Proposal 2 (Alternate Uniform to become 3rd Uniform):

• Proposal 3 (Single Manufacturer 2017 Trial):

• Proposal 3.1 (Set Manufacturer Logo Postition {if single manufacturer}):

• Proposal 4 (Use of Canada 150 Logo for Canadian Teams):

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Can-Am News & Rumors @CanAmN&R - 25 min ago
Rumors circling that following loss to Miami, Ottawa owners have sold franchise to international consortium.

So basically Miami just kills Canadian franchises.

Dear Mr. E.R. Scorcho ( El_Scorcho ),

The Canadian-American Premiership Organization on behalf of the Canadian-American Premiership Relocation Committee wish to respond to your submission to relocate to New York for the 2018 season and branding yourself the New York Turtles.

During initial meetings, the board were strongly against this proposal with many of the members concerned that relocating a championship winning franchise could negatively affect the competition, however, this was not a unanimous decision. Several voting members were for the relocation, with one non-voting member Mr. M. Bay stating that he had several cross branding ideas for the franchise and one of his own non Canadian-American Premiership projects. On a side note we would like to state that Mr. Bay has since been removed from the board, we cannot say if there was any connection with his suggestions and his removal and the Canadian-American Premiership Organization would not like to make any assumptions on the matter as this was decided within the Relocation Committees walls.

Anyway, recent events have led to an emergency meeting of the Relocation Committee within the last few hours to vote on another matter not in relation to your proposal. However, this other event has also had ramifications for your clubs proposal and during the emergency meeting the committee also re-voted and the result was in your favor.

So the Canadian-American Premiership Organization wish to notify you that your proposal to relocate to New York for the 2018 season and become the New York Turtles has been approved.

We look forward to your organizations continued participation in the Canadian-American Premiership in your new location under the new brand.

Yours Sincerely,

Canadian-American Premiership Organization

Can-Am News & Rumors @CanAmN&R - 18 min ago
Indiana to New York confirmed. Emergency meeting of relocation committee approved Indiana move after discussions about another team moving west occurred.

Can-Am News & Rumors @CanAmN&R - 17 min ago
Hearing that the team in question is believed to have appeared in this seasons playoffs, may have played major part. Could Miami be on the move? #MiamiViceCancelled

Can-Am News & Rumors @CanAmN&R - 17 min ago
Hearing that the team in question is believed to have appeared in this seasons playoffs, may have played major part. Could Miami be on the move? #MiamiViceCancelled

Miami Vice @MiamiViceARFC - just now
@CanAmN&R No chance.

Dear Mr. E.R. Scorcho ( El_Scorcho ),

The Canadian-American Premiership Organization on behalf of the Canadian-American Premiership Relocation Committee wish to respond to your submission to relocate to New York for the 2018 season and branding yourself the New York Turtles.

During initial meetings, the board were strongly against this proposal with many of the members concerned that relocating a championship winning franchise could negatively affect the competition, however, this was not a unanimous decision. Several voting members were for the relocation, with one non-voting member Mr. M. Bay stating that he had several cross branding ideas for the franchise and one of his own non Canadian-American Premiership projects. On a side note we would like to state that Mr. Bay has since been removed from the board, we cannot say if there was any connection with his suggestions and his removal and the Canadian-American Premiership Organization would not like to make any assumptions on the matter as this was decided within the Relocation Committees walls.

Anyway, recent events have led to an emergency meeting of the Relocation Committee within the last few hours to vote on another matter not in relation to your proposal. However, this other event has also had ramifications for your clubs proposal and during the emergency meeting the committee also re-voted and the result was in your favor.

So the Canadian-American Premiership Organization wish to notify you that your proposal to relocate to New York for the 2018 season and become the New York Turtles has been approved.

We look forward to your organizations continued participation in the Canadian-American Premiership in your new location under the new brand.

Yours Sincerely,

Canadian-American Premiership Organization
We thank the board for their decision and look forward to continuing our work with City of New York on bringing Can-Am football back to the greatest city in the world.

@CanAmN&R No chance.

Can-Am News & Rumors @CanAmN&R - 2 min ago
Our mistake, source claimed that team in question was looking at a "reboot" and heading in a "new direction". These claims on top of team being a major player in the finals led us to thinking it may be you.

Can-Am News & Rumors @CanAmN&R - 1 min ago
Random guy on NYC street claims he knows person close to the New York Turtles team and that the team will have 4 main mascots each wearing a different color. Possible 5th mascot would be linked to New Jersey. Our belief is that this comment meant possible 5th mascot may be found in sewers. Any comment El_Scorcho

Can-Am News & Rumors @CanAmN&R - 2 min ago
Our mistake, source claimed that team in question was looking at a "reboot" and heading in a "new direction". These claims on top of team being a major player in the finals led us to thinking it may be you.
@CanAmN&R Didn't Ottawa just sell their franchise? Probably trying to get as far away from Vice City as possible.

@CanAmN&R Didn't Ottawa just sell their franchise? Probably trying to get as far away from Vice City as possible.

Can-Am News & Rumors @CanAmN&R - 5 mins ago
There are reports of this happening, but nothing concrete at the moment. We looked at you due to the words used which could have related to your team name. Could be possible that it is Ottawa, but we have other potential candidates as well. More details to come.

Can-Am News & Rumors @CanAmN&R - 1 min ago
Still no confirmation on what team is moving to the Western Conference. Several possible teams can be tied to story, however, this image has surfaced. Unsure what it is in relation to exactly, but it does have some link to the story.

WhatsNext4e_zpsgww4ltx0.png

Based on the OP, but not counting Tampa, this is how the league looks, Red being Western teams, Green being Eastern teams. Judging by the compass I'm guessing a reshuffle of conferences. If Washington is in the Eastern conference we need a fix.
upload_2017-10-2_22-34-12.png
I propose a split along the yellow line here
upload_2017-10-2_22-36-33.png
EDIT: So this would mean putting Indiana in the East and Washington in the West would fix this as Indiana are moving to New York anyway.

Based on the OP, but not counting Tampa, this is how the league looks, Red being Western teams, Green being Eastern teams. Judging by the compass I'm guessing a reshuffle of conferences. If Washington is in the Eastern conference we need a fix.
View attachment 423635
View attachment 423641
EDIT: So this would mean putting Indiana in the East and Washington in the West would fix this as Indiana are moving to New York anyway.

Can-Am News & Rumors
@CanAmN&R - 3 min ago
Can confirm that our sources say that Washington is NOT the team relocating. Currently we believe that it may be one of Atlanta, Cincinnati, Ottawa or Pittsburgh.

Can-Am News & Rumors
@CanAmN&R - 1 min ago
Sources also say that an announcement in regards to Ottawa ownership is near.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can-Am News & Rumors
@CanAmN&R - 3 min ago
Can confirm that our sources say that Washington is NOT the team relocating. Currently we believe that it may be one of Atlanta, Cincinnati, Ottawa or Pittsburgh.

Can-Am News & Rumors
@CanAmN&R - 1 min ago
Sources also say that an announcement in regards to Ottawa ownership is near.
Why wouldn't Washington move, anything else is nonsensical (assuming it's the same teams next year)

View attachment 423635
View attachment 423641
Washington is in Washington DC, not Washington State right? sjohnson

Washington is in Washington DC, not Washington State right? sjohnson
Ah, s**t. I'm so stupid.
I used a map plotter and just typed Washington and that's what it plotted.
Sorry craegus, I made an error here. I am still confused as to why Indiana was in the West though.

Ah, s**t. I'm so stupid.
Sorry craegus, I made an error here. I am still confused as to why Indiana was in the West though.
I think indiana was is the west because they were last season and it was just easier to put the new teams Chicago and Wisconsin in the east to replace Tampa and Orlando which came out.

I think indiana was is the west because they were last season and it was just easier to put the new teams Chicago and Wisconsin in the east to replace Tampa and Orlando which came out.
Makes sense, but in a design based league, it really has no bearing except which finals you play in.

Cincinnati United @CincinnatiUtd - just now
@CanAmN&R We’d like to know what said rumours are about United moving? This is the first we’re hearing of this and we are the club! As the President said- “This is Fake News”

Can-Am News & Rumors @CanAmN&R - Just Now
Our sources are only able to give us small bits of information as they gain it and as such we were able to exclude certain teams. This left us with a list of teams which we mentioned as we want all fans to know what we do. If this has negatively affected your team we do apologize.

Ah, s**t. I'm so stupid.

Antiquated divisions had Indiana in the West. When realignment happened for 2017, Indiana were left to avoid any issues.

The face when you realise that you could be going up against freight and scorch next season. Lakers to LA?
JsqE5ut.gif

you can't have another freight/scorch FJGD final if they can't possibly face each other in the final.

4RZEL9m.gif

ON%20Logo%201_zpsbm6cazuv.png

Official Statement

Dear Members, fans, and interested onlookers,

The owners of the Ottawa Nationals wish to respond to the news that has been spreading about our possible sale to an international consortium. We can say with absolute certainty that this is 100% incorrect. No consortia have approached our club to purchase it and we have no interest in selling to one. However, we have been approached by an international company and were very happy, no, extremely happy with their offer and have subsequently sold the club to that international company. This process was completed very quickly and was made very easy as our CEO and GM Mr. C. Raegus is also the founder of the buyer. We believe that this is the best opportunity for the club going………. You know what, we are no longer owners of the club and are now far more wealthy than we were before so we really don’t care what happens to this club. Adios Amigos.

Um, well that was not exactly the way that we wanted to introduce ourselves. As stated in the above my name is Mr. C. Raegus and I am the founder of the Makos Sporting Group (MSG), and we are now the owner of the Ottawa Nationals. Currently we are the owners of the Wellington Makos of the National Australian Football League (NAFL), the Wellington Football Club of the Football League of Oceania (FLO), and the East Cape Dawn Breakers who will hopefully debut in the Twenty20 Australia (T20 Australia) competition in the near future. We have a long history of sports ownership and have produced strong financially viable clubs throughout our history within the New Zealand community and into the Australian market. However we have recently decided to expand our brand into the world market, and found that the Ottawa Nationals was the perfect opportunity to do this.

We know that this may be a worrying time for the fans of the club not knowing what the future holds but let me be the first to say that we will be very upfront with the fans and keep them informed of the clubs new direction with MSG in charge. So what will the future hold? Well, firstly we will be compiling a list
List%20of%20MSG_zps4qk3lguv.png

that will look at all elements of the club, including financials, fan base, corporate structure and so forth. We will then make choices in how the club will progress into the future. Following this process we will update fans so that you know what is going on with the club and how this may affect you.

So with that I will sign off for now. We do look forward to our future with the Ottawa Nationals and remember, everything is better with MSG.​

Mr. C. Raegus
Founder of Makos Sports Group

Rumour spreading around Washington State currently- Space Rangers owners interested in selling the team due to a lack of success, possible relocation being considered. Kansas City, Colorado and Houston candidates for a possible move.

Last edited:
Can-Am News & Rumors @CanAmN&R - 10 mins ago
Sources say that Seattle owners are looking at selling team and possibly relocating to one of three locations. Sources at Can-Am Organization have not received any submissions for relocation at this stage nor any information on the team being sold.

Can-Am News & Rumors @CanAmN&R - 8 Mins ago

Ottawa Nationals sale to international company Makos Sports Group confirmed. Fans not happy with how sale went down, especially angry with previous owners exit message to fans, however they are optimistic that new owners will take team to new highs.

Can-Am News & Rumors @CanAmN&R - 6 mins ago

Still no confirmation on Eastern Conference team that is relocating to the West. Sources hopefully gaining more information shortly. When we get this information we will let everyone know.

Back