Competition Can-Am Premiership 2021 - Champions: Indiana Bluebirds - Post Season thread

Remove this Banner Ad

As we head through the playoffs, the usual issue that occurs with kit choices has arisen again.

Originally the league forced teams to wear their light coloured kit as the home team, but then to change things up, the league switched to the home team electing which kit they would wear in their games.

Unfortunately this lead to teams choosing their coloured kits as the belief that coloured kits tend to poll better than the white kits came back into effect and now the white are basically never worn at home during playoff games (even I am guilty of doing this).

My feeling is that even though people are putting effort into their designs, the white designs are perceived as being weaker and less likely to get votes during these polls and are therefore being relegated to being used by the away team. So following this season the rules around kit choice during the playoffs is going to change to rectify this. I know that the most home games that a team can play in the playoffs is 2, and this season has seen the white kit used more, but following the wildcard round the use of the white kit is basically never chosen.

I have my own idea of how to fix this, but I would also like to open it up to suggestions from others to see if there are some different ideas out there, or to see if people also think of the same idea as I have (I will not post mine yet as I do not want to bias responses). Basically I want to make sure that people still have a choice, but to also make it so all kits are treated as being as strong as each other and can be interchangeable at any point in the playoffs, or to at least make people have to take the "risk" of wearing their white.

Feel free to suggest ways of doing this.

As we head through the playoffs, the usual issue that occurs with kit choices has arisen again.

Originally the league forced teams to wear their light coloured kit as the home team, but then to change things up, the league switched to the home team electing which kit they would wear in their games.

Unfortunately this lead to teams choosing their coloured kits as the belief that coloured kits tend to poll better than the white kits came back into effect and now the white are basically never worn at home during playoff games (even I am guilty of doing this).

My feeling is that even though people are putting effort into their designs, the white designs are perceived as being weaker and less likely to get votes during these polls and are therefore being relegated to being used by the away team. So following this season the rules around kit choice during the playoffs is going to change to rectify this. I know that the most home games that a team can play in the playoffs is 2, and this season has seen the white kit used more, but following the wildcard round the use of the white kit is basically never chosen.

I have my own idea of how to fix this, but I would also like to open it up to suggestions from others to see if there are some different ideas out there, or to see if people also think of the same idea as I have (I will not post mine yet as I do not want to bias responses). Basically I want to make sure that people still have a choice, but to also make it so all kits are treated as being as strong as each other and can be interchangeable at any point in the playoffs, or to at least make people have to take the "risk" of wearing their white.

Yeah, I think making it so you can only pick each of your kits once during the playoffs would be a good compromise.

Also, is the option to pick the can-am 2 jersey new as well this season? I noticed Phoenix used it in the wildcard round and I wasn't aware that was an option.

Yeah, I think making it so you can only pick each of your kits once during the playoffs would be a good compromise.

Also, is the option to pick the can-am 2 jersey new as well this season? I noticed Phoenix used it in the wildcard round and I wasn't aware that was an option.

That was my thought, especially as at most each team can only select twice. I guess it then makes it a bit more of a strategic move as well as you have to decide as to which game you are more likely to do better in each kit, and predict who you may face in each.

Always has been an option (at least I believe it has), just no-one has ever thought of using it.

Make playoffs about the entire set, perhaps? All kits on the table, people judging based on how they work as a whole…

Make playoffs about the entire set, perhaps? All kits on the table, people judging based on how they work as a whole…

That is purely for the Can-Am Bowl, if it was extended to the rest of the playoffs it would make the final feel less unique.

That is purely for the Can-Am Bowl, if it was extended to the rest of the playoffs it would make the final feel less unique.
I’m running out of ideas! 😅

Perhaps, people should do Home/Away/2nds/Playoffs?

And then there were 4.

4o4BZlZ.png

Commiserations to DC JURASSIC, SOCAL SHARKS, PHILADELPHIA SURGE, and THE VALLEY FOOTBALL TEAM, you all played well but unfortunately came up just short this season. But from our defeats comes strength to fight back, and we are certain that you will be in the fight again next season.

With that we now move on to the Conference Round, with the winners of these two matches moving on to face each other at Can-Am Bowl VII.

Even though one of the competitors has already nominated what they wish to wear, I am still going to ask both as to what kits they want to use.

So El_Scorcho and fancyscum which kit will you wear? Will you use your Status as the highest seeds and go with the dark kits, or will you try to Ignite your fans support and take the challenge to try and win in white?

Last edited:
Oh my god, oh my god, the champs are out, what an upset, the reigning champion LOS ANGELES BEARS have lost in the conference final.

oEbMaln.png

And with that we are down to the final two. The VANCOUVER STAGS who overcame the reigning champions, and the undefeated INDIANA BLUEBIRDS who saw off the NORFOLK PILOTS.

Comiserations go out to fancyscum and muggsy26, incredible entries as always, and very unlucky to not make it to the final.

We have now reached the end of the season, two teams, three designs each, one match, winner takes all.

It is time for CAN-AM BOWL VII.

Seeing as that is the end of my season it would be great to get some feedback on my Pilots entry.

Attachments

• CAN AM Final 1.png
    CAN AM Final 1.png
    232.2 KB · Views: 28
  • CAN AM Final 2.png
    CAN AM Final 2.png
    275.6 KB · Views: 32
  • CAN AM Final 3.png
    CAN AM Final 3.png
    305.2 KB · Views: 27
Seeing as that is the end of my season it would be great to get some feedback on my Pilots entry.
Great entries across the board. I prefer the road and 2nds to the home; the kaleidoscopey pattern elements really pop. I reckon the wing element on the home might work better placed higher across the chest, rather than coming up from the gut, but I have ocd with that kind of thing.

sBFt5yz.png

Congratulations to the Indiana Bluebirds on winning Can-Am Bowl VII.

The original champions have finally taken out their second title.

Will we see the franchisetaking another title in 2022?

Or will Vancouver be back for revenge?

Could a new challenger emerge?

Find out next year as the Canadian-American Premiership begins the road to...

wuiMh1R.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Massive thanks to Craegus, for running this great comp so well again. It's humbling to win against such a strong field in one of the board Majors. Commiserations to the Stags in the final, about as line ball as it gets and I feel lucky to have won.

Congratulations El_Scorcho , the ticket stub idea for presentation was absolutely top notch.

Thanks mate, I wanted to theme it around a vintage baseball sort of thing to really get that American feel and the ticket stub was an idea I stumbled upon while researching that. I am always so impressed by some of the concept development that goes on in these comps, with fancyscum probably the clubhouse leader in that regard, so it's really satisfying to have an idea like that come together and be so well received by the board.

New year, new announcement.

Changes are coming to the Canadian-American Premiership.

The Can-Am 2 is no more, but the replacement will be empowering a new group of athletes. And some franchises may have a surprise in store for them, if they are to realize their potential.

All will be announced later, but for now...

CJgtz1b.png

Here is the deal, if anyone can both predict the name of the two new kits in the Can-Am this year (I may have already alluded to them somewhere), and what they will be in relation to (must be matched up correctly), the full announcement will be revealed.

Eg:

Ignite = White Kit
Spirit = Coloured kit.

Can't wait to see some guesses.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back