Competition Can-Am Premiership 2021 - Champions: Indiana Bluebirds - Post Season thread

Aug 8, 2008
Campbelltown
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Arsenal, Macarthur FC
WU2JTAH.png

Welcome to the preseason thread for the 2021 Canadian-American Premiership (Can-Am).

This the the beginning of the road to

DBCBJbP.jpg

The new season will not kick off until around early July, but now is the time to begin the bidding and design process as it would appear the board is in a small competition design quiet period (only the ASFL).

This season will continue the uniform style set that was introduced in 2019, however the names of the uniforms has been changed with the removal of the possibility of uniforms being used as either home or away, and returning to a more traditional uniform setup.

Yf4DX9y.png

As with previous seasons uniforms are not called home and away, instead they are replaced with the Ignite and Spirit uniforms. The Ignite will remain primarily white and will be used in home games and the Spirit will be primarily coloured and used in away games. The Can-Am 2 uniform is still named the Attain uniform and will retain the same design guidelines as previous seasons, though will use a new manufacturer logo this season (see uniform guide post).

Uniform details will be posted in the next posts.

Franchises from 2020 will have priority over their locations and team names, as well as the first chance to relocate/rebrand.

Below are the 2021 teams and conferences (2020 teams will be updated {including location and name} as teams are confirmed, or folded) Green - Confirmed for 2021, Orange - No response, Red - Folded, Blue - Responded but undecided:

2021 Teams
Conferences that teams are in are not set at the moment, teams may switch between conferences as confirmations/relocations/withdrawals are made.

Eastern Conference

Indiana Bluebirds - El_Scorcho

New York Nationals - just_kick_it
Norfolk Pilots - muggsy26
Toronto Sixers - caloschwaby

DC Jurassic - SunsphereParker
Philadelphia Surge - exile
Winnepeg Silverbacks - tigerz18

Western Conference

San Jose Bytes - Hammer_head
Los Angeles Bears - fancyscum
Vancouver Stags - craegus
SoCal Sharks - magpienato
Sacramento Rush - magpiemaniac44

The Valley Football Team - BringBackTheAnchor
Colorado Bighorns - Kangas_11

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2008
Campbelltown
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Arsenal, Macarthur FC
OFFICIAL UNIFORM GUIDE
  • All guernseys MUST be Adidas branded and feature the Adidas 3 stripes somewhere on the Guernsey (position is up to the designer and may change across all three designs). The Adidas logo may also be positioned wherever the designer chooses so long as it appears on the guernsey and is clearly visible (can also be included on a jock tag or inside the collar, but only in addition to the main logo). Adidas logo must also feature on the shorts (right side facing).
  • All designs (Ignite, Spirit, Attain) must be on the same template.
  • Ignite Guernseys must be at least 51% white.
  • Ignite Shorts may be any colour.*
  • Ignite Socks must be at least 33% white.
  • Spirit Guernseys must be at least 51% coloured.
  • Spirit Shorts may be any colour, including being the same as the Ignite.*
  • Spirit Socks must be at least 33% coloured, cannot be the same as the Ignite.
  • Attain Guernsey may be anything, outlandish designs are encouraged.
  • Attain Shorts may be any colour, should not be the same design as Ignite and/or Spirit.*
  • Attain Socks may be any colour, should not be the same design as Ignite or Spirit.
  • Attain Kits this season will utilise the Adidas Trefoil logo in place of the regular Adidas logo.

*Shorts may be the same design across the two designs (Ignite and Spirit) if the designer chooses to do so.
  • Sponsor to appear in usual AFL front position (right side facing)
  • Player name to appear below the number on the back (usual sponsor position)
  • Numbers on the back must feature number logo (posted below).
  • Numbers must appear on the front of the guernsey, same font as back, cannot be more than 50% the size of the back, number colour does not need to match the back.
  • Number must appear on the shorts (left side facing), same font as back of the guernsey, size no larger than 50% of the back number, colour does not need to match back number.
  • Conference logo must appear above number on the back (cannot be recoloured).
  • Can-Am 2 teams will use the Can-Am 2 logo instead of the Conference logo (cannot be recoloured).
  • Champions logo (found here) must appear on Seattle, Indiana, Miami*, and Los Angeles Bears kits only (Not on Attain kit). (*Even though Miami has won 2 titles they will still wear just 1 star when they resume in the competition).
  • Team logos are now required for Can-Am team as a separate image, Can-Am 2 teams logo must appear on kit presentation image.
Submission deadline is June 30th 2021 11:59:59pm AEST, I will respond if a design meets guidelines or not. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible to confirm your design meets guidelines, but this may not always be possible so do not leave things to the last minute.

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2008
Campbelltown
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Arsenal, Macarthur FC
A reminder about the Can-Am 2:

This is like the minor leagues in Canadian and American sports. This season all franchises will be required to submit a Legacy (still predominantly white) kit, an Pride (coloured) kit, and a developmental team kit (Attain) as well as logos for both teams (main franchise as a separate image, developmental within the kits image).

Into season 4 of this competition I am still going to restrict Can-Am 2 teams locations to close to their main franchises locations (so within the franchises city limits or near the city if there are other franchises located nearby, or within the franchises state or province if the franchise has no other franchises within the same state/province) as to not have people overlap as no-one will need to publicly announce where their second team will be located. Franchises can use another locations name (be it city, suburb or state/province depending on what other franchises are nearby) or take the route or some MLS teams in forming a second team with a 2 at the end (e.g. Portland Timbers, LA Galaxy, Seattle Sounders who have a 2 or II team).

So using the Winnipeg True North as an example, they could have a Winnipeg True North 2/II or a Manitoba (team name), whereas the San Francisco Kings couldn't use California if there was a team in Los Angeles. However if 2 teams are located in the same state/province they can negotiate a way to work around this issue, e.g. San Francisco could use Golden State and LA could use California or SoCal.

The Can-Am 2 team will for this season use the Can-Am 2 logo on their kits, but as with previous seasons the design can be anything (light or dark kit) so long as it still features the Adidas 3 stripes and is on the same template as the other 2 designs.

Aug 8, 2008
Campbelltown
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Arsenal, Macarthur FC
Submission entry will open following the closing of the new teams bidding process.

Submission of entries:

Entry submissions close on June 30th 2021, 11:59:59pm AEST.

Entries must be submitted through PM, any image hosting site is acceptable, however links will NOT be accepted, the PM must contain your entry as an image, if you send just links or images acting as links, they will not be counted and penalties may apply if the mistake is not corrected prior to the closing of entries. Also please check you entries with the guidelines before submitting as I would like to not have to tell people that they have not met the criteria when they are clearly stated.

When submitting please use the PM title: 2021 Can-Am Entry: *Replace with your team name*. This will allow me to quickly and easily find your submission should any issues arise.

Failure to submit or failure to submit correctly before closing will face the following penalties:

Days 1-2: Automatic 2 losses counted on team record for every day late. (Day 2 = 4 losses total)

Day 3: Unable to finish 1st in Conference no matter final record.

Days 4-5: Automatic 2 losses counted on team record for every day late. (Day 5 = 8 losses total)

Day 6: Unable to finish in the top 4 in Conference no matter final record (can only qualify as a 5th and 6th placed wild card).

Day 7: Unable to qualify for finals no matter final record.

Day 8: Automatic exclusion from future competition.

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2008
Campbelltown
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Arsenal, Macarthur FC
2021 Logos

League logo - Only to be used for presentation purposes (optional, not compulsory).

ORMnLA1.png

League logo no text - Only to be used for presentation purposes in small sizes where text is not clearly readable (optional, not compulsory)

fmfk3vF.png

Can-Am 2 logo - For use on Can-Am 2 kit

R4854U9.png

Eastern Conference logo - for use on kits (Eastern Conference teams only)

TVI0JLL.png

Western Conference logo - for use on kits (Western Conference teams only)

pG2L1kp.png

Number logo

F09Faj6.png

Champions Logo (American Teams)

SWR5ufO.png

Champions Logo (Canadian Teams)

mBD6wiG.png

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Packers, Raptors, Renegades
I think after 6 long years, time is finally up on the Wisconsin Wild. As I'm sure most of you would know, letting go of your attachment to such an identity is hard, but I feel like it's run its course and time to start fresh and anew.

The Wisconsin Wild will officially be relocating it's offices to the sunny shores of San Diego.

Moniker still being finalised, but will be something honouring the rich history of the San Diego shipyards. For now we'll just take a leaf out of Washington's page and name ourselves: Team San Diego

Mar 30, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Dolphins, Seattle Kraken
I think after 6 long years, time is finally up on the Wisconsin Wild. As I'm sure most of you would know, letting go of your attachment to such an identity is hard, but I feel like it's run its course and time to start fresh and anew.

The Wisconsin Wild will officially be relocating it's offices to the sunny shores of San Diego.

Moniker still being finalised, but will be something honouring the rich history of the San Diego shipyards. For now we'll just take a leaf out of Washington's page and name ourselves: Team San Diego
Just call it something ambigous like San Diego W. Wait, no, the S D Wild. It's almost impossible to decipher.

Aug 8, 2008
Campbelltown
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Arsenal, Macarthur FC
One Albuquerque, please.

As with BringBackTheAnchor, I am happy to have you enter, but if you would kindly just hold off on a bid until all previous season participants confirm their involvement or non-involvement first, just incase they choose to take your chosen location.

I will post in this thread (and the thread name will also change) when new bids are being accepted.

Just hold off on the bid for the moment, as per the competition rules, I need to have last seasons competitors confirm or fold their entries before new ones are accepted.

I will post when new bids are being taken.
Sorry, I didn't get the tag, and the Rush was pretty much dead before the last season even started.

Long Story Short; The Kansas City Rush can go in the "folded" column.

May 25, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
So while working on a new design I have decided that I would like to add red to my official colours making them blue white and red. Now I have gone back to Can-Am 2020 and have seen that muggsy26 is already using navy blue and a darkish red.

Now being a Port Adelaide supporter I realize that sporting colours are somehow protected as IP (or seen to be by some)

Here is the specific colours I am wanting use if that is OK with you muggsy26

new colour proposal.png

muggsy26

Senior List
Jan 14, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
So while working on a new design I have decided that I would like to add red to my official colours making them blue white and red. Now I have gone back to Can-Am 2020 and have seen that muggsy26 is already using navy blue and a darkish red.

Now being a Port Adelaide supporter I realize that sporting colours are somehow protected as IP (or seen to be by some)

View attachment 1099794

It's a non-issue for mine. Look at the MLB in the US and every second team are red white and blue! Just let Craegus confirm and I'm sure you'll be sweet.

Aug 8, 2008
Campbelltown
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Arsenal, Macarthur FC

View attachment 1099794
It's a non-issue for mine. Look at the MLB in the US and every second team are red white and blue! Just let Craegus confirm and I'm sure you'll be sweet.

Muggsy is right, US teams in some form mostly do wear red, white, and blue, and as this is a US league, just like all the rest of the big leagues, the competition committee makes all final decisions on teams colour changes, and if there is an issue with stepping on peoples toes by using those colours.

So our final decision is this (and we do not care if you disagree, our decision is final):

Sure go for it.

Mar 30, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Dolphins, Seattle Kraken
Muggsy is right, US teams in some form mostly do wear red, white, and blue, and as this is a US league, just like all the rest of the big leagues, the competition committee makes all final decisions on teams colour changes, and if there is an issue with stepping on peoples toes by using those colours.

So our final decision is this (and we do not care if you disagree, our decision is final):

Sure go for it.
I disagree, i say go for it

Mar 30, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Dolphins, Seattle Kraken
You are not even in this competition, so have no say....yet.

Be careful what you say though, or we may have to just accept your future bid.

How dare you sir! I demand you proactively retrospectively immediately reject my as yet unconfirmed future bid, post haste!

Hah, you'll never get the best of me for i confuse myself.

Back