Can an independent commission investigate the AFL for blatant cheating?

Remove this Banner Ad

There is none because that is clearly not a free kick
How is that clearly not a free kick?

Did he not try to evade/break through a tackle?
Did he not just drop the ball?

In that instance it was deemed no prior before trying to evade the tackle.

The AFL rules are full of grey interpretation.

How is that clearly not a free kick?

Did he not try to evade/break through a tackle?
Did he not just drop the ball?

In that instance it was deemed no prior before trying to evade the tackle.

The AFL rules are full of grey interpretation.
Because he was tackled as soon as he got it and immediately tried to attempt to dispose of it.

Compare that to the worst decision of the night

Because he was tackled as soon as he got it and immediately tried to attempt to dispose of it.

Another shocker. I think the three or so shockers that went the cats way made me feel like it all evened out in the end after half a dozen soft free kicks to Brisbane in their forward line. Justice prevailed.

Yes the Guthrie to Selwood was easily the worst decision.

44% of your scoring came from frees...5.3 goals

I wouldn’t carry on too much

Everything I pointed out right there is valid no?

Was definitely frustrating watching your defenders scragging our taller and faster forwards all night though I will give you that

Everything I pointed out right there is valid no?

Was definitely frustrating watching your defenders scragging our taller and faster forwards all night though I will give you that

This premise that Cats posters keep relying on to deflect has been debunked over and over, because they refuse to accept what almost everyone else thinks.

Some of them are then scurrying away to their own board to make changes to the narrative, take safe pot shots at those who dare to disagree and frame themselves as 'taking the moral high ground'. Rather pathetic.

As SoOn As He GoT iT.

Rewatch it without your poo and pee glasses on, picks it up, has time, takes on the man, drops it.

Obviously you must also then be against the play on call in the second where Daniher takes on and shrugs 2 tacklers before Henderson gets him and he drops the ball. That was waved play on too.

And the worst call of the night was where a Lions player diving for the ball cannons into Guthries shins, and the umpire pays a high free kick to the Lions.

AFL need to introduce a coaches challenge similar to the NBA to protect against these game altering decisions.
The AFL coming out saying it was the incorrect decision doesn’t mean s**t if the same gutless umpire is back at it next week.
Incorrect disposal also needs to be a major focus, it’s as if that rule doesn’t exist any more. Prior opportunity is arbitrary but disposing of the ball correctly is much more easy to officiate.

umpires change the result of games regularly. the decisions made in the last couple of minutes of a game can literally change the outcome of a game.

The AFL have admitted the umpire missed that free. If it's paid, 9/10 Bris kick that goal and win the game.

That is undeniable.

Incorrect decisions from earlier in the game leave you with time to overcome them. Decisions like Friday night do not. It really is that simple.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WCE have a fair shout for getting dudded hard today.
View attachment 1088514

Over the shoulder, and gets none of the ball, WCE 1 point down, Bulldogs immediately take the ball down the other end and score the sealer.

Didn't really think this was a free when I watched it - what I did think was West Coast had a 3 on 1 and should have won possession!

There was a worse non-call with about 7 minutes to go in the 3rd quarter where Bailey Smith was tackled by Cripps in the West Coast forward pocket - he had prior opportunity and the ball was incorrectly disposed of - similar to the Geelong/Brisbane one. Well and truly evened out by the non-call on McGovern in the last quarter...

What I don't like is the "flavour of the month" approach to rule changes. Last year it was red hot on holding the ball and moving it on at all costs - that seems to have been thrown out the window now - almost like it is no longer important.

And as for the new standing the mark rule - it is fair to say I could count a dozen infractions each game that don't get called.

Rigged comp is rigged.

Look at the fixture, the media, the commentators, tribunal decisions, the Grand Final being locked to the ‘G. It’s all set up to celebrate Victorian teams and if you’re outside that sphere then you’re second class.

Long story short, they were never paying that free to send Geelong 0-2 to start the season. The league is a joke.

You will never get fans aligned, but by having commentators who actually understand the umpires decision making process will help set the narrative.
There was a commentator, dunno who, in tonights (easter thurs 2021) game Pies v Lions...

Cameron was tackled by Quaynor high tho he had prior. No free either way. Ball might have gone out. The footage shows the high tackle and said commentator brings up the prior opportunity as if it somehow cancels out the s**t tackle...

Haha 99% certain commentators are instructed to find a way to move the topic along after a bad decision, or find a justification for it.

This became a thing right after Seven got the rights back from Nine/Ten.

Before that the commentators were on the side of the fans in this regard, but clearly they were pulled into line by the AFL with that agreement onward.

Good to see the AFL balanced out Brisbane's loss last week with gifting them a win last night.
Umpiring was deplorable. No wonder pies fans more feral than usual.

Good to see the AFL balanced out Brisbane's loss last week with gifting them a win last night.
Umpiring was deplorable. No wonder pies fans more feral than usual.
Hey! Don't say that! However will the Brions fans cope without their "us against them" narrative when they were nearly gifted 2 games from poor umpiring.

Hey! Don't say that! However will the Brions fans cope without their "us against them" narrative when they were nearly gifted 2 games from poor umpiring.
loL!

Funny how they complained so much about one decision last weak- yet over the course of the game adn again last night- they seem to be able to be tackled and drop/dispose incorrectly and NEVER get pinged!
AFL trying to balance out poor Lions having to play away from home for a change

loL!

Funny how they complained so much about one decision last weak- yet over the course of the game adn again last night- they seem to be able to be tackled and drop/dispose incorrectly and NEVER get pinged!
AFL trying to balance out poor Lions having to play away from home for a change
And their supporters who were everywhere during the week complaining are very silent after the hand job the umpires gave them last night.

View attachment 1087506

35m out from Geelongs goal, Clark gets Sharp who misses the handball and drops it, where is the mention of this from Brisbane fans?

That's not HTB. No prior, only has to attempt to handball or kick which he did.

If he'd had prior definite free kick.

Learn the rules, maybe even read it one day. Rule 17.6.3, page 52.

Last edited:
That's not HTB. No prior, only has to attempt to handball or kick which he did.

If he'd had prior definite free kick.

Learn the rules, maybe even read it one day. Rule 17.6.3, page 52.
No prior? He has it for longer than Blicavs had it for, so either Blicavs had no prior and his non-free kick was correct, or the Sharp drop was a free kick too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back