Can anyone help me with my homework?

Remove this Banner Ad

Okay, it's not my homework, it's my daughter's, but I have been out of school for the best part of 3 decades and had no interest in algebra then and no interest now.

She is doing her first week of Grade 10 Distance Education after being out of school for several months.

We are struggling with terminology and rules of gradients and she is expected to hand in some work tomorrow afternoon, and we really can't afford for her to slip behind so early. Don't worry, it's not an assessment, those are done under supervision.

I figure if I see the answers, I can work in reverse and understand the question, and we will get it from here on in.

I have little patience for this sort of thing. My least favourite subject in school.

Thanks Harks

No, it's a worksheet and we don't have the Maths book. They said we could do without it since there is only 6 weeks left in the year. 5 weeks until exams and we are coming from 3 months behind.

Needs to pass Maths and English just to get into Grade 11 and do non-OP subjects. Has totally screwed herself up over the last 12 months.

Let me know what Maths book the school use.
If it is the same as my daughter uses, I have an extra one and will express post it to you.

It's Maths Quest 3 for Qld, so I assume they are different state by state.

Different book. Sorry.
Silly question but is your daughter 16.
We just don't call them grades any more, but years.

If it is a lower level then that's a different thing.

Old habits die hard. Year 10. She is 15.

had a complete unit in 1st year on derivatives etc
complete crap
cheated my ass off
got 90% exam and assignments
still to this day don't know don't want to know and will never use a double derivative

Remove this Banner Ad

Back