Prediction Can Brisbane Get Any Worse Than Their Performance Against Port Adelaide - Mission Impossible?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Five games in and we are sitting at 1-4, with a winnable game next week. Based on our first half against the reigning Premiers, where we comprehensively outclassed them on the scoreboard, we could really trouble some quality sides this year. If we 'click' we might even string a number of wins together. The question is, can we still make the Eight?
If we don't, where would we need to finish for people to feel that this has been a positive season? If ladder position is not important or a major priority, what are your personal KPI's for the rest of this season?
Clearly there is a different buzz about the place this year and there is a wiff of optimism in the air. What do we need to do to keep it there?

Five games in and we are sitting at 1-4, with a winnable game next week. Based on our first half against the reigning Premiers, where we comprehensively outclassed them on the scoreboard, we could really trouble some quality sides this year. If we 'click' we might even string a number of wins together. The question is, can we still make the Eight?
If we don't, where would we need to finish for people to feel that this has been a positive season? If ladder position is not important or a major priority, what are your personal KPI's for the rest of this season?
Clearly there is a different buzz about the place this year and there is a wiff of optimism in the air. What do we need to do to keep it there?

Didn't you revive the "Make the 8" thread at half time yesterday? You cursed us mate :eek: ;) I love the positive thinking but we are no chance.

Home games against GWS, Geelong, Adelaide, Dogs. Away games against Port, Richmond, West Coast, Melbourne. Would be lucky to win any of them.

Away games against Sydney and Hawthorn back 2 back will tell us a bit about how we are going.

I've bolded the games I would be expecting to win/we should go in as favourites.

Round 6 Sat 29 Apr 4:35pm Power Gabba
Round 7 Sun 7 May 1:10pm Swans SCG
Round 8 Sat 13 May 1:45pm Hawks UTAS Stadium
Round 9 Sat 20 May 7:25pm Crows Gabba
Round 10 Sun 28 May 1:10pm Magpies MCG
Round 12 Sat 10 Jun 4:35pm Dockers Gabba
Round 13 Sat 17 Jun 4:35pm Power Adelaide Oval
Round 14 Sat 24 Jun 4:35pm Giants Gabba
Round 15 Sun 2 Jul 1:10pm Bombers Etihad Stadium
Round 16 Sat 8 Jul 7:25pm Cats Gabba
Round 17 Sun 16 Jul 1:10pm Tigers Etihad Stadium
Round 18 Sun 23 Jul 4:40pm Blues Gabba
Round 19 Sun 30 Jul 2:40pm Eagles Domain Stadium
Round 20 Sat 5 Aug 4:35pm Bulldogs Gabba
Round 21 Sat 12 Aug 4:35pm Suns Gabba
Round 22 Sun 20 Aug 1:10pm Demons MCG
Round 23 Sun 27 Aug 8:00pm Kangaroos Gabba (assuming this is a dummy timeslot)

Last edited:

We're better. But it's another 4-6 win season guys.

I'll settle for 5 wins and an improved %, also would like to see our younger players improve and re sign throughout the year.

Didn't you revive the "Make the 8" thread at half time yesterday? You cursed us mate :eek: ;) I love the positive thinking but we are no chance.

Home games against GWS, Geelong, Adelaide, Dogs. Away games against Port, Richmond, West Coast, Melbourne. Would be lucky to win any of them.

Away games against Sydney and Hawthorn back 2 back will tell us a bit about how we are going.

I've bolded the games I would be expecting to win/we should go in as favourites.

And further to the above fixture, who'd have thought our more probable opportunities would be... [note to self - place a bet on finals teams at the time of of the 2018 Brisbane Lions fixture release!]

RPT4tYU.jpg

And further to the above fixture, who'd have thought our more probable opportunities would be... [note to self - place a bet on finals teams at the time of of the 2018 Brisbane Lions fixture release!]

RPT4tYU.jpg
At this stage we are closer to finishing top eight than Nth Melbourne, Sydney and Hawthorn. Who would have thought?

Our draw is good but kinder awkward. Wpuld have loved the blues twice.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Beat Power this week and we are back on !
Always a believer :D
I think you could be right mpal6. After this week, we are a chance to string some wins together before we play Port Adelaide again in Round 13. We are also a very good chance to win our last three games of the year. I think this is still do-able. Throw in a win against Carlton, possible win against Essendon and an upset or two at home and we are playing finals. Stranger things have happened. Remember, this is going to be a very even season. Eventually Sydney and North will start winning games, which means teams above us will be losing and this makes an opportunity for us, provided we can be consistent and things go to script.

I give us a 0% chance
Never say never.
In 1984 it was about Round 17 or 18, we were 10th and I asked Harry Beitzel on talk back radio if he thought Fitzroy could make the Finals. That season finals were played by the top 5. He was quick with his answer and definititive - there was no way Fitzroy was going to make the finals! No way known!
Well, history shows that we had a flying finish to the year and a few other games went our way and we fell into 5th.
Just goes to show, anything is possible.

Last edited:
Never say never.
In 1984 it was about Round 17 or 18, we were 10th and I asked Harry Beitzel on talk back radio if he thought Fitzroy could make the Finals. That season finals were played by the top 5. He was quick with his answer and definititive - there was no way Fitzroy was going to make the finals! No way known!
Well, history shows that we had a flying finish to the year and a few games other games went our way and we fell into 5th.

Can you please stop doing this.

We lose whenever you do this

Never say never.
Well, history shows that we had a flying finish to the year and a few other games went our way and we fell into 5th.

******* never.

There's optimism and then there's ridiculousness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back