• Yes

Votes: 34 87.2%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • Not enough evidence to prove either way

Votes: 2 5.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Chris Scott is doing the rebuild and introducing new players (6 debuts 2018) on the fly while keeping Geelong in top4/8 conversations. Rated as the best match day coach by his own peers. I'll leave your 2011 revisionism alone as so many have answered already.
Better than Clarkson? Hmmm, no. I’d have Simpson above him too. A solid coach and top handful, admittedly.

Not sure this is a great decision by the club

As much as i have had fun sinking the boots in to the cats this year, not sure of the timing. Seems a strange one.

Sent from my iPad using righteous Bhodi manpower

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Look hes a solid option. Just think club is crying out for a fresh voice and new thinking

Is the time frame enough to regenerate after both Selwoods and a couple of others go?
I could have it wrong (and stand to be corrected) but Wells has traded a fair few picks off the top of my head for this current list. Stability is good, that’s a positive. I would be interested to know what the expectations are around the appointment. To try and stay up or bottom out a bit. Dunno.

Even here Ralphy can't post without mentioning Ablett chefmeister
lol, entire Ablett family living rent free in his scone. No wonder he’s so annoyed at them, they probably keep him awake all night. :tearsofjoy:

Is the time frame enough to regenerate after both Selwoods and a couple of others go?
I could have it wrong (and stand to be corrected) but Wells has traded a fair few picks off the top of my head for this current list. Stability is good, that’s a positive. I would be interested to know what the expectations are around the appointment. To try and stay up or bottom out a bit. Dunno.

We won't bottom out by choice.

President, CEO, List Manager, and former President are all on record as not believing in the need to hit rock bottom.
Dare say Free Agency affects that thinking.

Haha the Geelong board have lost their marbles.

Chris Scott has gone as far as he can go and what rabbit is he going to pull out of the hat after the Ablett experiment becomes a failure without a premiership win ?

It hasn't become a failure you dimwit.

If we went all out it and traded Tim Kelly or packaged Parfitt and Stewart or something it would be relevant. We didn't, so it's not.

Just get back to your Steven Motlop charity wankathon and go flog over his Mad Monday performance at Alberton next week and reflect on how much the match winner improved his new club.

Tit.

But why is that a criticism to Scott? Happens to a lot of teams. Franklin went to Sydney but it's not as if there are entire threads about how lucky Horse is. How many players have hawthorn recruited that have helped them win their flags? Would they have won any if the three if Burgoyne or Lake don't go over and play with them? And what if Tom Mitchell decided to stay put, would they be anywhere near the 8? And yet Clarkson is a great coach.

Between Clangerfield, people stating Selwood isn't that good a captain, and Scott being a terrible coach, the rest if the competition must be downright terrible then if Geelong are competing for finals. The way people criticise Chris Scott it's like Geelong are dead last and about to win their third wooden spoon. And God forbid they might miss their second final series in like twelve years, he should be shot.

I like scott, but was a bit on the fence about his abilities, you swayed me, well played.

We won't bottom out by choice.

President, CEO, List Manager, and former President are all on record as not believing in the need to hit rock bottom.
Dare say Free Agency affects that thinking.

Yeah, that has to be the thinking. There’s a belief in the strength and depth of the list.

It is a failure when both club and player are on record for stating the motivation for the move was to win a premiership :)

Almost every coach and player's motivation for any career decision is a premiership.

So literally any player that doesn't win a comp, has failed, and so has the club who signed him.

Melbourne keeping Robbie flower was a failure. Geelong getting Ablett Sr was a failure. Fyfe signing and resigning Fyfe is a failure. Hawthorn signing Paul Salmon was a failure.
Hawthorn signing tom Mitchell has, thus far, been a failure.
Jim Stynes was a failure.

Just go and comment on clubs you have any idea about. Ie none of them.

Back