Can GC turn this around?

What is the future of the GC Suns?

• They will eventually become successful and become a destination club.

Votes: 38 17.4%
  • They will be dissolved or moved by the AFL within the next ten years.

Votes: 66 30.3%
  • They will merge with a Melbourne club within ten years.

Votes: 9 4.1%
  • They will survive for years but will rarely make the finals.

Votes: 105 48.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I hope you do, I live in the Gold Coast and want to see them do well but some of the list changes that have been made this offseason have been mind boggling
this is probably the only one that is confusing. he is young and a proven ball winner.

You don't cut a player like that unless he is causing some inner tension either with coaches or teammates

Surprised they didn't shop him around, you'd think he'd be worth maybe a late second rounder or 3rd in a trade.

You could build a best 22 from delisted players that would beat the Suns IMO.

eth-dog You're good at these teams, Have a crack. :p

B: Sutcliffe Rowe Marsh
HB: Whitecross Goddard Pederson
C: Sheridan Barlow Hartung
HF Bugg Townsend Kerridge
F: Langford Menzel Blair
Foll: Campbell Lyons Honeychurch
Int: Neade Dea Bell Murdoch

Threw that together very quickly. It's pretty s**t apart from the forward line albeit without a tall forward. I'm sure someone can improve on this?

Cutting Lyons was actually a great call by the Suns.

The guy was a snake who was consistently challenging the authority of Dew and Swallow. He's similar to Brent Maloney. All the inside talent in the world doesn't make up for the cultural nightmare he was creating. Well done to Dew and the Suns for taking a strong stand :thumbsu:

The guy was a snake who was consistently challenging the authority of Dew and Swallow. He's similar to Brent Maloney. All the inside talent in the world doesn't make up for the cultural nightmare he was creating. Well done to Dew and the Suns for taking a strong stand :thumbsu:
Agreed, I like the fact they’ve made a hard call to benefit the club and create the right culture.

You got any receipts? Where is your proof?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why not try and at least get a draft pick for him though? Even next year's second or third rounder, just something.

Surely he improved his value at Gold Coast compared to his time at Adelaide.

Senpai Fagan will sort that right out. :)

With Miles, Swallow, Miller, Brodie plus Horlin-Smith, Fiorini, Ellis, Bowes and draft picks the Suns aren't exactly short of options to run through the middle. I guess it depends if you think Lyons was significantly better than Miles, Swallow and Miller really.

The real shame is the Suns surely could've got something like a future 3rd round pick out of a team during trade week which would help their list build. It's poor list management really.

With Miles, Swallow, Miller, Brodie plus Horlin-Smith, Fiorini, Ellis, Bowes and draft picks the Suns aren't exactly short of options to run through the middle. I guess it depends if you think Lyons was significantly better than Miles, Swallow and Miller really.

The real shame is the Suns surely could've got something like a future 3rd round pick out of a team during trade week which would help their list build. It's poor list management really.
What would we have done with a 3rd rounder?

You don't cut a player like that unless he is causing some inner tension either with coaches or teammates

Surprised they didn't shop him around, you'd think he'd be worth maybe a late second rounder or 3rd in a trade.
Sounds more like he asked to leave.
I don't believe he was 'cut'.

He just realised how bad the GC truly are and decided he would get more success at the Lions.

The AFL is in denial about the Gold Coast. They are a basket case.
Forget about the so called underage participation numbers. This club is stuffed. A joke. Nothing more than a fixture item.
The most irrelevant professional sporting team on earth.

Who is Horlin Smith?

Authority of Swallow?
Swallow isnt even captain.
I thought it was May and Lynch up until now.

Sounds more like he asked to leave.
I don't believe he was 'cut'.

He just realised how bad the GC truly are and decided he would get more success at the Lions.

The AFL is in denial about the Gold Coast. They are a basket case.
Forget about the so called underage participation numbers. This club is stuffed. A joke. Nothing more than a fixture item.
The most irrelevant professional sporting team on earth.
God your full of positivity.

Back