Can Gold Coast win the flag within 3 years?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
they said the same when Eade was appointed for 3 years

"he'll get them into finals and have them contending".

Did not even see out his 3 year contract.

Sure Richmond was given an arm chair ride to a flag after finishing 13th, so anything is possible. But the Gold Coast don't have the luxury of the MCG being their home ground and being gifted finals there against higher ranked opponents who aren't MCG tenants.

they said the same when Eade was appointed for 3 years

"he'll get them into finals and have them contending".

Did not even see out his 3 year contract.

Sure Richmond was given an arm chair ride to a flag after finishing 13th, so anything is possible. But the Gold Coast don't have the luxury of the MCG being their home ground and being gifted finals there against higher ranked opponents who aren't MCG tenants.

Your tears are delicious

How would that help them in the next three years? Might help them if they're looking to peak in 2025...
If you actually read my post instead of quoting just a part of it to support that comment you would realise i said 3 years was an unrealistic goal.

If they continue to throw away valuable picks and players for peanuts, then I'm not going to take them very seriously.

Coaching and Management teams need to be solid and stand their ground more. Simply having kids on the list doesn't mean a bright future.

If Gold Coast finish last this year they will likely have pick 1 and pick 2 in one of the strongest drafts in 20 years. That should help a bit.
Pick 2 from Lynch or pick 2 from PP?

I can see the AFL handing them a start-of-first PP. Thus 1-2-3.

Stranger things have happened, you cant deny the young talent on their list. Id say very unlikely to win a flag in 3 years but theres no reason they cant improve this year compared to last year and finish 12th-16th (well there is a reason that is the fact they dont play a home game until round 10 or what ever but that could be a blessing in disguise for the playing group.

Then in 2019 push for a top 8 spot or atleast top 12 and then in 2020 maybe top 6.

Id say in reality at the earliest 2021 they could be in flag contention but thats assuming everything goes right.

No way will they get a start of first PP. They wouldn't even give that to Brisbane who have been poor for way longer.

Plus there's no world in which losing Lynch even for pick 2 is a good thing. Lynch is the kind of player you dream about getting for pick 2.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you'd been on Mars for the last two seasons and saw the premiership teams you would think you'd come back to the alternate 1985, so yes, anyone can win it within three years.

When they first started they were given the same concessions as GWS , It would be fair to say that GWS list management has been far better . I don't see their list management has improved , I mean Pick 2 for Weller (i rest my case )So for that reason no

Very unlikely. They are technically an AFL side who have had more low draft picks than any club in history. GWS started climbing the ladder and played two final series.

If the Lions didnt get any how can Gold Coast?

Can they win within 3 years?

No.

Any team in the comp can win a flag within 3 years if everything falls into place.
Change that to 5 and I agree with you.

3 years is a really short turn around if you are starting really far back,

Any team can make the finals within 3 years if everything falls into place, and can win a flag in 5 :thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back