Can Hawthorn succeed while ignoring the elite end of the draft?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sorry, that part was actually directed at matey because he wanted to say Worpel was better because he did not wilt in finals like Bont did. I was simply showing him that the only time Worpel played finals he wilted. (And your point about his games is valid)

Personally I think Worpel is going to be a 200+ games player who tiptoes the line between very good and elite.

Can people read on BF and stop putting words into other people’s mouths. What I said was at the same age, same nu of games Worpel s###s over the Bont.

Statistically and by winning a b&f. A b&f is miles ahead of any rising star or best first year or second year player award.

Show me where I said that Worpel was better in finals? All I said was that the Bont was soft. In his last finals appearance the GWS tactics worked a treat and that these tactics would never work against a tough nut like Worpel.

Please watch closely for the future Worpel is built for finals. Put a ball between him and any other player ..... good luck. Beating Henderson in the B&F is only the start 😄.

You lost me right here. And you claim to know footy.
Lost you? You never intended to change your mind to begin with. As far as people like you are concerned, Worpel is already a superstar champion legend top 5 player in the competition. If you were held at gunpoint and told to change your mind, you still probably wouldn't...

Was actually Stringer who turned the game that night. Just before you shipped him off to the Dons for a packet of chips 🤷‍♂️
It's funny seeing people like you try to shift the focus off Bont with a petty attempt to pump up Stringer.

Bont destroyed your mob that night, and he especially slaughtered Hodge in his last final as a Hawthorn player. Nothing you say will change that. Some of his big plays on the night even made his end of season highlights package:

Wait wait wait........worpels better than bontempelli now?????
Jesus the "legend" of this kid just gets more mythical by the month.

In relation to the question ,of course they can ,when they keep bringing in free agents the quality of stephen coniglio!!
Where did someone say Worpel is currently a better player...

Also weak troll attempt on Coniglio

Show me where I said that Worpel was better in finals? All I said was that the Bont was soft. In his last finals appearance the GWS tactics worked a treat and that these tactics would never work against a tough nut like Worpel.
😄.
Worpel looks a ripper, but you probably should wait until he's good enough to get a hatd tag before you boast about him destroying taggers.

Are they adding Hartley as well? In 2 years time, they,'re going to have added about 20 blokes onto their list and they'll all be 28 years old. It's either going to go down as genius or a bloody disaster. As much as I hate Hawthorn, I do love that they are sticking their finger up at prevailing wisdom and kind of hope it doesn't flop. Only kind of though, the other parts of me hope it's a complete train wreck.

In relation to the question ,of course they can ,when they keep bringing in free agents the quality of stephen coniglio!!
My favourite post was the one boasting that Worpel was magnificent enough to beat out the great Ricky Henderson for the B&F.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lost you? You never intended to change your mind to begin with. As far as people like you are concerned, Worpel is already a superstar champion legend top 5 player in the competition. If you were held at gunpoint and told to change your mind, you still probably wouldn't...

It's funny seeing people like you try to shift the focus off Bont with a petty attempt to pump up Stringer.

Bont destroyed your mob that night, and he especially slaughtered Hodge in his last final as a Hawthorn player. Nothing you say will change that. Some of his big plays on the night even made his end of season highlights package:

Now you're potting Hodge. 4 flags and 2 Norms says he doesn't give a s**t.

Are they adding Hartley as well? In 2 years time, they,'re going to have added about 20 blokes onto their list and they'll all be 28 years old. It's either going to go down as genius or a bloody disaster. As much as I hate Hawthorn, I do love that they are sticking their finger up at prevailing wisdom and kind of hope it doesn't flop. Only kind of though, the other parts of me hope it's a complete train wreck.
Hartley's 26. And we're still yet to sign him.

Can you read? They said at the same age.
Then you reference Cogs. Are you 10?

Flat earth was prevailing wisdom once. Time to move on

This thread is the Seinfeld of BigFooty, it keeps generating page after page about nothing
It's just TheBigB's turn. Next week it will be one of bigfootys other wonderful posters.

Attacking Worpel is the new thing, I for one welcome any negative comments to be directed his way. Will make for some fun bumps when it's my turn.

Last edited:
Hartley's 26. And we're still yet to sign him.
26, Same age as brad hill.

Let them come, the sheer amount of doubling down is glorious. I for one cannot wait.

Well, you have your opinion, the coaches have theirs...

Mitchell > Bontempelli

Two can play this game.

Nice join date by the way. I wonder who’s alias account this belongs to. :$

Just like Hawks were (Mitchell) in 2019. Even then it was a very 'unucky' 9th. Most prediction sites still had Hawthorn 4th/5th in line for the flag in the last round even though they were sitting 10th and needed results to go their way.

There isn't a single team that sits comfortable above the field - Richmond would be closest but even they have some matchups they struggle against.
Omg you had an injury. Big deal. Every team has injuries. I've never heard a team of supporters whinge so much about an injured player. Move on.

Omg you had an injury. Big deal. Every team has injuries. I've never heard a team if supporters whinge so much about an injured player. Move on.

Except no team was missing their number one player for the entire season.

Hey how is Tom Papley going for the Blues? LOL

Except no team was missing their number one player for the entire season.

Hey how is Tom Papley going for the Blues? LOL
"No" team huh. As a Carlton supporter we have missed our co-captain, former best and fairest and All Australian defender for two bloody years but you don't see Carlton posters mention it in every bloody post. Why? Because every team gets injuries. Every team loses their best players. West Coast with Nic Nat, GWS have been decimated, Richmond with Rance. Seriously find me a team from the past three years who hasnt lost key players to injuries. Maybe Brisbane?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back