Can Hawthorn succeed while ignoring the elite end of the draft?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
When their season was on the line Hawthorn lost to Essendon and North to effesctively end their 2019 campaign. Once they were effectively knocked out and the pressure was lifted they beat some teams higher up on the ladder.

Basically the signs of a mentally weak group.

Dare I say it.

How very Essendon of them.
It does bring into sharp focus that Essendon performed better than Hawthron this season

It does bring into sharp focus that Essendon performed better than Hawthron this season
Absolutely they were slightly more consistent over the course of the year 2019. We shall see if that iwill be true next year

Internally Hawthorn have project two flags in the next four years.

For what it’s worth they’ve typically hit their targets so I look forward to this thread becoming another monologue of failed posts...
I'm sure there's many clubs aiming for the same thing with the same hopeful timeframe. The probability of 2 flags before the end of 2023 is incredibly low and yet your smugness suggests it's a given. I do hope you're not a gambling man.

I'm sure there's many clubs aiming for the same thing with the same hopeful timeframe. The probability of 2 flags before the end of 2023 is incredibly low and yet your smugness suggests it's a given. I do hope you're not a gambling man.

What is it we have won? 1 flag every 4 years for the last 50 years?

I understand why we sometimes believe in ourselves.

If you continually come to s**t on someone, then call them smug for standing up for themselves.... well i wonder.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What is it we have won? 1 flag every 4 years for the last 50 years?

I understand why we sometimes believe in ourselves.

If you continually come to s**t on someone, then call them smug for standing up for themselves.... well i wonder.
Every club would have that ambition. I can't believe you have used the average here like your flags from the past mean anything to your chances in the next few years.

It's the standard "you'll see" argument these Hawks fans repeat as if they still think they have a young Franklin, Hodge, Roughy, Lewis, Mitchell, Rioli and Burgoyne running around. 2 flags in the next 4 years. * me LMAO. You'd be really lucky to pinch one with a number of sides currently ahead of you for 2020 at least, and then beyond is anyone's game, so at best you're a very low probability to do that, which was my original statement.

For a group of posters that routinely tell us "Hawks play everything close to the chest, nobody knows what Wrighty, Clarko and co are doing before they want you to," there sure is a lot of inside information regularly regurgitated by Hawks posters.

Last edited:
Every club would have that ambition. I can't believe you have used the average here like your flags from the past mean anything to your chances in the next few years.

It's the standard "you'll see" argument these Hawks fans repeat as if they still think they have a young Franklin, Hodge, Roughy, Lewis, Mitchell, Rioli and Burgoyne running around. 2 flags in the next 4 years. fu** me LMAO. You'd be really lucky to pinch one with a number of sides currently ahead of you for 2020 at least, and then beyond is anyone's game, so at best you're a very low probability to do that, which was my original statement.

tbh we were ridiculed when those guys were running around (burgoyne already 28btw). Threads like this are omnipresent

Hawthorn fans must have been shocked Essendon didn't win the flag this year, based on how we finished off last year. 7-3 after the bye and beat the premiers at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back