Can Hawthorn succeed while ignoring the elite end of the draft?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Look at the bigger picture too, they have 3 flags since they beat us in '63. We have 12, including 2 against them.

Facts and history are just so exquisite....

6 to 2 in total finals (89, 91, 00, 08, 13, 14
V 11, 16) and 4 to 0 in knock out finals too (89, 00, 08, 13 v donuts)

When it matters etc...

Given the mediocrity since 2015 - would yet another bottom 8 finish suggest perhaps things aren't so rosy?
I mean there comes a time where actual performance has to be taken into account
This is so true. Great point.

The last page has been Hawthorn supporters going on about how good they were 5 years ago. A lot has changed since then. Hawthorn were in the bottom 4 at stages in 2019... from top 4 to bottom 4 in the space of 16-17 rounds of footy is a big drop.

In my opinion Hawthorn supporters should get used to their team having to scrap for a finals spot with all the other mediocre teams. It's my honest belief that Hawthorn won't make finals in 2020 but I'm happy to be proven wrong. Let's see how they go.

This is so true. Great point.

The last page has been Hawthorn supporters going on about how good they were 5 years ago. A lot has changed since then. Hawthorn were in the bottom 4 at stages in 2019... from top 4 to bottom 4 in the space of 16-17 rounds of footy is a big drop.

In my opinion Hawthorn supporters should get used to their team having to scrap for a finals spot with all the other mediocre teams. It's my honest belief that Hawthorn won't make finals in 2020 but I'm happy to be proven wrong. Let's see how they go.
Translation: I am DESPERATE for Hawthorn not to be successful, and I was saying very similar things in ‘09 and ‘10....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Your boys are coming up to a decade without a flag. A mediocre year for you, and where does that leave Scott and co?
Why are you having a crack at Geelong? Your club is going down the exact same path of perpetual top-ups and stagnation.

That's my point- results rather than predictions mean everything
They're not comparable though, one's the past, the other's the future.

You can't argue Essendon will be s**t this year because they haven't won a final for 15 years, they'll be s**t this year for many other reasons!

Look at the bigger picture too, they have 3 flags since they beat us in '63. We have 12, including 2 against them.

Facts and history are just so exquisite....
Tig017 i think this might be for you.

At 4 clubs?

Maybe. Unless he gets an AFL appointed gig like Paul Roos to go and fix a basket case club I can't see him moving though. He's already a club GOAT coach I would have thought (or Jeans/Kennedy Sr) and has resources, structures etc. around him so why would he move? A sack full of cash? A challenge of dragging a team off the bottom? Seeing a list like St Kilda in the mid 2000s and knowing they should be performing better?

Jock McHale coached 38 seasons at one club. Maybe Clarkson will still be where is now in another 20 years... One angry dwarf and 200 solemn faces. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back