Can Hawthorn succeed while ignoring the elite end of the draft?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 28, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
He sees dead teams
1575188848195.gif

Nugett

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 2, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
“Recruit number one picks.....”
Lol, you sir are an idiot.

You do know that when one attempts humour, that there is the requirement laughter attached?
Your list is bland, a sand filled potholed highway, paint over cracks, a glass house....Clarkson is the rock, it’s only a matter of time now.
I’m enjoying watching the slow erosion.
👍

your right. With humour comes laughter. It’s why for the past 20 years between the months of October through to March when a Carlton supporter says or writes that Carlton will be in the top 8 next season, I laugh and laugh and laugh. I just love a good punch line. Long may Carlton supporters sense of humour continue.

gbatman

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 26, 2008
Behind You...
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Justice League
What holes should Clarko be looking at next 2/3 years if you don’t mind me asking?

Premiership quality key position players who will be a long term part of the said I think would be the main areas. Inside midfield seems ok. Smaller forwards are ok. Perhaps a bit of hard two way running from half back.

Jun 28, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Premiership quality key position players who will be a long term part of the said I think would be the main areas. Inside midfield seems ok. Smaller forwards are ok. Perhaps a bit of hard two way running from half back.
Wha? Small forwards? Pops is a grandad (but still love him) and Cyril retired.

F**k me

Youse on the outside know nuthin

Luv_our_club

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 14, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
We desperately need a young small forward to help Bruest. It is my biggest concern with our list.

Jul 13, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Hawthorn will not win another flag under Clarksons tutelage.
He’s done, the new school are here and the master is now a mere blot on the intel landscape.
I hope he enjoyed the snow this year as much he pretended to, because that will be his only highlight until he either jumps or gets pushed.
To be honest, I’ll kind of miss his snipey demeanour and gyprock angst.
👍

If only we were paying $1 million to a guy who couldnt get a game at GCS.

That would steer us in to the top 8.

Luv_our_club

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 14, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Hawthorn will not win another flag under Clarksons tutelage.
He’s done, the new school are here and the master is now a mere blot on the intel landscape.
I hope he enjoyed the snow this year as much he pretended to, because that will be his only highlight until he either jumps or gets pushed.
To be honest, I’ll kind of miss his snipey demeanour and gyprock angst.
👍

1575233475946.png

If only we were paying $1 million to a guy who couldnt get a game at GCS.

That would steer us in to the top 8.
Carlton fans giving their thoughts on list builds is extreme humor.

May as well get Gold Coast fans in here to talk about culture.

Jul 13, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn

And Adelaide talking about how poor our pre-seasons are.

We send kids to Kokoda and they cant even sit on a bus for 45 minutes.

Jun 14, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Day was a bit of a 'reach' was he not? went up the rankings closer to the draft (like Pickett) but was not that highly ranked for much the year iirc...

he may be, but his body type is a bit of a concern, cant believe how slim he is. Did not want him at the Tigers tbh. But who knows, might end up a unit like fyfe.

In a pool of Flanders, Green, Rowell, Aish etc. i think its a bit of a stretch to classify Day as 'elite' but each to his own. Was clarko getting sentimental?

furthermore im surprised how far maginness slid
Will Day should be a handy pick-up if he becomes something more than a general defender. Otherwise, I'll be comparing his progress to Will Gould.

I doubt they recruited him to be a general defender, though. Hawthorn are loaded with a lot of talented defenders. They just delisted Teia Miles who is the definition of a highly skilled kick built like a twig at 23 years old. Perhaps his recruitment could be insurance after Impey's injury?

Anyway, I think if he ends up as a tall midfielder he'd be more closely comparable to Pendlebury than to Fyfe. I noticed that Hawthorn's midfield looked like hot garbage until Wingard was thrown in there, being a very clean user of the ball. Maybe that's the type of role they see him playing in the future? I mean, obviously hoping he ends up as good as Pendlebury would be wishful thinking.

Marcel Proust

"Oohh WADA ooga booga" {Jul 11 2013}
Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
Will Day should be a handy pick-up if he becomes something more than a general defender. Otherwise, I'll be comparing his progress to Will Gould.

I doubt they recruited him to be a general defender, though. Hawthorn are loaded with a lot of talented defenders. They just delisted Teia Miles who is the definition of a highly skilled kick built like a twig at 23 years old. Perhaps his recruitment could be insurance after Impey's injury?

Anyway, I think if he ends up as a tall midfielder he'd be more closely comparable to Pendlebury than to Fyfe. I noticed that Hawthorn's midfield looked like hot garbage until Wingard was thrown in there, being a very clean user of the ball. Maybe that's the type of role they see him playing in the future? I mean, obviously hoping he ends up as good as Pendlebury would be wishful thinking.

I would much rather Gould, was hoping tigers would pounce but wasn't to be

blaisee

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 11, 2004
Punt Road
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
None

So if you go for Carlton , you could not have anything relevant to say on list builds, and if you go for Gold Coast you have no right to say anything on culture ?

You do realize that these big footy fans have not been involved with any decisions made ?

As a mod maybe you should not be saying this stuff. It adds nothing and is very immature

Pessimistic

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts HBF's Milk Crate - 70k Posts TheBrownDog
Sep 13, 2000
Melbourne cricket ground. Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks
My first opinion on you, still stands.

The days of sniping are done.
It worked well for the Master Sniper in having Hodge, Mitchell and Lewis, “glory days, in the wink of a young girls eye.....”
👍

Hawks werent sniping, its just that carlton were extremely soft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back