Can Hawthorn succeed while ignoring the elite end of the draft?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not 2015 anymore. Goodluck in 2020 I'm sure Hawthorn are a lock for top 4 and flags for the next few years with all this significant improvement because you are currently "not far off it".

Were you talking up Richmond towards the end of 2016 or were you pushing for a new coach ?

Be honest.

giphy.gif

Were you talking up Richmond towards the end of 2016 or were you pushing for a new coach ?

Be honest.
New coach.
And yes I am aware teams can go from expected to winners, but the opposite is also true where predictions can be accurate.
So if the point you are trying to make is that predictions might be wrong, then sure that's true, but it's true for all 18 clubs then and not just Hawthorn.

New coach.
And yes I am aware teams can go from expected to winners, but the opposite is also true where predictions can be accurate.
So if the point you are trying to make is that predictions might be wrong, then sure that's true, but it's true for all 18 clubs then and not just Hawthorn.

Predictions in the footy industry are almost always wrong.

Even looking back over time the footy industry is almost always wrong, which is actually impressive.

Tim Watson rated the top 10 players from the 2010 draft and managed to miss Jeremy McGovern and Isaac Smith. Found that one today. Made me laugh a fair bit.

Predictions in the footy industry are almost always wrong.

Even looking back over time the footy industry is almost always wrong, which is actually impressive.

Tim Watson rated the top 10 players from the 2010 draft and managed to miss Jeremy McGovern and Isaac Smith. Found that one today. Made me laugh a fair bit.
Tim Watson has always projected himself to be smarter than he is. A good trick until you wind up putting your foot in your mouth which he does more often than not.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What does succeed mean? Make finals or win premiership?

They probably won't make finals next year but it's possible

Poor okd hawks... pinning their hopes in a bunch of recycled injured B graders and a guy still recovering from a badly broken leg.

it might serve sone well to recall how nathan brown returned from a similiar injury.

Geelong lost to a team filled with recycled injured B graders. 🤣

Geelong lost to a team filled with recycled injured B graders. 🤣
Not much of an insult bro if you consider Geelong also lost to Richmond. Now there is a bunch of B graders if ever I have seen one. Thank Buddha for blokes like Martin or Rance to save Richmond’s hide.

Poor okd hawks... pinning their hopes in a bunch of recycled injured B graders and a guy still recovering from a badly broken leg.

it might serve sone well to recall how nathan brown returned from a similiar injury.
He’ll do better than that guy from geelong that went to Germany for some ox blood injections .
You know .... that guy that never played in a flag and watched on as his mates did ...that guy. Now what was his name?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back