Can Marquee save Liverpool's season?

Remove this Banner Ad

Has this been reported by anyone other than the Mirror yet? Echo, Guardian, Times etc are all saying he's left the England camp but none mention the severity of the injury or the number of games he's expected to miss.

It's a reasonable question to ask. Marquee seems to be their only fit and ok striker.

More likely to see us go back to the Coutinho, Sterling, Lallana front 3 than Balotelli to be anywhere near the starting XI. Was working pretty well for us before Sturridge came back.

More likely to see us go back to the Coutinho, Sterling, Lallana front 3 than Balotelli to be anywhere near the starting XI. Was working pretty well for us before Sturridge came back.
Why hasn't Rodgers played Sterling forward. What's with the RWB rubbish?

Why hasn't Rodgers played Sterling forward. What's with the RWB rubbish?

Victim of his versatility. Ideally we have Ibe at RWB and Coutinho & Sterling playing in behind Sturridge, Lallana on the bench. Ibe out means we needed to put one of Sterling or Lallana wide right with the other playing behind the striker, Sterling more capable of playing that role than Lallana due to his speed and strength. I'd personally prefer them to switch but I can understand the logic behind the selection.

It didn't work at all against you guys though because for the first time since we switched to the 3-4-3 we were soundly beaten in midfield and put on the back foot, therefore Sterling was actually playing more as a RB than a RW as we have typically been playing in this system. This isolated him and while he battled hard, it was very difficult for him to get involved in the game. Half time he was moved into attack behind Sturridge but Gerrard's red card meant that he almost immediately had to be moved back to wing back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Victim of his versatility. Ideally we have Ibe at RWB and Coutinho & Sterling playing in behind Sturridge, Lallana on the bench. Ibe out means we needed to put one of Sterling or Lallana wide right with the other playing behind the striker, Sterling more capable of playing that role than Lallana due to his speed and strength. I'd personally prefer them to switch but I can understand the logic behind the selection.

It didn't work at all against you guys though because for the first time since we switched to the 3-4-3 we were soundly beaten in midfield and put on the back foot, therefore Sterling was actually playing more as a RB than a RW as we have typically been playing in this system. This isolated him and while he battled hard, it was very difficult for him to get involved in the game. Half time he was moved into attack behind Sturridge but Gerrard's red card meant that he almost immediately had to be moved back to wing back.
Ibe is your best option at RWB?

And you paid 25 mils for a player who is ideally on your bench?

I love what Rodgers is doing

Lol!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back