Can Port win a premiership under Ken Hinkley?

Remove this Banner Ad

a few coaches under pressure along with Kens performance and outside noise of Ken only being signed until the end of 2025.
It would be smart for the president and the brains trust to extend Ken until 2027.
It’s a young group and they way he has taught the them to power through adversity (injuries umpires) is astonishing!

"I 'browsed' through the thread" ... you read 50 pages well enough to put the number of positives posts between 20 and 30. Quit the maskerade - you obviously read the whole thing with a preconceived notion of what you'd find, and were not disappointed. At least be honest about it.
I don't understand what point you're trying to make.

Yeah, I read through the thread and just shook my head at all the so-called Port "supporters"

It's unbelievable. It really is.

I reckon there is an element of social contagion there. i.e. people winding each other up to greater heights of indignation. Also younger noobs joining the pile-on so they can fit in. But you have to wonder about the true Port fans - the ones who go the game and actually get behind their boys. How many of them would have made a decision to steer clear and give the Port board a wide berth. If I was one of them, I wouldn't bother posting there either.

Following the footy is supposed to be fun. But for some entitled weirdos, they have zero perspective. They probably have nothing good in their lives and so they take all their frustrations and anger out on their football team. Quite sad, really.

Last edited:
I don't understand what point you're trying to make.

Yeah, I read through the thread and just shook my head at all the so-called Port "supporters"

It's unbelievable. It really is.

I reckon there is an element of social contagion there. i.e. people winding each other up to greater heights of indignation. Also younger noobs joining the pile-on so they can fit in. But you have to wonder about the true Port fans - the ones who go the game and actually get behind their boys. How many of them would have made a decision to steer clear and give the Port board a wide berth. If I was one of them, I wouldn't bother bother posting there either.

Following the footy is supposed to be fun. But for some entitled weirdos, they have zero perspective. They probably have nothing good going in their lives and so they take all their frustrations and anger out on their football team. Quite sad, really.

Don't forget the double think that exists where Carr is coach whenever they do something good, and Ken is coach whenever they do something bad.

I remember posting something in a Boak thread (maybe 300?) and I posted that he had been a great servant of the club. Port poster popped right up to say he was a loser and good riddance when he retires.

"I 'browsed' through the thread" ... you read 50 pages well enough to put the number of positives posts between 20 and 30. Quit the maskerade - you obviously read the whole thing with a preconceived notion of what you'd find, and were not disappointed. At least be honest about it.

He's not wrong, and it wasn't even a particularly bad Port match thread.

Don't forget the double think that exists where Carr is coach whenever they do something good, and Ken is coach whenever they do something bad.

I remember posting something in a Boak thread (maybe 300?) and I posted that he had been a great servant of the club. Port poster popped right up to say he was a loser and good riddance when he retires.
Quite a few of them have been really quick to tell me that Port won't win the flag and that Hinkley will never succeed.
[That's the way to get behind your team, Port nuffs. :$]

Maybe they are right. Hell, they probably are right. The odds are against every team winning the flag. Current premiership favourites, the Giants are rated as a 17% chance to win, meaning there is a 83% likelihood they won't.

If we draw a line under the current top 8 and say the other 10 teams have no chance, then here are the percentage chances of winning the flag according to Sportsbet.

Giants.......... 19.4%
Carlton......... 16.1%
Geelong........ 16.1%
Sydney......... 16.1%
Melbourne..... 12.1%
Collingwood.... 9.7%
Port Adelaide... 8.1%
Essendon........ 2.4%

The bookies think Port are an 8% chance of winning the premiership. That's something. They are right in the mix. Supporters of 11 other clubs would kill to be in the mix with an 8% chance. Normal footy fans get excited about that and dream of winning the flag. But not the entitled Port fans on Big Footy. They are more negative about their team than Crows and Hawks fans. :drunk:

Last edited:
They all started in on Hinkley from the outset, blaming him for Port's 1st qtr inaccuracy (1 goal, 8 behinds)
As though Kenny has any control over his players' kicking for goal... (SMH.. Absolute muppets)
What's your explanation for Rioli, Dixon and Finlayson all going from 70% goalkickers at their previous clubs to 60% and 50% goalkickers under Hinkley? Could it be something to do with our forward structure which posters on Bigfooty have been calling out for years, or the way our coaches mentally prepare us for games which posters on Bigfooty have also been calling out for years? Nah, probably just a coincidence that keeps happening over and over again.

What's your explanation for Rioli, Dixon and Finlayson all going from 70% goalkickers at their previous clubs to 60% and 50% goalkickers after Hinkley? Could it be something to do with our forward structure which posters on Bigfooty have been calling out for years, or the way our coaches mentally prepare us for games which posters on Bigfooty have also been calling out for years? Nah, probably just a coincidence that keeps happening over and over again.
Sack Hinkley :drunk:

Yes, this is about the usual level of argument I expect from Hinkley defenders in the face of the evidence.

None of those players are all that good - however:

This week is the forward structure
Last week it was not wearing a headset on the boundary
The week before it would have been something else
And so on

I get the impression that more than few Port posters on here would rather their team lost than won.

None of those players are all that good
Good at what? Goalkicking? They were all very good at goalkicking before Hinkley started coaching them. Now none of them are.

Just a coincidence though right? he cAnT kIcK iT fOr eM, right? It couldn't be that the people who have been watching this club play each and every week have identified some consistent issues in our forward structure and mental application after over a decade under Hinkley that you as a casual observer haven't noticed, could it?

Good at what? Goalkicking?

They were all very good at goalkicking before Hinkley started coaching them. Now none of them are. Just a coincidence though right? he cAnT kIcK iT fOr eM, right?

Funny I haven't noticed the supporters of any other club seriously blaming their coach for the players not kicking straight.

Also haven't noticed GWS, Carlton or Pies supporters complaining that their coach does nothing because they don't wear a headset.

Or supporters of every other club filling their own match threads with hate for the coach.

Or supporters of other clubs rushing to hate post about the coach after - and during - a win.

Must be just coincidences though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Funny I haven't noticed the supporters of any other club seriously blaming their coach for the players not kicking straight.

Also haven't noticed GWS, Carlton or Pies supporters complaining that their coach does nothing because they don't wear a headset.

Or supporters of every other club filling their own match threads with hate for the coach.

Or supporters of other clubs rushing to hate post about the coach after - and during - a win.

Must be just coincidences though
No, that's not a coincidence. There's a reason for that. The reason is because Port fans dislike their coach more than any other team in the league. See? I can concede obvious points when confronted with the evidence that confirms them.

When you notice a pattern of behaviour like that, there's usually a reason for it. Just like there's a reason that all those players have significantly dipped in accuracy since Hinkley started coaching them. But if you want to keep believing it's a coincidence, go ahead, I couldn't care less what some casual who doesn't actually watch Port play thinks about my opinion as somebody who watches Port play every week.

Watching Port this year, the thing that stands out most is their inefficiency when entering the forward 50.
It's very similar to watching Melbourne play and I imagine it must be very frustrating for Port supporters.

Port's forward line coach is Chad Cornes so he is responsible for Port's forward 50 system, yet no one has criticised him for Port's inefficiency.
Where is the scrutiny?
It's been happening for 11 yrs one constant in the coaches box all that time.

Sent from my motorola edge 30 pro using Tapatalk

Kane Cornes has a boner for getting Bev fired even though we’ve won two interstate PFs and a flag but gives his old mate Kenneth a nice kiss on the pecker every time his faildad yet again shits the bed because he let him drag his career out an extra year or two.
The reason why Kane Cornes is so happy to defend Hinkley at all costs is because Chad Cornes is employed as an assistant coach by Port.
I doubt any other club would employ Chad Cornes in such capacity.

The reason why Kane Cornes is so happy to defend Hinkley at all costs is because Chad Cornes is employed as an assistant coach by Port.
I doubt any other club would employ Chad Cornes in such capacity.

I’d say that’s second to Kane genuinely loving Ken for letting him keep running around when he was past it. Go watch Kane’s retirement speech, he starts crying talking about how much he loves Ken.

I browsed through the match thread on the Port board.

50 pages and 1,200 posts of pure relentless negativity. From go to woah...

Maybe 20 or 30 positive posts from random well-adjusted Port fans which stand out like a beacon in a Sea of Toxicity

They all started in on Hinkley from the outset, blaming him for Port's 1st qtr inaccuracy (1 goal, 8 behinds)
As though Kenny has any control over his players' kicking for goal... (SMH.. Absolute muppets)

Bagging the coach, bagging nearly every player, threatening to quit following club, saying "I've had enough", etc

This is when they win a hard-fought close game, mind you. 5th place on the ladder with 5 wins and 2 losses.

Their carry on was exactly the same as the poor North fans after their 45 point loss to Hawthorn last week. At least, I can understand why the North fans would be so dispirited after getting belted in perhaps the one "winnable" game on their fixture and finding themselves winless in 18th place again. (their 5th successive year at rock bottom)

Port, by contrast, are premiership contenders for the 4th time in the past 5 years.

I can't believe these fickle clowns on the Port board actually call themselves "Port Adelaide supporters". They're the complete opposite of supporters. You see Channel 7's occasional shots of the mad, passionate Port fanatics in the crowd and the difference between them is palpable. You realise those in the crowd are the true Port supporters and most of the whinging sooks on the Port board are just angry, frustrated, basement-dwelling losers.
Would you want Ken Hinkley coaching Hawthorn?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back