Can Richmond go back to back? # Did overconfidence cost them against Collingwood #

Did overconfidence cost Richmond the win against Collingwood?

• yes

Votes: 75 61.5%
  • no

Votes: 47 38.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, now you just have to do it for the majority of the next 30 years.

You're nothing without Dusty Miagi, Barry son!

Hey Frank, contribute properly to the thread or GTFO. You post like a dickhead.

Sent from my iPhone using Righteous Man Power.

Lmao there may be a reason for that!

If it was funny i'd say play on, but it's just mindless dribbling s**t which glogs up the thread.
If only there was a group of people around on the main board who could control the input of threads......

If it was funny i'd say play on, but it's just mindless dribbling s**t which glogs up the thread.
If only there was a group of people around on the main board who could control the input of threads......

Yeah, but this is the Main board, so trolling Richmond in ways that would get posters infringements and threads either closed or sent to the bay immediately if it was any other team are completely acceptable, even encouraged.

The only real surprise is that the MB mods aren't in here sticking the boots in as well.

FMD 2 flags in 60 years and a Pies supporter is trumpeting their ‘superior success’.

At least the majority of our flags were won in the 70s/80s when the competition was reasonably competitive - as opposed to before electricity was invented and football was nothing more than a local park sport.

Pretty sure Hawthorn's draw is harder.
Hawthorn's fixture is so favourable and no-one seems to have noticed. I should work up a proper post about this, but they have an extreme imbalance in 2018 in terms of getting home games against interstate teams and away games against Melbourne teams.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawthorn's fixture is so favourable and no-one seems to have noticed. I should work up a proper post about this, but they have an extreme imbalance in 2018 in terms of getting home games against interstate teams and away games against Melbourne teams.

Yet our draw was considered by the media to be tougher than Geelong's and Richmond's. We play 3 top 8 teams twice despite not even finishing in the top 10. Essendon and the Dogs who finished higher than us only play 2 top 8 teams. The only advantage is no trips to Adelaide.

Yet our draw was considered by the media to be tougher than Geelong's and Richmond's. We play 3 top 8 teams twice despite not even finishing in the top 10. Essendon and the Dogs who finished higher than us only play 2 top 8 teams. The only advantage is no trips to Adelaide.
If you only look at who plays who twice, and assume everyone will be as strong or weak as they were in 2017, then yeah, the Hawks have a reasonably tough fixture for a 12th place finish. But in terms of where teams have to play, Hawthorn's fixture is the best in the league. I'll post some proper data later.

edit: Here --> https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/fixture-analysis-2018-home-ground-advantage.1187491/

Last edited:
How was it a Bradbury? The other 5 competitors in Bradbury's final Gold medal race all fell over and he cruized past for a surprise victory.
The Tiges finished the H&A 3rd, then went on to demolish teams 2, 4 and 1 in the finals.
Again, how was it a Bradbury?

Some BvS inspired quotes (as I rewatched on the weekend haha).

re 'Bradbury' comments (try and imagine Dimma's face replying to some Saxa salt opposition supporter frothing seawater at the mouth and with salty tears clouding their vision).
upload_2018-3-1_12-58-22.png

Another gem from Martha Kent Mrs. Hardwick
upload_2018-3-1_13-3-34.png

Some folks just can't wrap their head around why a club that was seen for years as a laughing stock has overtaken their club on-field and done something they are now jelly of I guess. It threatens their precious natural order of things. :D

If you only look at who plays who twice, and assume everyone will be as strong or weak as they were in 2017, then yeah, the Hawks have a reasonably tough fixture for a 12th place finish. But in terms of where teams have to play, Hawthorn's fixture is the best in the league. I'll post some proper data later.

Well last year was a very unusual year in how teams changed from the year before. But historically there are only minor changes year on year.

Or leapfrogged them.
I'd be pissed too if our coach couldn't coach.

Was trying to keep my post humble hombre - how can a basket case club go from 'being worse than Fitzroy' to premiers and within a whisker of 80k members. Does not compute!

upload_2018-3-1_14-36-33.png
^artist impression of a salty campaigner (note how the high salt levels have aged the skin).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back