Can Richmond still be a contender this season?

Where will Richmond finish at the end of the H&A season?

• 1-4

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • 5-8

Votes: 60 45.8%
  • Miss Finals

Votes: 45 34.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Hard to get a 4th outcome with ladder predictor. Either 3rd and heading to WA with the double chance or 5th and facing Pies/Crows/Hawks elimination.
Is just the ladder predictor though :cool:.

edit

Last edited:
Hard to get a 4th outcome with ladder predictor. Either 3rd and heading to WA with the double chance or 5th and facing Pies/Crows/Hawks elimination.
Is just the ladder predictor though :cool:.

edit
Have found some scenarios to finish 4th over 3rd or 5th but require a loss to Pies, WC or Brisbane.
Don't mind me I've got too much time on my hands :shoutyoldman:.

we tank rd23 to finish 4th

OMG!!! Imagine the salt if we did a little like Norph did to us in 2015. We just cruise in the final round and let the Brions get up. The cats bust their asses to beat the tankers and get an injury or two. We know full well we play them the first week of finals at the G but they can't lose or they are forced to go to WA. Delicious!

OMG!!! Imagine the salt if we did a little like Norph did to us in 2015. We just cruise in the final round and let the Brions get up. The cats bust their asses to beat the tankers and get an injury or two. We know full well we play them the first week of finals at the G but they can't lose or they are forced to go to WA. Delicious!
i did the ladder predictor and got this scenario too

better than wanktube.com

Yeah but were gonna be 1-8 at the same point

I was thinking about you after the port game. How are your thoughts about our turn around ? Generally interested mate as you were really strong in us not being able to climb out of the injury hole. So what are your thoughts ? Have we surprised you ? etc

I was thinking about you after the port game. How are your thoughts about our turn around ? Generally interested mate as you were really strong in us not being able to climb out of the injury hole. So what are your thoughts ? Have we surprised you ? etc
Absolutely surprised, and despite what some people say im thrilled. I still reckon our midfield is pretty poo but we managed to eek enough wins to stay in touch, and are about where we thought we'd be preseason. Still reckon we are 4th in line for the flag but that's better than 14th.

I reckon the port and freo wins were what turned it around a bit. Lose those and heads drop and we probably do go close to being only a couple wins by halfway. A few players stood up more than youd expect (ellis, prestia, soldo) to get us through, a few young guys performed better than you'd expect, and grimes is a beast. Hoili is also staving off father time better than I'd thought he would.

Interview with Ben Darwin from Gain Line Analytics re why teams are successful.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-07-24/listen-three-teams-eight-flags-one-key-ingredient

Quite interesting, although obviously a sell job to AFL teams (the last question).

But the Tigers approach is almost exactly what he is saying really successful teams do over time. So good to hear that from his analytical perspective our approach is the right one.
Yeah listening to this guy spruik his insights all i could think off was that's Richmond...VFL club feeding into the AFL club that's Richmond...stable management been together that's Richmond...same as the coaches...Back defensive six that are so cohesive and strong that's Richmond again!
One soldier in and one soldier out mantra this year when we were cruelled with injury that the system is so good that it can keep going without some of it's stars and rely on VFL replacements...that's Richmond again!
From his insights it's amazing what you see in the AFL environment...
Makes me think that Brissy with their new recruiting philosophy...recruit young players that were team mates together...to mitigate the go home factor is smart!
Reckon Brissy will be the team to watch rise...
Reckon Cartoon will continue to churn players and admin until it makes hard nosed decision about being either an AFL club or a rich man's play toy!
Reckon Melbum will either stay and battle it out with coach and players or implode with frustration from fan expectations...
Norff are a tight team that need to take the next step with player development/success..whether they have the time to do it before the creditors come knocking
is another thing!

Last edited:
Yeah listening to this guy spruik his insights all i could think off was that's Richmond...VFL club feeding into the AFL club that's Richmond...stable management been together that's Richmond...same as the coaches...Back defensive six that are so cohesive and strong that's Richmond again!
One soldier in and one soldier out mantra this year when we were cruelled with injury that the system is so good that it can keep going without some of it's stars and rely on VFL replacements...that's Richmond again!
From his insights it's amazing what you see in the AFL environment...
Makes me think that Brissy with their new recruiting philosophy...recruit young players that were team mates together...to mitigate the go home factor is smart!
Reckon Brissy will be the team to watch rise...
Reckon Cartoon will continue to churn players and admin until it makes hard nosed decision about being either an AFL club or a rich man's play toy!
Reckon Melbum will either stay and battle it out with coach and players or implode with frustration from fan expectations...
Norff are a tight team that need to take the next step with player development/success..whether they have the time to do it before the creditors come knocking

Yeah, if his insights are actually genuinely solid, then we should keep on top for a while yet.

I thought of the Hawks a bit. They've changed things up a lot and seem to have suffered a bit. Will they come back or is the Clarko magic overrated compared to the stable high performance environment of the club. i.e. their recent changes will take quite a while to bed down.

Also for our recruitment maybe less is more at the moment. Develop who we have and don't go chasing stars until we have a bit more space and a very stable environment to bring someone in.

And Carlton are almost the anti whatever his golden rule is. If they aren't careful they will start to go around the plug hole again.

Reckon the Suns are actually trying to got he correct route. But they have years of poor culture to fix.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

:thumbsu:
can Markov replicate Towna 2017 heroics ?....boy oh boy that would be delicious

I think JR has taken that role for himself this year :p

Guy comes into the team late playing a second fiddle forward role to the main man. Strong defensive pressure, capable of kicking goals and freeing up the main man.

Just possibly a bit of an upgrade on Towna. :think: 714925

:thumbsu:

I think JR has taken that role for himself this year :p

Guy comes into the team late playing a second fiddle forward role to the main man. Strong defensive pressure, capable of kicking goals and freeing up the main man.

Just possibly a bit of an upgrade on Towna. :think: View attachment 714925
Early days yet! Towna has the runs on the board!

I don’t remember the last time a side that rested in Round 23 won the Premiership though. We didn’t win the Premiership in 2017 by doing that either, so momentum > strategically resting.

Duck is on the Tiger Train

I agree with him that our list is actually better this year. We actually have aerial presence this year and can play multiple ways. Don’t know if we’re by far the best team though. West Coast, Geelong and Brisbane are decent sides too.

Carey’s been on our bandwagon for a while now

Back