Can Richmond still be a contender this season?

Where will Richmond finish at the end of the H&A season?

• 1-4

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • 5-8

Votes: 60 45.8%
  • Miss Finals

Votes: 45 34.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Wankley and King rubbing one out when they said it .

Refuse to listen to these two tossers . Whatley is a sanctimonious ABC hack ( straight out of the Tim Lane school of killjoys ) and King somehow gets more AirPlay than AMP and the Big 4 Banks for getting things wrong . If I was so wrong on so many times in my job I’d be hauled before ASIC. I think that by Round 16 they’ll be saying what a remarkable job the tigers have done in staying in the finals window . We must remain patient . We will be known as Brave Richmond.....

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Don’t know how you’re all optimistic...we got belted by middling teams, our best players are missing a quarter of the season or the whole season and we have zero depth. We will finish close to the bottom. The s**t teams of past are starting to improve and will have belief they can beat us in our weakened state. Just be prepared for the long season ahead because it won’t be pretty.

Judd said are game plan is outdated and if there is a player that knows how to unlock our game plan its him. (thank eff he is retired)

So i will back his assessment. Not only is outdated it doesn't suit the players that we have out there. The problem is now that Hardwick doesn't adapt quickly enough in the game and as a whole. Credit to him he created a game plan that worked and our team was lucky with injury and we won a premiership.

Not sure if Hardwick can change this team enough to make us contenders again. If he does he would go down as a great coach. Would love some one like Judd on our coaching staff. I think he could do wonders for Martin

2019 is shot. We have walked under a ladder while breaking a mirror with a black cat.In a strange way think of the positives this could deliver in 2020.

We get to blood lots of the youth. They will now get game time which was pretty hard when we were sitting on top and injury free. We will see exactly what we have in stock. We will also go into 2020 with a much easier draw. I would highly doubt this injury toll is going to happen again at this rate next year. Add Lynch with a year and a preseason under his belt. He is only going to get better. This year is going to suck and unfortunately that can't be helped at the moment. Any club would suffer if they had our injury toll.

The cup may not be half full but the 2020 premiership cup very well might be. Fact is we are a good side at full strength.

We absolutely still can, its 3 games in and we have copped bullshit injuries.

If we manage to steal 1 of the games v poort or v sydney we are 2-3 with Cotch, Dusty and Riewoldt all potentially back.

In the mean time we get to blood some kids and see who is/isnt up to it.

Already Stack has shown he is right at home in the big league, now lets see if Ross plus whoever else can step up.

If we play our cards right it could be a blessing in disguise, luckily for us a few of our fellow "contenders" are also struggling.

I'd say top 4 is gone and top 8 is looking very shaky.

Having said that it's a weird and even year - just look at the top of the ladder. Come home with a wet sail (as I hope we will) and who knows?

Rance gone for season, Cotchin out for a month at most, Dusty gone for next 2 weeks, Short out, Grigg out, Lynch still underdone and trying to gell with a few of the younger blokes struggling to find form. New rules and trying to adjust to them....

I don't see us as contenders this year. But it's a good opportunity to get games into the younger players and get a system that works with the new rules.

We will lose the next two games and probably by the same margins as the last fornight. The postive thing to take out of those games is that we were still in it until the last quarter for both games. Even with the form we are in.

Rance gone for season, Cotchin out for a month at most, Dusty gone for next 2 weeks, Short out, Grigg out, Lynch still underdone and trying to gell with a few of the younger blokes struggling to find form. New rules and trying to adjust to them....

I don't see us as contenders this year. But it's a good opportunity to get games into the younger players and get a system that works with the new rules.

We will lose the next two games and probably by the same margins as the last fornight. The postive thing to take out of those games is that we were still in it until the last quarter for both games. Even with the form we are in.
Prolly a tad under done too in the pre season training to avoid last Season's fade out...
It's the perfect storm ladies and Gentleman...
We have been hit!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apart from the dogs name me one side that has won it from 5-8 in the modern era. Never mentioned anything about tanking either. Just a simple statement.
Name me one side that has won the flag after finishing 13th the year before. Name me one side that has won the flag having not won a final in 16 years.
Name me one 5th gamer to kick 3 goals in a GF.

Didn’t stop us in 2017, won’t stop us in 2019. If we’re playing the best footy in September, we can win the flag from anywhere.

I will be difficult from here with the outs, we need an injection of youth and energy to propel us back into that relentless pressure and dare that we showed in '17 imo.

Just have to get in the 8, only one not likely to be back then is rance.

We will have had a season with lynch, half a season with jack and lynch together and a season of Sydney stack.

Can win from 8th. Depends on where the losses came from. I’m ok with losing a few early

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes...

Currently 1 from 2

Jack cotch Houli dusty out for 3-4....so

If we win 2 from those 4

we will be 3-6....

.....ready to launch an assault with almost all of the band back together ( except Rance)

Win another 12-13 from 17 and we are balls deep into the finals

Go tigers

we'll be 3-4 if we win 2 of our next 4 :)

remember we were 5-4 in 2017
after the st.kilda loss....no one rated us
after the swans game....same old tiges

2017 we were no chance......premiers
2018 we were gonna crumble ............minor premiers
2018 we were locks for the flag.................lose prelim

enjoy the ride

Back