Can Richmond still be a contender this season?

Where will Richmond finish at the end of the H&A season?

• 1-4

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • 5-8

Votes: 60 45.8%
  • Miss Finals

Votes: 45 34.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes.

In other news, Richmond has played two finals sides out of their three games. That has a material impact on perception.

Between round 6 and round 11 Richmond play; Melbourne, Dogs, Freo, Hawthorn, Bombers and North. Getting out of that with four wins is expected and all games are winnable.

Absolutely
We can easily be 3-3 after 6, just like 2013. In 2013 we finished 15-7, which missed the 4 that year but would have been enough for 3rd in both 2017 and 2018. Our best footy is still good enough, we’re just not showing much of it right now. Which is fine because last I checked, flags aren’t won in April.

I don’t know right now. Getting thrashed is not a new concept for Richmond when we are successful. Our biggest losses in 2017 were 76 and 67 and our biggest losses in 2018 were 47 and 36. The only thing is that it has happened twice by Round 3 and we didn’t really get thrashed back to back in the last two years.

Right now we have already posted 49 and 44 so far this season. Was the GWS game the last of the thrashings for the season or is it something that will happen often this year?

It depends on that in my opinion because we know that Richmond is not really a side that smashes other sides all that often. If it is the end of thrashings then I believe the top 4 is still open to us. If not, then the cusp of the 8 or missing finals is what I am expecting.

We can’t afford another comfortable loss against Port Adelaide this week though. If we do, then that is the top 4 done in my opinion.

I'm still a believer.

We are getting all of our bad luck and poor form out of the way early, whether by design or fluke but will come together in a few weeks and come home strong.
Will finish 5th or 6th and make at least a Prelim.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I laughed when SEN said we are a 4 man team when we have a heap more than 4 injured,all premiership players.
Least we got done by a side who has top 4 credentials.
Spotlight should be on softdees.

Least we got done by a side who has top 4 credentials.
Spotlight should be on softdees.

Giants are equal flag favs with the Eagles right now also Geelong with the new rules and our team took em to 3 and a bit quarters with 2 men down on the day.

I don’t know right now. Getting thrashed is not a new concept for Richmond when we are successful. Our biggest losses in 2017 were 76 and 67 and our biggest losses in 2018 were 47 and 36. The only thing is that it has happened twice by Round 3 and we didn’t really get thrashed back to back in the last two years.

Right now we have already posted 49 and 44 so far this season. Was the GWS game the last of the thrashings for the season or is it something that will happen often this year?

It depends on that in my opinion because we know that Richmond is not really a side that smashes other sides all that often. If it is the end of thrashings then I believe the top 4 is still open to us. If not, then the cusp of the 8 or missing finals is what I am expecting.

We can’t afford another comfortable loss against Port Adelaide this week though. If we do, then that is the top 4 done in my opinion.

Mate, last weekend our backline was missing Rance, Grimes, Houli and Short. That’s 4 of our starting 6. We can’t cover it that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I laughed when SEN said we are a 4 man team when we have a heap more than 4 injured,all premiership players.
It's more than that.

It's the entire leadership group. It's half our backline and half of our starting midfield quarter.

If you take out Selwood, Dangerfield, Taylor, Stewart, Touhy, and Hawkins does anyone think Geelong would be 3-0?

I think we need to concentrate on winning enough games to make the 8. I don't like our chances of top 4 with the way we are currently playing. Hopefully the players still have the belief and a lot will depend on whether we can recapture our winning game style once we get some of our players back. I think we are playing too loose currently and our manic pressure is missing. If our winning game style can return on the eve of finals then it could get interesting but it will still mean we will need to win interstate which could be the stumbling block. It will be interesting, none the less.

Back