Can Richmond still be a contender this season?

Where will Richmond finish at the end of the H&A season?

• 1-4

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • 5-8

Votes: 60 45.8%
  • Miss Finals

Votes: 45 34.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

After the bye this is our draw.

Round 15: St Kilda at Marvel Stadium, Sunday June 30 at 1.10pm (Away)
Round 16: Gold Coast Suns at Metricon Stadium, Saturday July 6 at 2.10pm (Away)
Round 17: GWS Giants at MCG, Sunday July 14 at 1.10pm (Home)
Round 18: Port Adelaide at MCG, Saturday July 20 at 1.45pm (Home)
Round 19: Collingwood at MCG, Friday July 26 at 7.50pm (Away)
Round 20: Melbourne at MCG, Saturday August 3 at 7.25pm (Away)
Round 21: Carlton at MCG, Sunday August 11 at 3.20pm (Home)
Round 22: West Coast Eagles at MCG, Sunday August 18 at 1.10pm (Home)
Round 23: Brisbane Lions at MCG, Time and Date TBC (Home)

You would say we should beat saints and gold coast. We then have all of our games at the G, hopefully with the majority of our main side on the park. It is the perfect setup for a serious run for the flag. 8 weeks at the home of finals, 8 weeks to build some serious emotional type momentum. If we beat the pies for example and then WC 2 weeks out of the finals, watch the media pump us up and the tiger train will be in full swing. We do that, and I have zero doubt we will make a PF and then anything can happen.

The key for us in the next block of games.

Round 8: Fremantle at Optus Stadium, Sunday May 12 at 5.20pm (Away) - WIN 5-3
Round 9: Hawthorn at MCG, Saturday May 18 at 3.20pm (Home)
Round 10: Essendon at MCG, Saturday May 25 at 7.25pm (Home)
Round 11: North Melbourne at Marvel Stadium, Friday May 31 at 7.50pm (Away)
Round 12: Geelong Cats at MCG, Friday June 7 at 7.50pm (Home)
Round 13: Adelaide Crows at Adelaide Oval, Thursday June 13 at 7.50pm

Outside of the crows who have smacked us at AO, the other 4 games are winnable. If we just win 50% of those games and lost to the crows we will be on 7-6 and then our G run starts. If we manage to beat either cats or crows and still drop a game or two we will be on 8-5 with a seconds side That is a fantastic launching pad.

Counting us out now and so early in the year is idiocy.

wonder if they will change the rules back if we win this year?

it's funny how the new rules have all failed miserably but they have barely talked about it or the low scoring. reckon if we were 7-0 with massive % but every other game was the same result as it has been this year they would be talking about changing the rules back already

We'd hear weekly: The ssssssstaaate of the gaaaaaammmme Robbo. (In Rodney Dangerfield impersonation voice)

You would say we should beat saints and gold coast. We then have all of our games at the G, hopefully with the majority of our main side on the park. It is the perfect setup for a serious run for the flag. 8 weeks at the home of finals, 8 weeks to build some serious emotional type momentum. If we beat the pies for example and then WC 2 weeks out of the finals, watch the media pump us up and the tiger train will be in full swing. We do that, and I have zero doubt we will make a PF and then anything can happen.

Outside of the crows who have smacked us at AO, the other 4 games are winnable. If we just win 50% of those games and lost to the crows we will be on 7-6 and then our G run starts. If we manage to beat either cats or crows and still drop a game or two we will be on 8-5 with a seconds side That is a fantastic launching pad.

T71 has a ghost writer now, this grammar is far too accurate to be him.:p

Love ya work mate.

We will smash the Crows.

Looking at our run home and the likely returns from injury.....

1558331474705.png
All the blue games you could argue are 50/50. The games I'm concerned about are Geelong and Collingwood.....and maybe Adelaide (just because it's at AO). We need to win at least one of these games to make top 4 imo! What does everyone think?

Also, with our returns, I think Cotch, Riewoldt and Nank are the only certain inclusions when fit (and Rance if that little miracle does happen). Sooooo.....fully fit, what does our best 22 look like?

View attachment 677437
All the blue games you could argue are 50/50. The games I'm concerned about are Geelong and Collingwood.....and maybe Adelaide (just because it's at AO). We need to win at least one of these games to make top 4 imo! What does everyone think?

Also, with our returns, I think Cotch, Riewoldt and Nank are the only certain inclusions when fit (and Rance if that little miracle does happen). Sooooo.....fully fit, what does our best 22 look like?

I think Geelong & Collingwood are the 2 games we will drop
We Definitely beat brisbane @ G
A good chance to beat WC @ G
GWS is 50/50
Adelaide is the unknown. if we're switched on, we win comfortably.

I wonder ... at what point do we start thinking of some of our fill in encumbents as players not 'holding the fort' but as the custodians that need to be pushed out on form. These guys are winning a lot of games.

In the past 2 weeks Balta has gone up a level, Shai Bolton too, does Sydney Stack or Liam Baker get returned to the VFL? Maybe, we can't play 30 guys ... Butler is already fighting to get back in and Daniel was fit this weekend and was not brought straight back in. Townsend, Naish, Colemen Jones, Collier Dawkins are all too playing well enough to be cycling as emergencies.

Of course there are our superstars who will come back when fit but its kind of exciting that we have so many playing up to AFL standards. 9 games in and we have played 36 off our list already.

Our current team is good enough to get us into the 8 so put us in the running, spice it up with Reiwoldt, Nank and Cotch and others and who knows what is achievable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 677437

are you saying win one of the games in blue, giving us 14 wins? would 14 wins get us top four?

View attachment 677437

Us vs Brisbane at the MCG is not a 50/50 game.

My crack at our best 22 when fully fit:

FB: Grimes Astbury Vlastuin
HB: Edwards Rance Houli
C: Nank Martin Cotchin
Prestia Lambert McIntosh
HF: Caddy Riewoldt Higgins
FF: Rioli Lynch Baker
Int: Balta, Ellis, Stack, Ross

Stiff: Short, Broad, Bolton, Menadue, Soldo, Castagna, Graham, Garthwaite

are you saying win one of the games in blue, giving us 14 wins? would 14 wins get us top four?
Lol...no, that's not what I was saying.

The three games I mentioned are the ones I'm most concerned about losing, I was saying I think we need to win one of those....

Us vs Brisbane at the MCG is not a 50/50 game.

My crack at our best 22 when fully fit:

FB: Grimes Astbury Vlastuin
HB: Edwards Rance Houli
C: Nank Martin Cotchin
Prestia Lambert McIntosh
HF: Caddy Riewoldt Higgins
FF: Rioli Lynch Baker
Int: Balta, Ellis, Stack, Ross

Stiff: Short, Broad, Bolton, Menadue, Soldo, Castagna, Graham, Garthwaite
I agree, but they have been playing well, so....:shrug:

Lol...no, that's not what I was saying.

The three games I mentioned are the ones I'm most concerned about losing, I was saying I think we need to win one of those....
how many do you reckon
a for top four
b we will likely win

i reckon we finish on 16 wins

I hate myself for saying this and the whole board will hate me also but here goes......

We cant match Collingwood.

Im now going to bathe and I expect to be red carded.

I hate myself for saying this and the whole board will hate me also but here goes......

Red carded?

Perma banned.. :p

I get your point though.

They match up really well on us.

Duck yes, Watson kept going if, if, if. He sounded reluctant to me. Lol
Wouldn't be going if if if, if another club was doing what we are doing with this injury list. Has always been hesitant when it comes to the Tigers.

Yes we can. They cant beat us if we turn up to play, we had two shockers in a row v them.

Back