Can Richmond still be a contender this season?

Where will Richmond finish at the end of the H&A season?

• 1-4

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • 5-8

Votes: 60 45.8%
  • Miss Finals

Votes: 45 34.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Greggy

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2006
Earth
AFL Club
Richmond
We need to get a consistent team moving into rnd 17-23 to really push for finals, 7 games at the G with Jack, Shorty, Lambert, and Nank we are still a chance. We also need to lock down our forward line, Caddy needs to play a lot deeper and if Jack and Lynch can get some continuity together we may see a more threatening attack.

Come on Tige’s!

We can’t make top 4, so even though I still think we make finals, we won’t be contending. Even with players returning, they won’t find form straight away and I think even at our best, Pies, Cats, Giants and Eagles all have too much class for us anyway. Our chaos footy doesn’t work anymore

Jul 16, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Fighting Furies
We can’t make top 4, so even though I still think we make finals, we won’t be contending. Even with players returning, they won’t find form straight away and I think even at our best, Pies, Cats, Giants and Eagles all have too much class for us anyway. Our chaos footy doesn’t work anymore

We need to start drafting/recruiting for class and talent starting this year. We are getting better in that regards but still way off the top sides. Need to stop chasing players who just run and tackle all day.

Marcel Proust

"Oohh WADA ooga booga" {Jul 11 2013}
Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond

Round 2 proved this. Collingwood were too skillful and tactical.

Lsta062

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 15, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea, LA Lakers, Western United
We need to start drafting/recruiting for class and talent starting this year. We are getting better in that regards but still way off the top sides. Need to stop chasing players who just run and tackle all day.
West Coast, Collingwood, Geelong and GWS are slick sides in terms of skills and it’s no surprise that they are currently the top 4. Skill-based gameplan > any other gameplan. Whether it is endurance-based or pressure-based, I believe the only gameplan you can build a dynasty around is a skill-based gameplan. It’s the most reliable one out of all types IMO.

You’re right, we need to focus on drafting/playing class and talent in our side more than those who do nothing other than run and tackle all game.

roacheee

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Aug 25, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
not many of us think like a professional.
'amateurs practise til they get it right, professionals practise so they don't get it wrong'
jim furyk has a crap looking golf swing, but he is a multi-millionaire because it's consistent, repeatable and reliable under pressure.
our late surge in '17 proved our game plan wins finals
in '18 it proved we could be consistent and finish on top of the ladder

what we didn't do in '18 is play more kids or rest our stars enough.
also our coach is pretty inflexible

our game style played to our strengths .........but with an injury plagued season like we've had, we either have to adjust or cop it

JAKLAUGHING

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Nov 20, 2008
Vilnius
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
TASMANIAN DEBILS!!!
not many of us think like a professional.
'amateurs practise til they get it right, professionals practise so they don't get it wrong'
jim furyk has a crap looking golf swing, but he is a multi-millionaire because it's consistent, repeatable and reliable under pressure.
our late surge in '17 proved our game plan wins finals
in '18 it proved we could be consistent and finish on top of the ladder

what we didn't do in '18 is play more kids or rest our stars enough.
also our coach is pretty inflexible

our game style played to our strengths .........but with an injury plagued season like we've had, we either have to adjust or cop it
ANd just keep playing the kids to see what we do have...

Shazza_

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 2, 2018
Safeway carpark
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond VFL
gtfo

SdKfz 181

Premiership Player
Jun 5, 2009
Blairgowrie
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Rovers | Napoli | Victory
Certainly not cooked, most probably go 7-6 into the bye, but I see us wining the next 4, defeating all of, saints(marvel), suns(metricon), giants(MCG), and port(MCG). our last 4 matches of the season are at the MCG, including Melbourne, Carlton, and Brisbane.. We should finish this season with at least 14 wins

Last edited:

Jimmy Jess

Team Captain
Mar 26, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
utah jazz
Don’t understand all the pessimism.

We should make finals given our draw at the back end of the season. And if you make finals you have given yourself the opportunity. Top 4 would be nice, but we don’t seem to like the week off before the prelim anyway.

For finals we can choose between the best from our premiership 22, plus Stack, Balta, Pickett, Naish, Ross and Lynch.

The only def out is Griger, and possibly Rance, but if we are a chance I believe Trossman will be back for finals.

I might go a put a bet on for the premiership. Fat lady hasn’t even started warming up yet.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

May 8, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond

We should make finals given our draw at the back end of the season. And if you make finals you have given yourself the opportunity. Top 4 would be nice, but we don’t seem to like the week off before the prelim anyway.

For finals we can choose between the best from our premiership 22, plus Stack, Balta, Pickett, Naish, Ross and Lynch.

The only def out is Griger, and possibly Rance, but if we are a chance I believe Trossman will be back for finals.

I might go a put a bet on for the premiership. Fat lady hasn’t even started warming up yet.

Spot on, and the Cats excluded, none of the other top 6 are flying at the moment, and we have potentiality the biggest upside with the quality coming back, plus the massive bonus of after the bye we have Saints and Suns then the last 7 games at the G.
All things considering we're in a reasonably good position

JAKLAUGHING

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Nov 20, 2008
Vilnius
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
TASMANIAN DEBILS!!!

What are the odds?!?

Back