Autopsy Can Richmond win the flag from outside the top 4?

Remove this Banner Ad

Virtually no chance.
The Tiges on any given day can beat anyone. One thing they have lacked all season is consistency WITHIN games and over CONSECUTIVE games. Their best is mouth- watering, like bipolar Jennifer the concierge at the La Trobe street student accommodation place, they can tantalise and excite, and the next time, it's torment, even torture.
Most teams have lacked consistency over 4 quarters. It’s how the game is modelled for TV. Rules allow for quick scoring.

Tigers have struggled to slow a momentum swing and struggled to change to plan B.

Tigers plan A is going to contend if it’s allowed to go along like that. But plan B is bottom 8 type of footy. Put them on their heels and they’ve become undisciplined and stagnant at stoppages.

Most teams have lacked consistency over 4 quarters. It’s how the game is modelled for TV. Rules allow for quick scoring.

Tigers have struggled to slow a momentum swing and struggled to change to plan B.

Tigers plan A is going to contend if it’s allowed to go along like that. But plan B is bottom 8 type of footy. Put them on their heels and they’ve become undisciplined and stagnant at stoppages.
Stoppages and Centre bounces are definitely our Achilles heel. Its the main reason oppositions seem to get run-ons easily, especially later in the game.

No chance.
Much like the season, coach Hardwick will mortgage the finals by insisting on playing his favourites like Castagna, Edwards and Aarts, who've shown they can't get it done anymore, and it will bring us undone.
He's as stubborn as they come.
Plus, we always leave ourselves open to be overrun in the end as the likes of North and Gold Coast showed.
You just cannot include Edwards in the same group as Castagna & Aarts
Edwards is 2nd for total Goal Assists & 9th for total score involvements across the 2022 season.
Robbie Tarrant has more score involvements than Aarts!

Edwards is 2nd for total Goal Assists & 9th for total score involvements across the 2022 season.
The dude has a point about Hardwick being stubborn, but omg if Aarts ever darkens our doorstep again I m going to lose my s**t!

Edwards is running on empty and when he starts he is cooked by half time.
Not lost on me he was off for much of the last quarter in his 300th. There's a reason why.

Edwards is running on empty and when he starts he is cooked by half time.
Not lost on me he was off for much of the last quarter in his 300th. There's a reason why.
Still leading in some key stats for a forward pocket even given he's running on empty
Does not deserve to be grouped with the other two, he's a champion of our club and deserves to be treated as such

If there are zero injuries, Martin returns to 2020 form, and the line up settles, yes they can. There is an 90% chance the former does not occur and as a result I would say the chance is 10% at best.

With this being said I would not want to face us in finals. Especially Geelong as we are the closest team to getting them in their form patch. If they didn't deliberately target Prestia our fortunes would most likely be different. Their karma will come in finals I can see them getting done when the pressure cooker ramps up.

Anything can happen with the Tigers. They've been there before and know how to navigate finals. If they make the 8 they are a chance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You only beat us by 3 points with an injured midfield and knocked out our best defender. Hope we play you in finals, we’d beat you.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Whatever helps you sleep at night

If picking Richmond's opponents in a final, I'd 100% want Geelong to be one of them to give us the best chance at a flag.
That's awesome. I missed the point where I asked but it's great that you could get that off your chest!!

I Don't think any team that lost to North is a legit flag chance. Richmond are pretenders (and yes Carlton are worse)
Pretenders 3 flags isn't pretending. In saying that we won't win the grand final this year.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back