Autopsy Can Richmond win the flag from outside the top 4?

Remove this Banner Ad

I know there will be a few sides who wouldn't want to play us. Although I highly doubt we can win it, we can be a very dangerous team especially if Dusty can come back fit and refreshed. This is the time of the year that interests him!

Let's look at this incredible run of form of Richmond's....

Round 17 - lost to 12th placed Suns by 2 points
Round 18 - lost to 18th placed North Melbourne by 4 points
Round 19 - Drew with 6th placed Fremantle (in Melbourne).
Round 20 - Beat 3rd placed Brisbane (in Melbourne) by 7 points, after finding themselves 7 goals down in the second quarter. How long since Brisbane have won on the MCG?
Round 21 - Beat 11th placed Port Adelaide by 6 goals
Round 22 - Beat 13th placed Hawthorn by 10 goals. Hawthorn experimenting with player positions (i.e. Sicily) in preparation for 2023 and beyond.
Round 23 - Play Essendon.

This is Fools Gold. Someone has to make up the numbers in the Top 8 I guess, with teams like Carlton and St Kilda doing everything they can to not make it.

Round 20 - Beat 3rd placed Brisbane (in Melbourne) by 7 points, after finding themselves 7 goals down in the second quarter. How long since Brisbane have won on the MCG?
Round 22 - Beat 13th placed Hawthorn by 10 goals. Hawthorn experimenting with player positions (i.e. Sicily) in preparation for 2023 and beyond.

This is Fools Gold. Someone has to make up the numbers in the Top 8 I guess, with teams like Carlton and St Kilda doing everything they can to not make it.

Can’t wait to play you in finals. You beat everybody by less than 1 goal even the crap teams. Your luck has ran out. Wouldn’t be surprised if the blues beat you.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Cmon fadge, that’s very selective picking of games there. Check our record since rd 7 instead. Biggest loss is 6 points to Sydney.

Cmon fadge, that’s very selective picking of games there. Check our record since rd 7 instead. Biggest loss is 6 points to Sydney.
Especially round 8, to see what Richmond at 60% can do to Collingwood at 100%.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a skewed peice of rubbish you posted.
Obvious bias here.

Elimination final is our biggest hurdle, win that and I think we go all the way

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk
Agree.

If Richmond get into the 2nd week there will be some sphincters tightening

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

I could be proven wrong but feel vic media have just started up the hype train for tigers for dollars and cents.
having realised their preseason bombers for top 4 is dead in the water and their blues fairytale flag at the bye is on life support.
If luck falls their way and they play the finals series at home their a chance.
But feel it’s more cheer leading then fact.

AFL media loves to talk about the current or recently successful teams, even when no longer relevant. Happened with Geelong in weak years, happened with Hawthorn post dynasty, happening with Richmond.

Considering how far Richmond have pushed Geelong and Sydney, have beaten Brisbane and Collingwood, and drew with Fremantle, I don't think anyone fancies meeting them in the finals, however, the rage doesn't seem to be able to be maintained like it used to, and it's very hard to see it produced four weeks in a row.

So can they win a few finals? Absolutely. Can they win the flag? Probably not.

AFL media loves to talk about the current or recently successful teams, even when no longer relevant. Happened with Geelong in weak years, happened with Hawthorn post dynasty, happening with Richmond.

Considering how far Richmond have pushed Geelong and Sydney, have beaten Brisbane and Collingwood, and drew with Fremantle, I don't think anyone fancies meeting them in the finals, however, the rage doesn't seem to be able to be maintained like it used to, and it's very hard to see it produced four weeks in a row.

So can they win a few finals? Absolutely. Can they win the flag? Probably not.

If Dusty comes back fit and firing for finals, its all over.

To be honest, I'm actually praying to play the pies in the EF. Can't believe I'm saying this but I want to scum to beat you Sunday.

Looks like they could play Collingwood, wouldn't that be a huge crowd
Massive if. In the 7-ish game run he got in this year, he looked nothing like his past self. More of an outside finisher/cream-on-the-cake type role, rather than a one-man-army.
You don’t see his first half against WC?

Richmond are just the latest flavour of the month the media are fawning over.

They pick one or two sides each year from outside the top four and roll out the standard lines 'They'll do some damage in September', and 'The Top 4 teams would be wanting to avoid them'.

This has been happening since the beginning of time, and guess what? There is a reason only one team from outside the Top 4 have won the flag under this current finals system, and that's because it is simply too hard.

Combine that with the fact Richmond are a shadow of the team they were during their Dimmasty (and even then they were just a very good side in a relatively weak era), their finals campaign will be short-lived.

Can you imagine Richmond in their prime losing to the 13th placed and 18th placed teams over consecutive weeks in their lead into the finals?

Come on, Man...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back