Can Robert Harvey coach?

Remove this Banner Ad

Smooth media performance is a bonus (we were spoiled with Bucks).
I prefer my coaches major skill set to be coaching & tactics.
Clarko had a lot of ums & ahs in his press conferences (Doesn’t detract from his 4 Premierships).
Agree, I was being a little facetious. I'm not convinced on Harvey, he could just be the laxative that freed things up a little and got things moving.

Keen to see how the next few go, I was a definite 'no' but I did enjoy watching the WC game.

Let's not forget he was in charge of the Carlton game, much to make up for.

Funny how many on here blamed Harv's & other assistants for what we were putting out over the years. Instead of blaming the head coach.
I think we can get a better read on him now & he has done pretty well all things considered.

Exactly. Apparently Harv’s is a s**t coach. Go figure. And now he’s getting the credit for a changed game plan that was started under Bucks. Go figure. Truth it appears not so easy to distil.

Exactly. Apparently Harv’s is a sh*t coach. Go figure. And now he’s getting the credit for a changed game plan that was started under Bucks. Go figure. Truth it appears not so easy to distil.
I don't think the plan has changed much. It's just that players are now willing to wheel and go and run forward of the ball, backing their teammate to not stuff it up.

I'd give Harvey some credit for our seemingly different mindset.

Can Harvey coach? Yes.

Can he coach well? At times yes, at times no.

Can he be a good coach longterm? Potentially, but he needs to be able to adjust and switch plans and individual player roles on game day. It's this ability that all great coaches possess. Harvey hasn't shown that to date and it certainly should be a personal development focus.

Can Harvey coach? Yes.

Can he coach well? At times yes, at times no.

Can he be a good coach longterm? Potentially, but he needs to be able to adjust and switch plans and individual player roles on game day. It's this ability that all great coaches possess. Harvey hasn't shown that to date and it certainly should be a personal development focus.
Hes about to be a 50 year old coach and he still requires more time? its over

Hes about to be a 50 year old coach and he still requires more time? its over
It's part of the reason why I favour someone who has coached their own side. Harvey might be about to turn 50, but he hasn't had that exposure until now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back