Can someone actually tell me what happened during 2016 and that review which got players pissed off?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My guess is Lids thinks like half the BF board that DH is a clown and got vocal about it. Probably thinks contract renewal at start of year was stupid too. Probably thought assistant clean out while DH remains is just as stupid. I remember seeing him sitting on the bench furious when Ty strung 2 goals together and was taken off for a rest...I may share some of these views.

apparently thats not why he was pissed though.

My guess is Lids thinks like half the BF board that DH is a clown and got vocal about it. Probably thinks contract renewal at start of year was stupid too. Probably thought assistant clean out while DH remains is just as stupid. I remember seeing him sitting on the bench furious when Ty strung 2 goals together and was taken off for a rest...I may share some of these views.
Lids is a player . Players get paid to play , sure they can have opinion and are probably encouraged to share their opinion . But if they throw the toys out of the cot when s**t dont go their way its porbbaly time they moved on.

My friend said lids was rude to his kids at a family day and said he didn't have time to sign an autograph.

I've also heard a couple of times (few years ago) that lids and jack were arrogant and cliquey around the club and not well liked because of it.

Also I may not have a sense of humour but the Ferrari bs he goes on with is vomitous.

It's all hearsay and innuendo but I'm not surprised by any of this and think the club may be much better off. The absence of supportive farewell messages is speaking volumes at this point.

Not saying I'm right and the messages may well start flooding in but it's just my gut feel at this point.

Finally, a flick through cotchin's Instagram (including the ultrasound pic) proves only that he's a kind and thoughtful husband and father. Great role model.

you lot are all wrong

the player split started when Grigg cancelled the players discount at the Spud Bar, except for Lids. Dont underestimate the power of a baked spud

my understanding is that the leading teams model is predominately based on players and coaches giving honest assesment of each other.
Some didnt take the feedback to well and despite what some on here believ my understanding is the general feedback was the leaders as in cotchin and hardwick received great feedback and were rated highly including by murphy. However , there was some feedback , that all were privy to , those underneath them were attempting to white ant and were disruptive to a team enviroment.
It wasnt just players.
Chocco, Lade, Lennon.

my understanding is Jack lead the campaign to work as one or **** off.
He got spooked by the media continually telling him he should look elsewhere and as such was concerned the club may be shopping him around.Once that was put to bed no issue.
Must be at least vice captain.

My friend said lids was rude to his kids at a family day and said he didn't have time to sign an autograph.

I've also heard a couple of times (few years ago) that lids and jack were arrogant and cliquey around the club and not well liked because of it.

Also I may not have a sense of humour but the Ferrari bs he goes on with is vomitous.

It's all hearsay and innuendo but I'm not surprised by any of this and think the club may be much better off. The absence of supportive farewell messages is speaking volumes at this point.

Not saying I'm right and the messages may well start flooding in but it's just my gut feel at this point.

Finally, a flick through cotchin's Instagram (including the ultrasound pic) proves only that he's a kind and thoughtful husband and father. Great role model.

Further hearsay, but two primary school teaching friends of mine were thoroughly unimpressed with Lids interactions with their kids

Yeah I heard Lids wanted the Tim Tams gone from the common room. Wanted them replaced with iced vovovs. Leadership group overruled him and casued a massive irreparable fracture. You can't come back from that. Had to go.
Good idea from Lids.... I don't like Tim Tam's... I reckon they're massively overrated

Well this may be true but my interactions with Lids were only positive. I took my nephews to a heap of family days and he was courteous to them and me "g'day champ, what's your name, go Tiges".

But it's all about the individual experience, Richo was my hero growing up, I got a guernsey signed by him and he was pretty rude to me, was kind of gutting actually.

Yeah, I've seen players at family day that seemed like they really didn't want to be there and then run into the same guy at a pub in the offseason and he's as friendly as can be. Can't judge them from one encounter when they must have hundreds of fan interactions every week. They can't be up for all of them.

Deledio was nice to my kids when they spoke to him.

Best Tiger encounters ever for my kids have been Richard Tambling, Luke McGuane and Alex Rance. Tambling was really soft spoken and sweet when talking to my daughters and they loved him. Rance was just charming. McGuane was the best though. He was injured and sitting a few rows back from us one time and the kids saw him and went back to talk to him. He was awesome, introducing them to all the people he was with. They felt like he was their friend after that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon our success this trade period was a lot to do with Balmes negociating skills.
The guy could sell ice to the eskimos.
Balmy gave Blair the credit on SEN. However, I bet these guys walk a bit taller with someone like Balmy standing behind them and perhaps he has given them a bit more direction in what they should be doing.

Yeah, I've seen players at family day that seemed like they really didn't want to be there and then run into the same guy at a pub in the offseason and he's as friendly as can be. Can't judge them from one encounter when they must have hundreds of fan interactions every week. They can't be up for all of them.

Best Tiger encounters ever for my kids have been Richard Tambling, Luke McGuane and Alex Rance. Tambling was really soft spoken and sweet when talking to my daughters and they loved him. Rance was just charming. McGuane was the best though. He was injured and sitting a few rows back from us one time and the kids saw him and went back to talk to him. He was awesome, introducing them to all the people he was with. They felt like he was their friend after that.

Excellent call. I can add Dean Polo to that list. In 2009? When cuz came across and we had the family day out in the dust bowl of jells Park, he asked my nephews who their favourite player was and they said Lids and Cotch. He said forget about them, whack a 14 on the backs and get on the polo train. Later in the day we walked past him and he remembered them, told them don't forget #14. Was great for the boys who were 9 and 6 at the time.

Balmy gave Blair the credit on SEN. However, I bet these guys walk a bit taller with someone like Balmy standing behind them and perhaps he has given them a bit more direction in what they should be doing.

To me this is huge....A leader knows how to support those around him & gets the best out of them. To be totally honest I had never been sold on Lid's ability to do this (not because he''s just left either). I've always had that as a question mark in my head about Lids. A little the same about Cotch but mainly due to his age when he became capt. I've been hoping they would rise to the roles & prove me way wrong.....

Chocco, Lade, Lennon.

Don't reckon it was Lade, Dimma was keen to keep him. If he had been undermining him I reckon Dimma would have wanted Lade gone and the club would never have offered a year contract. That being said there has been talk for awhile now about him not getting on with a few players, so that may have not helped.

Seems Chocco might have been a problem and I wonder if he was running a divide between senior players and young players that he was working with. Would also be looking at Ross Smith and Greg Mellor as both were moved on pretty quickly.

Well this may be true but my interactions with Lids were only positive. I took my nephews to a heap of family days and he was courteous to them and me "g'day champ, what's your name, go Tiges".

But it's all about the individual experience, Richo was my hero growing up, I got a guernsey signed by him and he was pretty rude to me, was kind of gutting actually.
And there are plenty of others who have had overwhelmingly positive encounters with Richo. Indeed, it can simply be a bad day or bad timing for them.

Don't reckon it was Lade, Dimma was keen to keep him. If he had been undermining him I reckon Dimma would have wanted Lade gone and the club would never have offered a year contract. That being said there has been talk for awhile now about him not getting on with a few players, so that may have not helped.

Seems Chocco might have been a problem and I wonder if he was running a divide between senior players and young players that he was working with. Would also be looking at Ross Smith and Greg Mellor as both were moved on pretty quickly.

Greg mellor something about him looks untrustworthy

Wouldn't put it past him

Poor old Lids and Jack as they took pay cuts all those years in hope of getting quality in only to get guys like Yarran and a Chappy in for big bucks
Then the Prestia talks for 700k must have been the last straw.
They were promised flags and heaven and got smoke and hell.
Ding dong
I hope we are not paying that for him..

Super impressed with Adam Pattison with kids, a genuine guy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back