Can someone actually tell me what happened during 2016 and that review which got players pissed off?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't reckon it was Lade, Dimma was keen to keep him. If he had been undermining him I reckon Dimma would have wanted Lade gone and the club would never have offered a year contract. That being said there has been talk for awhile now about him not getting on with a few players, so that may have not helped.

Seems Chocco might have been a problem and I wonder if he was running a divide between senior players and young players that he was working with. Would also be looking at Ross Smith and Greg Mellor as both were moved on pretty quickly.
Don't know about Lade but I've always had an opinion on the Chocco appointment. Didn't like. I did have professional dealings with him at both Port and GWS that raised flags in regards to his appointment at RFC. Is divisive and despite what he has achieved lacks a certain confidence in himself. Hence probably his want to be divisive. Is actually a rather nice bloke - interesting, intelligent, accomplished, confusing .

Balmy gave Blair the credit on SEN. However, I bet these guys walk a bit taller with someone like Balmy standing behind them and perhaps he has given them a bit more direction in what they should be doing.

This is true

I have heard that balmes influence intge footy dep is allready massive

I think the word used was monumental

Don't know about Lade but I've always had an opinion on the Chocco appointment. Didn't like. I did have professional dealings with him at both Port and GWS that raised flags in regards to his appointment at RFC. Is divisive and despite what he has achieved lacks a certain confidence in himself. Hence probably his want to be divisive. Is actually a rather nice bloke - interesting, intelligent, accomplished, confusing .

Chocco thought the game plan was too complicated for the players

He told me that himself .

I heard somewhere (could have on BF?) that Choco was giving one of the VFL boys (Chol I think) a dressing down over the fence and Rance was there a pulled him up that wasn't the best way to get the best out of Chol. Choco started having a go at Rance and Rance basically just walked away from him.

I heard somewhere (could have on BF?) that Choco was giving one of the VFL boys (Chol I think) a dressing down over the fence and Rance was there a pulled him up that wasn't the best way to get the best out of Chol. Choco started having a go at Rance and Rance basically just walked away from him.
Don't get me wrong. I'm not into a witch hunt on Chocco. I just didn't think he was the right guy for the job. Yes this despite all the Dusty stuff etc. The guy has his talents but...

Yep see ya. People wonder why this club is the joke of the afl thats exactly why. Because we keep players that are s**t and pay them over the top to be s**t.

You hear "joke of the AFL", I hear "the greatest fear of the AFL". They are all s**t scared of the Tiger Army and continually talk us down to tie in with their deep insecurity. RFC is just a footy club like the rest of them, but ask yourself why we're everyone's Grand Final?
Hawk supporters have to yap about premierships but deep down are insecure. No one cares about Norf, Saints, interstate teams (although Sydney command respect) Collingwood without Macguire would be bust, Ess, Carlton, etc I mean, seriously we are the biggest ticket in town.

Why does the "joke of the AFL" have 70,000 members? It just doesn't add up, does it?

You hear "joke of the AFL", I hear "the greatest fear of the AFL". They are all s**t scared of the Tiger Army and continually talk us down to tie in with their deep insecurity. RFC is just a footy club like the rest of them, but ask yourself why we're everyone's Grand Final?
Hawk supporters have to yap about premierships but deep down are insecure. No one cares about Norf, Saints, interstate teams (although Sydney command respect) Collingwood without Macguire would be bust, Ess, Carlton, etc I mean, seriously we are the biggest ticket in town.

Why does the "joke of the AFL" have 70,000 members? It just doesn't add up, does it?

I think those that know their footy pretty well pity us. It's pretty bad out there. No one really takes us seriously anymore.

I think those that know their footy pretty well pity us. It's pretty bad out there. No one really takes us seriously anymore.

That's what they say, and that's my point.
They take us seriously, make no mistake. The noise, the excitement, the crowds, when the Tiges are up and about it sends a tremor thru the Afl.
Those that know their footy well also know that we just didn't have a full list to be ultra competitive. When we do....lookout!

That's what they say, and that's my point.
They take us seriously, make no mistake. The noise, the excitement, the crowds, when the Tiges are up and about it sends a tremor thru the Afl.
Those that know their footy well also know that we just didn't have a full list to be ultra competitive. When we do....lookout!

You are a trooper. I'll give you that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When

have I bull dusted on here ? Why should I tell you?
Can't you put the pieces together

we are
no i am very dumb, please put the pieces together for me.

Well i can't just believe everyone on the internet, you could just easily be making stuff up for likes. Its even more likely to be a lie and just for attention given how coy you are about it. "i know this but i wont tell you" why even say it in the first place? just screams attention seeking

LOL are you serious? with no players theres no club, the players do way more than us. they are the ones who do pre season and put their bodies to the absolute max just to play for us and try to make us happy. you and i have no idea how hard and how much these guys do. all we do is sit on our arses, maybe pay a few 100 a year, we dont go through mental and physical things full time like they do

Your post sums up why we get accused of mediocrity. I never questioned his endeavour, he's a jet. I question his leadership after nearly 5 years at the helm. Is it coincidence that his best year was when newy was captain? Cotch should be talked about in the same conversations as dangerfield and selwood but he's not.

Also.. Tex walker wasn't even considered in the leadership group under Sanderson, Phil Walsh came in and realised how good he was and made him captain. They've won finals under Tex, we lost 3 in a row and Cotch struggled to get to double digit possessions.

lol read my post more carefully, i am saying we lack those leadership options, and that cotch hasnt done that bad of a job as people have said, i ahvent said he is going great guns and nothing should change, i hate where we are at atm, and if you read my other posts youll know that

LOL are you serious? with no players theres no club, the players do way more than us. they are the ones who do pre season and put their bodies to the absolute max just to play for us and try to make us happy. you and i have no idea how hard and how much these guys do. all we do is sit on our arses, maybe pay a few 100 a year, we dont go through mental and physical things full time like they do
Still trying to convince yourself your an AFL footballer Ben?Nice try.

no i am very dumb, please put the pieces together for me.

Well i can't just believe everyone on the internet, you could just easily be making stuff up for likes. Its even more likely to be a lie and just for attention given how coy you are about it. "i know this but i wont tell you" why even say it in the first place? just screams attention seeking
That's because he's talking out his arse

lol read my post more carefully, i am saying we lack those leadership options, and that cotch hasnt done that bad of a job as people have said, i ahvent said he is going great guns and nothing should change, i hate where we are at atm, and if you read my other posts youll know that

We definitely lack leadership options but if you comb through most afl lists there are only really 3 or 4 standouts that could lead. For me I don't know what the obvious reasons that Jack wouldn't be considered captain. Perhaps he is a bit of a campaigner but maybe we needed that? Anyway hopefully with Caddy and Prestia there cotch has sufficient back up

Still trying to convince yourself your an AFL footballer Ben?Nice try.
..? funny how people like you think you do more for the club, like it or not we are just fans and supporters, i can be as big of fan of Apple as I want at the end of the day its the developers etc who do more for them. the players are the ones that are actually working for the club. typical deluded fan

Cmon Doc, surely not, TI is ever the optimist and his strong opinions would be based on internal knowledge?
He knows Coburg. Our alignment with Coburg ended around the same time he last made a good post

..? funny how people like you think you do more for the club, like it or not we are just fans and supporters, i can be as big of fan of Apple as I want at the end of the day its the developers etc who do more for them. the players are the ones that are actually working for the club. typical deluded fan
Lets all not attend for the next few years shall we.And by the sounds of it you have never been to a game otherwise you'd know its the supporters who keep this club going.
No crowds>>No primetime games>>loss of revenue(Sponsorship)>>Sounds like Fitzroy.
Players come and go.We don't.

Well this may be true but my interactions with Lids were only positive. I took my nephews to a heap of family days and he was courteous to them and me "g'day champ, what's your name, go Tiges".

But it's all about the individual experience, Richo was my hero growing up, I got a guernsey signed by him and he was pretty rude to me, was kind of gutting actually.

Bit the same here. Can't fault Lids at family days I've attended. Not saying the negatives haven't happened. Lots of times I've looked back on moments and thought I'd wished I'd handled them better. Still do. Why would players be any different?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back