Discussion Can someone work out the origins of this GF guernsey?

Remove this Banner Ad

Cutshot6363

Draftee
Apr 11, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
Hi guys, I've recently bought this 2017 GF Guernsey and am interested in it's story. It has 'player edition' on the bottom, GPS sleeve behind the neck and the number is printed into the material. All signs lead towards a player issue jumper, but the GF logo is printed on and not the logo that gets heat pressed onto the Guernsey. If anyone has any idea about the origin of the jumper i'd love to find out! Thanks.

Attachments

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cutshot6363

Draftee
Apr 11, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
Yeah good point, wonder if the jumper is fake? Just interesting as to why it would have a GPS sleeve, the person I got it off said they got it in 2017 off someone who has friends at the club.

Nickimus Rex

Senior List
Mar 30, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Does it have this pattern inside the football of the AFL logo? Also I noticed the 2017 font is different to this Brandon Ellis auction one from official Tigerland

images (13).jpeg

Freight Train

Board man gets paid.
Sep 12, 2015
The West
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Cherries, Glory, Marítimo, Raptors
Unfortunately a fake, going off the lack of complete stroke around the AFL logo and the off centre Puma logo. There was a fair few of these going around eBay after the premiership so this is what I’m guessing you’ve ended up with.

Ridiculously good replicas, I almost don’t understand with the level of detail they put into them how they can’t just get it 100%.

Cutshot6363

Draftee
Apr 11, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
Unfortunately a fake, going off the lack of complete stroke around the AFL logo and the off centre Puma logo. There was a fair few of these going around eBay after the premiership so this is what I’m guessing you’ve ended up with.

Ridiculously good replicas, I almost don’t understand with the level of detail they put into them how they can’t just get it 100%.
Thanks for the reply, yeah this points to it being a replica. It's going to be the centrepiece of some memorabilia frames i'm making so will do the job anyway. Thanks for clearing it up!

MIKE85

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 9, 2012
PERTH
AFL Club
West Coast
Its a reproduction. There’s been a heap of them around the last few years. Anything with a sublimated GF patch from the last few years isn’t genuine. All should be heat pressed, 3D type as per the 2017 image above. I think some teams in the early 2010s May have had sublimated ones (pies madness possibly hawks in 2012) but apart from that, they’ve all been the iron on type

SaadyArmy

Senior List
Jan 31, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Its a reproduction. There’s been a heap of them around the last few years. Anything with a sublimated GF patch from the last few years isn’t genuine. All should be heat pressed, 3D type as per the 2017 image above. I think some teams in the early 2010s May have had sublimated ones (pies madness possibly hawks in 2012) but apart from that, they’ve all been the iron on type
There are also guernseys manufactured for framing purposes which are legitimate and have sublimated gf logos

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Top Bottom